I don't know

Can you repeat the question?

Maybe

It will, if you set everything up correctly

It won't, even if you set everything up correctly

It will, if you set everything up incorrectly

if you're not using linux probably

It will, if it doesn't.

epig thread. going straight to /r/Sup Forums.

same broadcast domain, if both the pc and the printer are in the same ip subnet, then yes, it will print.

> install gentoo

It wasn't a meme

is the PC running a DHCP server? If it does it will work.

Cut the ethernte between the two switched and use two wifi dongles instead

assuming they use static IPs, it will.

i still cant believe i can send my printer an email and itll print. that shit is insane.

Lol this, depends on the printers mood

My brother MFC 9340CDW runs more services than all of Google combined. Built in FTPd, sambad, avahid, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WINS, dhcpd, and its own CUPS server. I bet it also has a torrent client. That's just the shit nmap tells me about. I could do all of my personal computing on that printer.

>neo Sup Forums the thread

OP fucked up, he should have said "this won't work, prove me wrong"

What do you type into the contact field?

It will print. Use static IP's that are on the same subnet and you are good to go. Add the printer to your PC via IP address. Assuming you have the correct printer drivers, voila. Prove me wrong fellows.

No, both the PC and the printer do not have an IP address (the PC might use APIPA but the printer won't).

wait a sec r u tryin to trick me again dolan

wat

My name is Lenny...

OP appreciates you doing his homework

Of course, all the same subnet.

>trusting a black box that runs more services you can find out about to sit on your home network and connect to your computers
Isn't it incredibly cheeky of them to call it "Brother"?

forgot pic

Yes, since the zeroconf thing (DHCP) will just throw random address to the devices and work.

>dongles
When will this meme die?

just make up an example, you don't need to post the real imformation

[email protected]

Why wouldn't it?

>No Fixed IP's
>No DHCP

Nope.

most non shitty ethernet printers should allow you set a static IP for it to work, no need of DHCP.

If you dont know your "network" parameters, well, thats another issue for other threag I guess

I made this thread in hopes of some answers.

But this turned out more like a troll thread.

I have an unmanaged switch in my basement. But I only have 1 ethernet cable coming out at my office.

I'm wondering if I should buy another unmanaged switch to be able to connect multiple computers in the office. But will I be able to print from a computer that's connected directly in the basement?

How would I set that up when I set up a printer. How will the PC find that printer?

The hardware.

The printer is the newest EPSON WorkForce 3640.

The switches are just TrendNET unmanaged switches.

Nigga, it might.

WHY would it not work.

So I'm researching how to connect a printer through 2 switches.

youtube.com/watch?v=cB3FITghQm4

It now says I need a crossover cable?

Wtf?

Why don't you just connect to the printer through wifi...all these switches seems so unnecessary.

You should be able to connect. The PC should be able to find it as long as the printer automatically when you print in a application as long as
A) the printer has connected to the network
B) the computer has installed the printer's drivers

sorry about grammar...fuck am drunk

You should be able to connect as long as:
A) the printer has connected to the network
B) the computer has installed the printer's drivers

Crossover cables haven't been relevant for a long time.

You're not the boss of me now.

Oh, good.

No all PCs have Wifi in the house.

And the Wifi connects through a separate router that's connected to the switch.

Not all

that is the question

this is a joke. this thread is a joke. here's your (you)

youtube.com/watch?v=UaXHOvwqIdo

I don't understand.

This. Also, you don't have to fuzz around with crossover cables. They are irrelevant in this day and age (only if are using really old network equipment, like hubs). Just crimp usual cables and you're good to go.

Nathan confirmed for being a wintoddler. You need to just kys for being so dumb. You not only use a Fisher-Price OS but you can't even get a printer working.

Pathetic beyond words. End it all.

>tfw spend hours every week studying cisco stuff and looking at network topographies
>look at OPs pic and start to imagine all the shit you might need to configure if it doesn't work
>remember consumer grade shit comes just werking right out of the box
>o-ok

Is there a router with dhcp server on Tue network? If not you will need to retrieve the Printers IP from the menu of the printer and address it directly after also assigning your PC a static IP.

Is your pc connected to anything else over Lan?

Switches don't have dhcp

yeah cause you cant have subnets without dhcp

/thread

if its the new epson, as long as its connected to the network in some way you still should be able to access it.

mine () is the 3620, and its connected by ethernet to my router, but i can access it via wifi or directly on my desktop which is hooked into my router. i assume that another switch shouldnt really affect it in any way, but then again i am a retard.

The OPs picture is not entirely accurate.

Here is a more accurate representation of my network.

I intend to connect the wifi router with an unmanaged switch hardlined to the main switch in the basement after the modem.

The question is, will I be able to print from the printer in the basement to the epson printer.

Look, if you've got everything on the same subnet and the drivers installed, you should be able to print. Windows makes it piss easy to attach a network printer.

I'm trying to print from PC number 3.

Replace the office router with an unmanaged switch that is directly wired into the unmanaged switch connected to pc 3.

Will it work?

I basically have this in my shopping cart ready to check out.

I already have a 24 port switch in my basement.

I'm wondering if I connect this in my office, if I can print from a computer (PC 3) connected to the switch directly after the modem seen here:
The offie router will be turned into this new unmanaged switch that connects directly into the 24 port switch in the basement.

>DHCP

Do you even know what it does nigger? You can just use static local IPS.

Why wouldnt it.

yea

what meme? he used it normally (his dongle, that is)

>Adblock
>Adblock plus

I've seen this logic before from boomers. They say one isn't enough.