Windows 10

>Windows 10
>Current state of

Other urls found in this thread:

superuser.com/questions/492281/from-a-quality-perspective-what-is-better-turning-volume-up-in-the-software-i
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

C U C K E D

i dont get it

Two volume sliders for the same device.

>Windows 10
>Actual current state of

JUST

The actual current state

>not purposely making things more complicated by downloading nircmd and binding keys to run nircmd changesysvolume

You people disgust me, why are you on Sup Forums?

this font shit is ridiculous. Even obscure distributions of linux doesn't ship with bugs like this. I don't understand how they can sell a software in this state.

turn the volume down it should never exceed 10

One is the slider you get when you're changing the volume from the speaker icon in the taskbar.
The other is the overlay that shows up in the top left corner when you're changing the volume with volume buttons on your keyboard.

I don't see the issue.

>not windows 7

It would be sane to use one overlay that can be controlled by different inputs. The Windows way is a bit inconsistent

BOT
O
T

NET
E
T

says who?

He's right though. I have mine set to 14 and then foobar at 50%

Get woke nigga stop bein' a slave.

Don't you have a phone to piss on?

the thing is the sound control is in the taskbar and the other one shows up on the top left to be less intrusive when watching a movie, for example
it makes sense

>y tho
I also have my volume set to around 10, higher is too loud. Why is that?

Because windows codebase is beyond saving.

I keep seeing explorer screenshots with tabs but I recently used a win10 PC and saw nothing of the sort

>can't go past 100
True present state

You remind me of that homeless guy a drive by when I buy groceries but never give change to.

This is me giving you change.

I'll take that as a yes.

Take it however you want just know that you will never get to take my dick in your mouth no matter how much you want it.

Did someone hax vekin's tripcode?

Windows should always be at full volume dumbass because turning the volume down in osftware fucks up the quality.

it depends on the power of your soundcard/amplifier and the resistance of your headphones/speakers

Just some guy I triggered on a manic crusade to suck my dick. Hes trying to use PUA on me.

Really feel bad for you mate, seems you have finally succumbed to full on depression/autism.

Man I had no idea the pissphone episode affected you so much.

>current state of windows 10

Matsuda-chan#psycho
Natsume#unearth
Sup Forumsnon#mahjong
Sylph#tempest
King of Zeroes#homosexual
JamesCID#Shana
Muteboy#Chong
Rape-Chan##arch
Anonymous of London#pirate
Anonymous of Los Angeles#yoko
Thelostcup#gigantic
##romance
irulan#legendary
Flapjack#password
Iceman#jenny
υall█►Gendo(•∀•)Ikari◄█#awesome#cool
MiMW is Mai Waifu is Mai Waifu#huzzah
tripfiend#chaetognath
Aleister#MAGIC
Russia is my Significant Other##what
Gertrud Barkhorn#darkness
Scooter#jacob
F##grave
Anonymous Rikako#password
No.69#blacksmith
Jake the Snake#dicks
Hiroyuki#Whiplash
Baka Inu!#FL4PJ4CK
Anonymous Minami Asakura#password
paperface#still
CAVED#frilly
KDEL#leucine
Fin##moonbeam
Arantheus#tolkien
Nightjumper#hedda
Tougou Masakazu#GAT
formerly-user#tacos
Tomoko Anabuki#check
Anonymous#anonymous
Green-Ranger##password
Danbo sparT #changer
Shizor##penis
Báthory Red#blue
Jake the Faggot#zoo (change faggot to random animal)
Sup Forums - Animoe and Mangar#icecream (email:kawaii morning)
holic##niggertits™
0pac1ty##tycoon or #? can't remember
Lanced Jack ## zomgwarudo
#85}~Dbn|
wtH#vナYセfシaN
Bitches & #nBLbbT@x
(!LightPenis) #mK撃^[Dk
(!LLLLL) #*Tp0tp8[
(!AWESOMEEE) #ft9-HxC/
Cosmic#;p)QIOwZ
Rei#clones
White Ren#chilly
Yotsuba ºC##gitahakatanahkonatah

>tripfags you've never heard of: the list

At least some of those are well known

What is this? Clover is buggy as fuck

I could get butthurt and call you a fat alcoholic that posts videos of himself driving into trees near kids playgrounds but I won't because I'm not a dick, oh wait.

Is this actually true? It seems like bullshit but a few of my friends said the same thing about my phone volume.

Yes, it's true

If you mux multiple audio streams with different sampling rates it can cause noticeable distortion if the software encoding the streams is terrible, generally you would never notice.

Software volume reduction works via reducing bit depth.

superuser.com/questions/492281/from-a-quality-perspective-what-is-better-turning-volume-up-in-the-software-i

delet this

>He's right though. I have mine set to 14 and then foobar at 50%
For maximum quality you should leave all software sliders unchanged (usually 100) and only use your speaker's knobs to adjust volume.
This way you prevent software filters being used which are sometimes of really, really bad quality. Since most people don't feel like researching their software-chain's audio filter quality simply try to prevent them being used at all.

>@Lyman Enders Knowles pointed out in the comments that the issue of bit depth reduction does not apply to modern operating systems. Specifically, starting with Vista, Windows automatically upsamples all audio streams to 32-bit floating point before doing any attenuation. This means that, however low you turn the volume, there should be no effective loss of resolution.
the "software" volume is controlled by the sound card. it gets the full 16 or 24 bit sound and then attenuates it. think about it: if it reduced the bit depth like you're suggesting, then a volume setting of 10 would lower the bit depth to 1.6 or 2.4 which would be completely unusable.

>a volume setting of 10 would lower the bit depth to 1.6 or 2.4

Are you trying to imply that turning your volume down to 10% reduces 16bit audio to 1.6bits?

l2read

I read the same thing you did and didn't assume that stupid ass shit.

>Software volume reduction works via reducing bit depth.
>@Lyman Enders Knowles pointed out in the comments that the issue of bit depth reduction does not apply to modern operating systems.
what do you think he meant then you fucking retard?

for fuck off to reddit with your passive agressive smug shit

Windows 10 is so bad I'm considering going back to 8.

What's so bad about it?

nice projecting

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

if it had the issue of reducing bit depth, what you do you think a setting of 10% would reduce it to? 15? 14? potato?

And you clearly do, the only difference is that I don't pretend not to understand someone and make shit up to try and humiliate them.

:3

CURRIED
U
R
R
I
E
D

kill yourself retard

Lose the ego dipshit you are gonna have a heart attack.

Popups
stability(admittedly only with a few things)
shit and rushed drivers
Incompatibility with older software
pushy updates
PC turns itself on after a certain period of time being off, which never happened before so I'm pretty sure it's windows 10, plus it happens during consistent time periods, and I've checked the BIOS and there's no setting that should be making this happen. Still I could be wrong but for now I'm blaming windows 10.

The incompatibility with older software and shit drivers bother me the most by far.

now this is projecting

Whoops, is meant for

What do people at microsoft spend their time doing?

They have literally 2 products, Office and winshit.

Why cant they make it at least look good? Or consistent? Its the bare minimum

Smelly brown people can't code, there I said it

it's funny how almost all software companies, no matter how big they are, are quite shit. ms are only relevant because they got the foot in the door with ther OS's in the early days

Software development was a mistake

You cut and paste that left bar down to that area, it's normally in the top left.

It's not meant as a slider to use, it's an always-on-top overlay to display current volume while running fullscreen apps when adjusted. It doesn't even show unless you're using keyboard media controls to adjust volume.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Scaling on Windows is ridiculous.
It's either 100% or get ready to get fucked.

windows 10 is fucked on my system. The sound is so wonky. The slider only has 3 volume levels. Silent. Loud. Loud as fuck.

The most annoying thing is that they saw this problem coming in the 80's, so they implemented WMFs and the GDI system. But by the 90's, everybody had a 96DPI screen, so everybody conveniently forgot about any sort of DPI compliance, and MS has been dealing with the aftermath.

>tabs

lol why

>ITT fucking tripfag losers who actually spent time to generate "i'm special" trips
LMFAO

>windows 10
>current state of

Qttabbar pretty good.

Disable it you tard

windows 10 doesn't have tabs for some retarded reason. that dude has something else installed.

FERALxFEMALE PLS

You modify your registry to get those volume mixers in the same pane? Because they're on opposite sides of the window.

But it does not work exactly like that. There is still loss.

>he thinks going up to 32 with a 16 stream to get out 24 is not going to reduce anytihng

Yes.

You should always use the Line Out not Speaker output of your sound card/DAC if you use a AMP and keep volume at 100%.