E-readers

I always miss out on these threads, so I'll give it a go

What is the best bang for the buck?

I personally own a Kindle Paperwhite 3, but might want something that would be good to read comics on, what would that be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B2hrrE4u91A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>might want something that would be good to read comics on

Wait a few months youtube.com/watch?v=B2hrrE4u91A

That does sound pretty interesting, but I bet I won't like the price of those

>find my Kindle Keyboard
>charge it overnight
>wake up, screen cracked to hell
What's a good cheap ereader?

What is wrong with your cat m8

It's just a fat Cornish Rex, nothing wrong with him m8

What, it cracked while charging?

What a dirty pussy

>I personally own a Kindle
cuck

Just buy a tablet

Unless someone broke into my house and cracked it while I slept, yes.

Quit being retarded.

here's a small redpill for you from an owner of 6 ereaders, from an L-Book to Kobo H2O, including even Kyobo eReader
>the screen is far grayer than the real book, and when frontlit it's less contrast than both IPS and a book
>crap reading app with horrible typographics, especially on kindles
>no touchscreen lock = you have to hold it awkward
>eyestrain-free is literally a meme for gullible cucks
>pdfs are unreadable unless it's a 10"
>very fragile screen which can break in either hot or cold weather, and it becomes very slow in such conditions

the only pro is a somewhat better battery life (not much since you have to use the frontlight to avoid shadows anyway), maybe also ability to read under direct sunlight without eating the battery in 5 minutes. Also the feel of a physical device and distraction-free reading, but practically speaking, this is almost always ruined by vendors not giving a fuck about typography. Ereaders today are not dedicated book-like devices but mostly browsers for some book store.

>What is the best bang for the buck?
Probably anything by Kobo since it's 3rd party friendly (I'm talking about koreader specificially) and the firmware is less crappy than others. Don't bother with kindles, they won't let you install koreader and generally feel like an amazon browser for socialcucks than a physical book.

*years

>eyestrain-free is literally a meme for gullible cucks
this is pure idiocy tbqh
eystrain is exactly the same as reading a paper book, you might be feeling it more because your eyes are fucked up and you use the backlight all the time

Wait are e-ink readers touchscreen?

99% of newer devices do have the touchscreen, yes. Some also have the buttons.

>Kindle
Get a kobo you pleb

What are the killer features for an alternative reader? I don't see much on the github page for koreader besides the other formats I don't really use. Can you really read comics comfortable? ie without moving the page around on a

Jesus what a fucking ugly cat, Why is it that ugly? Stop doing that to its hair, you faggot.

I'm suppa happy with my nook simple touch. I love that it has physical buttons on both sides so I can use it with gloves. Got it like 3 years ago for peanuts and it's still going stronk

do you get a raggedy cat wit it?

Can we get some more pics of the cat, I like it.

I got a nook for fiction just to cut down on weight and tree murder.

I still get all my reference in paper because as much as I'd love to be able to ctrl-f them I don't trust companies and formats to still be there in 10 years.

What is the best reader for DRM free stuff or text files?

>tablets have shit battery by comparison and anything with a constant refresh rate is inferior.

give your old-ass cat a bath

90% of this post is retarded bullcrap

Isn't this the shit that was supposed to be on the Notion Ink Adam tablet?

Do you have a Kobo Aura HD? Pretty happy with it, could use more power though. It's a bit slow.

>I still get all my reference in paper because as much as I'd love to be able to ctrl-f them I don't trust companies and formats to still be there in 10 year

You wot? You can strip the DRM, pal.

just wait for the patent to run out

Don't they last like 15 or 20 years? How long's eInk been around?