Hey Sup Forumsirls, who's your favorite female computing pioneer?

hey Sup Forumsirls, who's your favorite female computing pioneer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=coGpmA4saEk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The tranny behind libreboot who split from GNU

Oh lord, here goes some more dead-white-male-bashing from some PC-thugs.

>that leftmost woman in the bottom left

>tfw Civ 6 made Ada Lovelace a Great Scientist even though she was a glorified note taker

That three black hotties from recent movie.

> Ada Lovelace
> inventor of the computer
This graph is very inaccurate. Kys, OP

It is pretty bad when an image meant to celebrate the accomplishments of women in STEM can't even get their accomplishments right.

So, are gurls doing similar shit like the "WE WUZ KANGZ" now?

Jeez, if they're gonna be like that, then either leave them alone with their ignorance or BTFO them with real info about it and how men keep on BTFO'ing women in STEM after so many years of women's rights in the 50's (?).

If girls were as smart as men, all STEM majors would have a perfect ratio of men and women.

Go back to Sup Forums faggot. This board stands for gender equality!

Before all the SJW shit happened you got plenty of women going into computing because they were good at it and/or were interested in it. In the 60s and 70s college CS admissions were roughly 50:50 male to female.

They already do when they exclaim, "We create life!"

Programming was once considered womens work, the male engineers who made their jobs possible are the real heroes.

>invented bluetooth after she died

>meanwhile boys think newton is the greatest scientist when all he did was copy leibniz and his mentors

Holy shit.
Nearly everything on that list is wrong.
Ada Lovelace - Created algorithms for Charles Babbage, the ACTUAL inventor of the computer

Hedy Lamarr - Worked with George Anthiel and developed a rudimentary frequency-hopping technique for topredos in WWII.

Top Secret Rosies - You say are the worlds first computer programmers. This is really more of Ada Lovelace. The rosies simply worked on ballistic trajectories and a few went on to work on ENIAC.

Grace Hopper - This is the only one on the list with factual information

Regardless, Ada is my waifu

Literally nothing in that pic is bashing white males, stop getting triggered

>a bunch of memery inflating their accomplishments beyond recognition
And this why I hate leftists and why I fire every single one I detect.

>i don't know what the great calculus feud was actually about

ITT: Sup Forums pretends to be feminists in order to trigger the other dumber and more gullible Sup Forumsesmokers

That graph is VERY inaccurate. the only accurate thing on there is Grace hopper.

>It is pretty bad when an image meant to celebrate the accomplishments of women in STEM can't even get their accomplishments right.
underrated.

>Go back to Sup Forums faggot. This board stands for gender equality!
And apparantly not fact checking

kek. invented wifi after she died too.

this is fact.

Only one user is supporting this and it's an obvious troll.

>tfw Ada will never look down her snobby pretty nose at you and your shitty inefficient algorithms
why even
fucking
live

I wish they'd stop trying to stretch some of these and put less well known accomplished women programmers in. Like put Radia Perlman on there for STP instead. Thats something thats huge and important but nobody ever seems to mention it.

That chart might be slightly inaccurate, but it's hard to argue that women haven't played a pivotal role in the development of computing technology. Marie Curie, Rosa Parks, the list goes on and on-- without these women, socially we wouldn't be advanced enough to get TO the point where men could start inventing computers.
So, who's more important? The inventor, or the people who invented the inventors?

That was the most retarded thing ever. How people like this can run any relevant software project is beyond me.

>invented STP
That's actually pretty impressive regardless of your gender because STP is genius, so yeah, I agree.

>graph

>If girls were as smart as men, all STEM majors would have a perfect ratio of men and women.
Yes, because involvement in STEM is dependent solely on intelligence, and isn't the least bit affected by personal preferences or cultural norms.

Karlie Kloss
>cd
>ls
>cd code

kill it

kill it fire

>Forgetting iconfu

Because that involves actually knowing about computers rather than regurgitating feminist bullshit taught in gender studies.

The craziest thing about that whole scandal is that I personally know the person that was fired. As soon as Leah opened her mouth up and said FSF was discriminating against transgender people I immediately went to go talk to the person who got fired. Was so weird to know someone who just got outed on the internet as some tranny by some so called friend who made a fuss about it all.

This is why we can not have nice things, Sup Forums

When a woman has scholarly inclinations there is usually something wrong with her sexuality. – Friedrich Nietzsche

ya boy nietzche spittin truth since the 19th century

youtube.com/watch?v=coGpmA4saEk

>Ada Lovelace
wow, they were totally like the average normie girl of today. What is more, I bet those reguetton cock ridding whores you can see on a saturday night at your local disco are totally live versions of Ada lovelace

We

radia perlman looks like a nice woman
she invented spanning tree

>literally the first programmer (even though the computer she wrote for only existed in theory)
>realised the tremendous potential of Babbage's Analytical Engine while Babbage himself saw it as nothing more than a fancy calculator
>her notes and musings of the power of the Analytical Engine were used by Turing as inspiration
>"glorified note taker"
Yeah, nah.

That's why the expression "standing on the shoulders of giants" exists.

He wasn't fired moron. People kept cracking jokes, he made drama so they parted ways. You can't just be a fat dude dressing like a woman and expect people not laugh their asses off.

They weren't really programmers.
The software was written by MIT programmers. The work of hand weaving that code into rope memory was done by women, working in factories, who had absolutely no contact with a computer.

Only 2 of those pictures depict women who made a non-trivial contribution to the field of computer science. Hint: Ada's not one of them.

(Also, calling Hedy the 'Inventor' of Wifi is a bit of a stretch, as 'wifi' was not a project of an individual. Still, she made an important and fundamental contribution.

>women
>math

> Be male programmer. Just doing my job.
> Be female programmer. Praise the female sex programmers as idols

grace wins

>invented debugging by asking "what's that burning smell?"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve

>had absolutely no contact with a computer
Which was true even for actual "programmers" too. You'd write your code on punched cards, deliver it to the computer room, and come back the next day for the output printouts.

Those women did the "low level" stuff, but that still falls under programming. Just like today, you have somebody who comes up with the flowcharts and overall program design, and other people who actually write the code.

>Hedy Lamarr invented WiFi and Bluetooth
Not even close...

She did invent frequency-hopping, which made WiFi and BT possible.
She did a lot of other stuff as well. A very singular woman.

>You'd write your code on coding sheets,
Fixed.
Then you'd take the sheets to the punch girl(s) who would give you back your deck of cards - punched and verified.
Then you could take your deck, with any instructions as what tapes you needed mounted etc, to the IT dept and it would be submitted as a batch job overnight. The next day you'd get back your error printout.
Been there, done that - on an IBM Large Systems Implementation course.

This has to be a joke right ? Eric Raymond made GPS.

Not him, but the narrative is that women rock and invented everything, while i guess none of these "facts" are true

Interpreting that as "bashing white males" is a pretty big stretch though.

>She did invent frequency-hopping
But that's wrong

adria richards