Who fell for the ThinkPad meme here?

Who fell for the ThinkPad meme here?

be me, buy t530
>shit battery life
>shit performance
>shit screen
>unnecessarily thick and bulky with no reason to be
but its got a magnesium rollcage™ Trackpoint™ and ThinkLight™

I'm sorry but these benefits are actually shit, all the things people actually value in a laptop aren't present.

>muh build quality

My t520 creaks and groans every time I put my hands down on the palm rest to type. Honestly it's total shit.

>Buying anything newer than the T420
You can't say you fell for the meme when you didn't even do it right

This.

Could be worse but at least I don't regret this one bit. Just some minor downsides though ; weighs like a brick for scrawny-skinny-fag like me, lacks 1080p FHD screen/resolution but at least this resolution is bigger and better than 1366 x 768 which I finally moved away from thanks to this ChinkPad. Also finally switched and moved me away from HP and AMD.

Oh and I dropped $160 on this through/from Craigslist niggers, they were actually niggers.

What's the point of a laptop? I bought one and it never left my desk, so I returned it and bought a desktop instead. Much happier. Laptops are for normies and studentfags.

for work. You don't want to use your PC while trying to figure out why that PLC in remote building is not responding.

What do you mean?

is this bait or are you actually this much of a NEET

He means newer thinkpads are garbage compared to stuff like the T410/20, X200/01/20/30 (t) and the W series

the t520 is essentially the same machine with an objectively better keyboard layout..... still a shit laptop

I just bought a refurbished T520 and the seller does not accept returns. Hold me, Sup Forums.

All hope is not lost my friend, you could have bought a t420 which have far far far worse screens.

>>unnecessarily thick and bulky with no reason to be
Doesn't change with a purchase of an older model.

I dunno, OP. The T450s looks and sounds pretty sweet.

>flexibility is bad
>I want something sturdy to break more easily when it drops.

I did. Chinks are collecting all data from my home network.

>shit battery life
get a new battery, or 5 of them. they're replaceable
>shit performance
what are your expectations from a laptop? 3rd gen mobile i5/i7 ain't no slouch. newer ulv chips are't much faster
>shit screen
true. they're otherwise solid business laptops that sell for $150~. it up to you to decide if you're willing to make that compromise
don't be a little bitch, or buy a smaller one

Bought the T430
Literally best meme I've fallen for
Thank you based Sup Forums

Bought a T510 a few years ago from an official refurbisher with the best processor for the model (i7 turbo to 3.3Ghz) and the dedicated GPU. Stuck in an SSD.
Battery lasts 3-4 hours. Build quality and keyboard is absolutely phenomenal.

>t. manlet

Chiclets a shit
Mod it

>mfw people still haven't figured out this meme
>mfw people still dont realize why these go for $200 used

You better shut up

Shitty battery life is really the only fault I can find with my T530.

Webcam and screen could be better but holy shit the microphone keyboard palm wrests buttons and track pad are all 10/10.

Here.
>really good battery
>really fast
>doesn't get hot even after long hours of gayming or work
>lovely keyboard (even the new keyboards feels nice)

I just learned how to use the trackpoint properly, and now I do everything with the trackpoint.
The only meme I have to thank Sup Forums for made me fell.
Pretty much this.

Did it have a power-on password you needed to bypass?

I guess i'm lucky i managed to get one of the early FHD mods for the T420 without the flickering issue.

also
>2640m at 55c
wut

after using a laptop with a decent screen, I will never be able to go back to shitty tn garbage

it's like going from a shit mobile 20 year old hyundai to a top of the line lexus, you just can't go back

>putting your laptop into a wildlife toilet
lol

>My specific, perfect, entirely infallible brand of ThinkPad has never been tried

those ssds are worth more than twice the price of the laptop

We had this thread yesterday

What the fuck do people expect from buying a old used $200 laptop?

W520 here, this thing is great.

bought a W510
>shit screen
>shit battery life
both of those I can fix by adding to it. Does anyone have experience with the slice batteries on a W series?

They're all NEET neckbeards. They can't afford a mac, plain and simple.

The morons from /r9k/ and Sup Forums are outwardly and openly proud of their failure in life of being a NEET.

This is Sup Forums, not facebook

I'm a neet and I spent my neet monies on an iMac a couple of days ago. Best user experience I've ever had.

>not just building a hackintosh

Got a X250 recently and it is perfect for my needs. I will upgrade to 16gb RAM and IPS 1080p panel as soon as possible.

>spending hundreds of dollars upgrading your shitty thinkbricks instead of buying a better laptop

4-6 hours on my W500 with a T9500 cpu, newer modelsshould have better battery performance. Install TLP if you're using Linux and set CPU to lowest speed in BIOS when not plugged in.

I bought a x220t for $150. Worst $150 I spent. completely useless. I wish I bought a cheapo Acer chromebook instead.

FWIW, when it comes down to basic usefulness on a daily fucking basis, i wouldn't ever want to use a laptop that didn't have a clitmouse or built-in light.

look at that piece of shit
how could you have possibly thought buying that thing was a good idea?

That thing is kickass

it's the worst of all worlds

>I'd rather buy a literal botnet PC than the black beauty that is the x220 series

If you don't want a bad spec just choose the right config for you, there is a thinkpad for any config

What's with all these thicc, healthy at every size chinkbook lovers?

Where my Gen 4 X1 Carbon owners at?

Then you fucked up on your own. Just buy a replacement battery and you'll be good to go

>muh specs

Do you fags even go out with your laptops? When you are carrying your laptop everywhere with you the only thing you will care about is battery life and weight. When you are not doing shit like gaming then specs are pointless. You don't need some i5 to web browse when a cheap celeron can do it just fine and also provide excellent battery with its low power. This is why chromebooks are so successful and your thinkpads are just Sup Forums memes.

next you're going to tell me a Macbook™ 2016 with Retina Display™ is a superior machine.

p.s macs are actually decent but I have a fetish for retro asian technology in all of its black/beige glory..

They need their laptops to reflect their own body mass.

None, nor no BIOS password either.

>klm
What the fuck is that keyboard layout?

I just drunk-bought a t60. Can I still use this for anything? What did I do?

Unless you use your laptop for shitposting only, I'm afraid you're fucked.

>50hz
Is this a fucking pal super nintendo game?

Also, clean and replace tim

I thought the same thing

Install Linux on it, preferably xubuntu or gentoo

Damn. What is the point of this meme?

(Is this man rusing me?)

My guess is that Thinkpads are shit that are shilled by NEETs and poorfags. I still have not been proven wrong.

With the improvements to LED lighting, they should be bringing back the thinklight as an adjustable LED light strip built into the bezel. The only issue I have with the older ones are the intensity of the light and the poor angle.

Upgrade to 64 bit CPU ($4-12), swap in SSD ($40-100), get a new 9 cell ($50-80), new wifi card (atheros or intel 5300[?] for $10-20), 3gb of RAM ($20), new screen ($200), libreboot (priceless).
It's good as new, avoiding modern JS heavy sites. I personally left out the screen and am enjoying content as it was meant to be consumed quite immensely.

not the original poster but, its a power saving technique through intel's graphics drivers that can be disabled

>intensity
too high or too low? personally i think the intensity and angle are both just right (T410). not too bright with dim ambient light, in total or near total darkness, it illuminates a small area around the computer, together with the backlit screen, creates enough plenty of ambient light in the immediate vicinity.

I have a W530 and find it too low. Even in an entirely dark room I have problems reading anything that's not directly under it, meaning that an A4 sized paper is only illuminated to the tune of the top 40% and minus the corners. Effectively setting the brightness to 70%+ is a better option for reading. An additional 40% brightness boost would be my ideal, as the keyboard is already backlit at 2 different levels.

roasted

>chiclet
mod it pls user

It's big, it's black, ofc Sup Forums loves it

DELET

>Who fell for the ThinkPad meme here?
Me desu.

>t530
>buying a new thinkpad
What is this your first day? Only older Thinkpads should be considered.

>not getting an easy as fuck engineering degree to get an easy as fuck $160k/yr job

You were fed some extreme misinformation when you were younger, my friend.

>C H I N K P A D S

More like, I want something sturdy so it won't break like a piece of shit chinktop.

Mine has the house fire first gen i7 which just eats battery. I'm lucky to get two hours out of it just browsing 4chins

What are the actual differences between a T420 and T430?

>not buying x61s master race
Don't like cool erectable antennas user? Nothing triggers SJWs like a Thinkpad with an erection.

>house fire
LOL XD UPBOATED!

One's 1% faster and gets 1% less battery life.

The only difference is the keyboard which can be swapped out for a T420 keyboard, so the T530 is actually superior in every single metric to a T520.

Calm down you fucking child no one here disputes the W510 having battery life problems because of the cpu. That's why, among other reasons people always recommend the W520 over it

T430 has a much better iGPU, and USB3 ports. Much higher ram clock is also supported which can push the iGPU even further.

That's it really, since you can use the T420 keyboard and old batteries in a T430 with some modding the big differences are moot.

Oh, I bought a T430 and started seeing posts how anything other than a T420 was a meme and was close to killing myself, thanks for the reassurance

Ivy Bridge also has a lot more options than Sandy Bridge does for quad core i7s if you want to drop one in later

you made the right choice you can even fit the t420 keyboard onto the t430.... and its 99% functional. There is literally no reason to buy a t420 anymore.

>people always recommend the W520 over it
People recommend the T60 over it you mean.

>a mac
We loved them when they didn't have chicklet keyboards user.

I'm very glad to have fallen for the ThinkPad meme. Installed Ubuntu and been good ever since.

>C H I C K L E T B O A R D
reeeeeeeeeeee

>shit battery life
The battery is likely as old as the machine itself and worn and degraded. Only in the past few years have manufacturers started to really care about battery life. Also a 15.6" screen will eat your battery life rather fast and T-series are not that portability-oriented. You should have done your research before you bought.

>shit performance
No. On-par with most modern machines. Go look up benchmarks yourself.

>shit screen
Possibly. Depends on what particular screen you have. Both good and bad options exist. Again, do your research before you buy.

Nope. Not really. Compare it with similarly laptops of its generation. They were all bulky compared to modern machines.

But yeah, ThinkLight is a rather useless gimmick.

tfw OP is bait...

>T-series are not that portability-oriented
So you're left with the dim 5-hour-on6-cell X series with the tiny ass screen? Wow. Thinkpads all the way.

>15"
>not a new W/P
>not just going legacy X2** for best durability/looks/cooling at a low price
P50 here, you've been diddled again. No fault of the meme that you're an impulse-buyer; you chose arguably one of the weakest T-series machines ever, and it probably has a shitty TN panel.

>5 hours
I get 10 on my ancient X40...

>changs imply that we don't buy new batteries
New batteries are cromulent user.