Is Sup Forums going to buy this technology?

is Sup Forums going to buy this technology?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Splatoon/dp/B00KWFCV32/ref=sr_1_2/167-0920115-7481166?ie=UTF8&qid=1486765320&sr=8-2&keywords=splatoon+2&th=1
theverge.com/2017/2/1/14474430/nintendo-switch-online-service-price
amazon.com/Splatoon-2-Switch/dp/B01N9QVIRV/ref=sr_1_1/167-0920115-7481166?ie=UTF8&qid=1486765320&sr=8-1&keywords=splatoon 2
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis
pcpartpicker.com/list/ff6wjc
extremetech.com/gaming/242902-nintendo-confirms-switch-wont-run-legend-zelda-breath-wild-1080p
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably not

>$300
>plus $70 for the non-shit controller
>plus $70 for spla2oon
>plus $60 a year to play online

that's $500 to play a single game
absolutely not, I hope that shit crashes and burns

On sale, in the future. Not at launch. Still hoping Nintendo goes 3rd party so I don't need to buy it at all.

there is not a single thing new about the switch iy does not belong in Sup Forums

>>plus $60 a year to play online
>>plus $70 for spla2oon
are these confirmed?

I am, have it pre-ordered because it's reasonably cheap and I'm interested in new experiences. If it were just a Nintendo PS4 I wouldn't be interested.

if nintendo goes 3rd party i can see them being just bitter enough to go PC only

Thats fine, thats how I play Wii or earlier Nintendo games already.

I don't even know why they bother at this point.
PS4 is $200 and and has actual games.

This thing is coming in as an 8th gen abortion with mobile phone graphics and the only game I wanted to play is locked behind shit hardware.

No, it's shit. Trips will confirm.

Online will be $25 a year i think

Fugg

No, that user is wrong.

Splatoon 2 MSRP is $60: amazon.com/Splatoon/dp/B00KWFCV32/ref=sr_1_2/167-0920115-7481166?ie=UTF8&qid=1486765320&sr=8-2&keywords=splatoon+2&th=1

Online access will be < $30/year: theverge.com/2017/2/1/14474430/nintendo-switch-online-service-price

Whoops, I linked the wrong Splatoon because I'm an idiot. amazon.com/Splatoon-2-Switch/dp/B01N9QVIRV/ref=sr_1_1/167-0920115-7481166?ie=UTF8&qid=1486765320&sr=8-1&keywords=splatoon 2

TRIPS HAVE SPOKEN

Wow, $460 instead of $500.

What a difference. I still hope switch crashes and burns so they get stuck having to support 3DS another 5 years because the library is lacking and I don't feel like I got my moneys worth worth from it yet.

I'll get the next trips, confirming that every company involved with this abominatin shall be fucked.

No problem, we all make mistakes :)

Welp

Impressive.

quads and trips together

Did I say trips? I meant hepts.

I may try to contribute to any open source emulator for pc so maybe I'll need one.

God dammit, who got them?

FUGG OFF BY ONE

SO CLOSE

Shit.

nope
i'll just buy zelda on wii u

Your software broke, Pajeet.

>Console games are more expensive than PC.
>Consoles aren't backward compatible, while I can still play ancient games on a brand new PC.
I can look past that, because Nintendo's games are unique, but
>Subscription for online multiplayer
Screw that.

Unless I can freely download the game server software and host it where I want I am not paying for online multiplayer.

I'm more of a Sergei, but you're right. My country would exile me if they knew.

Sucks, but Nintendo is the last of the consoles to go this route. We'll probably start seeing this with PC games too. Welcome to the "cloud"

imo, game developer should start to have pads support on computers and make local multiplayer games, split screen online etc. like what exist on console.
There's no good reason to not make it on computers.. xbox, ps and steam controller all works fine on windows and linux, and I personally would buy a lot of games to start playing with friends.

>tfw boner

No! Go to hell! Gamepads do not belong at PCs! PC games should not be made for them! They need to stick to supporting proper, traditional PC control means - joysticks.

There's nothing wrong with supporting everything on PC. Then players just choose their devices. But when you got 3 friends coming at home and you want to play video games, you can't do it on a computer, you're forced to have an expensive console

I agree. There are barely any local multiplayer games these days, let alone on pc.

I'll probably get a Switch at some point. I must play BOTW and friends will get it as well.
Then again I have lost almost all interest in nintendo games (except zelda and smash). My 3DS has been collecting dust for ages. Maybe I grew out of it, so getting a whole new console might be a waste of money.

I am actually going to get one. I don't have a lot of money (For games) so I am okay with buying games every few months. I want Zelda and the new Mario.

gamepads have joysticks

Nintendo is ass. Their shitty consoles powered by Z-80s need to go in the fucking trash where they belong.

yes and no

>i can see them being just bitter enough to go PC only
You might be right there. They'll have their own proprietary store though.

Nintendo has already made it known if they do ever go out of business they will take their franchises with them retard

Except nobody wishes for Nintendo to go bankrupt, only their console division.

I probably will eventually. I've been waiting for a Nintendo home console that doesn't have a fucking dumb gimmick. I just hope that they leave motion control behind in the fucking past despite the controllers being capable of it. A whole decade of motion control bullshit.

i don't buy shit technology. this thing is overpriced and doesn't even do its purpose (play games, which it will have essentially none of) right

fuck no

[source needed]

Nintendo is a public traded company. If they were endanger of shuttering the company and there were no other recourse, the BOD would vote to sell off IP.

Yes. I managed to get 4 preorders in for my family.

The only reason why the PS4 was cheaper at launch is because it had NO GAMES

>literally less than 1/3rd as graphically powerful than $300 phones with SD820 chips
lolno I'm good, I'll stick to Android games/nintendo console emulators and my bluetooth controller.

Good point, a PC would be much better. With $300 you can do a build just as powerful if not more than a PS4 and run all the nintendo console emulators you want.

Are you dumb? They did it to beat Xbox on its price platform

>$400
>plus $60 a year to play online
>plus $0 for no games
>plus $0 because no controller options
Yeah thats amazing. $460 for no games.

Will probably just pirate BOTW and leave the console alone until the holidays

They would have been better off using a ARM chip... Much cheaper, power efficient, smaller, and better then the X1.

Why would I waste money on a console?

I'm an adult who doesn't suffer from autism and doesn't have children, so it's unlikely.

It's the worst of both worlds- too large to be pocketable but far too weak to replace a PS4 or gaming PC. It's basically equivalent to hundreds of generic cheapy chinky android tablets, albeit with a more refined interface etc.

explain to me this john wall super mario nintendo meme.

i dont lurk with the Sup Forumsirgins

Who cares aboug GFlops the X1 still benchmarks higher than an Adreno 530.

Youd actually need $400 to get started with a desktop. It scales better from there.
HDD ~45
8GB ram ~25
mobo ~70
PSU ~40
CPU ~110
GPU ~150
Case ~40
KB+M ~15
OS ~30
Which is 525. You can nickel and dime it down to 400 before you have to start buying used parts. I know I did when I first built my pc. Free OS because I was a student but even if you arent microsoft only puts a watermark on your system if you dont pay. Already had kb+m. Went cheap with a g3258 cpu and you just nickel and dime ~5 here and there to get it down to $400. But if you want it more powerful you just add another 60 to it for a 480/1060 and you have something more powerful than ps4 pro / scropio.

it's a kids toy, so fuck no

>pocket
Do you put your tablet in your pocket? I see why people make the manchild jokes about gaming in public. Nothing could be more cringey then seeing an adult pull a gaming system out of his pocket. Pockets are for bare essentials. Keys, wallet, phone. Stuff like that. Luxuries go in a bag.

You know this is false because the Switch undocked is stronger than the Wii U

X1 IS an ARM chip you dumbass. It sports 4 A57 ARM core housefires.

The problem is the gpu is from nvidia which is fucking dogshit. X1 was famous for constant thermal throttling and we can already see how terrible performance is.

I'm actually impressed with nintendo, they are selling a product less than as powerful as a wii-u when undocked and nintendofags will still lap this dogshit up like it's the second cumming of christ.

>X1 IS an ARM chip you dumbass
I know this you cunt. I meant to include *regular*

>The problem is the gpu is from nvidia which is fucking dogshit. X1 was famous for constant thermal throttling and we can already see how terrible performance is
Sure is. They should have gone another route.

>I'm actually impressed with nintendo, they are selling a product less than as powerful as a wii-u when undocked and nintendofags will still lap this dogshit up like it's the second cumming of christ.
I agree.

>"Even while docked, Switch doesn't run at Tegra X1's full potential. Clock-speeds are locked here at 768MHz, considerably lower than the 1GHz found in Shield Android TV, but the big surprise from our perspective was the extent to which Nintendo has down-clocked the GPU to hit its thermal and battery life targets. That's not a typo: it really is 307.2MHz - meaning that in portable mode, Switch runs atexactly40 per cent of the clock-speed of the fully docked device."

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

Definitely not buying. Too expensive and paid online is lulz. Also, I'm not going to use some shitty square controller.

waiting for price drop to 200

>muh outdated rumors
Show me Zelda running at 30fps on the wii u.

Impossible, Dock and controller cost 170. Console is literally never going below 250.

pls kys you retarded sack of shit

pcpartpicker.com/list/ff6wjc

Watch as he'll post an intentionally slowed down webm and claim it's the real deal.

>amd cpu
>250gb hdd
>460
>case and psu combo
ignoring the house fire you are trying to cause, the specs arent up to the ps4.

>"The game is the same otherwise on both systems, and the Switch version islocked to 30 FPS even when in tablet mode."

extremetech.com/gaming/242902-nintendo-confirms-switch-wont-run-legend-zelda-breath-wild-1080p

>>amd cpu
Not all games run on a single cpu thread

gb hdd
So you can get a 1TB PS4 for $300?

Has a little bit more performance than the PS4's APU's GPU's, what about it?

>>case and psu combo
What's the problem? The Rx 460 doesn't even require PSU pci-express connectors, it runs straight from the motherboard alone. Also the CPU and GPU will use like 150 watts at max, far far below what the integrated PSU can output.

>ignoring the house fire you are trying to cause, the specs arent up to the ps4.
Nigger the Rx 460 is a 2TFLOP FP32 card just a little faster than the iGPU in the PS4. Also the CPU is just as powerful if not more especially in single thread performance (4x 3.8 GHz vs 8 x 1.6 GHz).

Anyway I'm currently using this build and I get 60+ on medium 1080p settings in BF4. That's good enough for me desu.

I love when people dont read their source and it contradicts the point they are trying to make

Dude 240Hz 4K TVs and 1440p phones have become popular and the nintendo switch is running games at 720P at 30FPS.

let that sink in

INT: A Nintendo boardroom, a few years ago.
>Sales: The Wii U sold like shit! Why?
>Market Research: No target market.
>Tech: And it was pissweak for a non-casual console.
>Sales: Okay. What do people want to buy?
>Market Research: The market for powerful home consoles is good, PS4/XB1 are hot. And the 3DS is still printing money; people like good handhelds.
>Retard CEO: I've got it! We do both in one! Build me something that's too big to be a comfortable handheld but too weak to compete with the PS4. Make sure it's too expensive for parents to be comfortable with kids taking it outside, thereby negating most of its purpose, and make sure no third party can feasibly port its 2017 games to it so that no teens or adults will want to touch it. Oh, I almost forgot! Make sure it disassembles into a hodgepodge of cumbersome parts so that devs can't target a standard experience.
>Techs: Yes sir.

neither display port or hdmi support 4k 240hz so you can fuck off with that. Phones play mobile games. Show me a phone running a game at the scale of breath of the wild.

paying $360 to play zelda is fucking retarded

there are literally no games except for that on the system. I know it gets memed about the ps3/ps4 but at least you could play stuff like assassin's creed and battlefield when those came out

None of that shit you just spewed makes a game good.

let that sink in

oh no, I have 20 minutes of sitting here doing nothing, better stare at the wall.

it will, nintendo overpriced shit like this all the goddamn time.

Nope, Intel is the only company that I allow to milk me.

kek

If I can actually find somewhere selling them, I'll get one ASAP. I don't want to play Zelda on the WiiU because I hear it has awful framerate issues. Unfortunately, I can't find them anywhere, everyone's already sold out. I also plan on getting the Pro Controller because it looks like Nintendo finally pulled their heads out of their asses and put together a decent controller for the first time since the Wii Classic Pro. I'll probably keep it on stock firmware and wait for a hack. The main attraction of the switch is the ability to use it as a mobile gaming device, and I sure as hell am not going to fall for Nintendo's e-shop jew tactics. If they allow a mechanism to transfer titles from the 3DS, I would be really happy, because then I wouldn't even NEED to hack anything.

I heard the dock is a fucking joke and is essentially just a charger and USB-C to HDMI adapter that costs $70. The switch simply detects it's been plugged into something and switches to a higher resolution/clock speed.

>assassin's creed
>battlefield
My fucking sides. You people and your shit taste.

You could read a book, informative magazine or newspaper, but you need your Super Mario because you are a manchild.

They're porting Skyrim to the switch too, so now you can get your waifus and lore on while you are taking a shit! Not to mention Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be coming out not too long after Zelda.

both are also on the pc.
Nintendo will have a new mario game, which the 3d ones not 2d, have always been will worth playing.
Will have splatoon, a game that really came out of nowhere and is worth playing just because its something different in the shooter genre
Then you have mario kart, and nothing has really been like it and since the ps2 nothing has tried to be like it either.
Likely a fire emblem game,
Likely another 2d mario game
And probably at least one good zelda game

And then you have the more first party gimmick games like that one boxing thing they showed off that looks kinda fun.

to be honest, everything they showed of zelda looks fucking horrible so far, its the worst of the games they showed off.

This is not a year one purchase unless someone puts out a sub 100$ way to pirate games on it.

Likely get one on year 2 when the releases ramp up because all teams are focused on it.

Of course not but do you really want pixelated graphics on your 4K TV? Doesn't that hurt your eyes?

Why would I want to try and read something in a noisy public place where I won't be able to put my full attention into it when I can just pull out a game and kill a few minutes? They're both equally fruitless endeavors you just like to pretend that you have an air of sophistication about you because you read books in public so people can see you read.

Read a book, sure, let me go back in time to when there were book stores everywhere and not buy it on your smart phones/tablet/ereader

magazines, honestly shocked they still exist, but here, let me tell you my trip to the emergency room a few weeks back.
>Brother is retarded
>Brother hurts himself
>Go to emergency room to make sure he is fine
>All magazines are women's health or cosmo
>Nothing is from this decade I shit you not
>1 hour and 20 minutes of staring at a wall or reading 10 things you never knew about yeast infections.
>Hello wall, we will be well acquainted by the time I leave

or wait, wait, lets see here, a news paper... what in the actual fuck use is that? If shit goes down I get to read about it 1-3 days later from a heavily biased opinion rather then read it online... fantastic.

And for game choice, let me break this down

A mario like game if the wait is short, think something like a subway ride that I also want to be aware of my surroundings

A jrpg or something equally time killy for anything where I know damn well a 20+ minute wait is looking down on me, maybe a puzzle game like ghost trick or something.

Just because you are just fine with pissing away what little time you have left because you are afraid of what strangers opinions of you are doesn't mean I need to also piss my time way not having fun.

>Read a book, sure, let me go back in time to when there were book stores everywhere and not buy it on your smart phones/tablet/ereader

Are you aware that ebooks are books and that the medium doesn't matter? People don't read books to feel dead trees in their fingers.

>720p 30fps games
How long does cucktendo have Sup Forums?

Once it has netflix and amazon prime video apps, probably.

I don't know. I'd really like to play nintendo exclusives but I already have a ps4 that I barley play. It would probably be just as a waste of money.

What are some good tech related hobbies that aren't video games? I need something to do. Is programming hard to learn?