Tech only you had

>tech only you had

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.idg.com.au/article/74013/toshiba_launch_new_gigabeat_hdd_music_players/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I took the thing to radioshack to get the battery replaced or something I can't remember and never got it back.

Samsung U2

USB stick and MP3 playing in one.

Site was so cash at 4GB

had better audio than other devices in it's pricerange

black person stole my backpack in milwaukee 4 years ago now. still upset my zune was stolen.

i had this and it was my favourite media player ever to this day

amazing screen, great battery life, spectacular ui, and the zune store was at the time the only good subscription unlimited music streaming/downloading platform

bring it back bill

I had one as well. Recently I've just been using my phone as a music player, but I've been considering buying a dedicated machine.

Samba clip still GOAT? I remember Sup Forums shilling it a while back.

Oh man, I had the black one

Still one of my favourite tech designs ever. So cute!

Isn't the same model but I had a portable Panasonic mini disc recorder.

Oh behalf of black people, I'm sorry.

>Samba clip still GOAT? I remember Sup Forums shilling it a while back.
just buy an HTC one m8 for $110 on ebay and use it as a dedicated player.
its what i do. far better

Yeah I remember being the only person that even knew what the fuck minidiscs were
Loved my player and I would continue to use it now but fuck I have no reason to when everything else I own is just so much easier and better

I only used it for a few months and started using my phone to listen to music instead.

total garbage. ipod beat it in every which way possible.

Not that anyone cares but my shit memory kicked in and I remembered the exact model, it was Sharp not Panasonic.

I think it was like 1 of the only two models they sold at SEARS.

Honest to god, I think that technology is still VERY valid in 2017+. Phones are extremely heavy for jobs like jogging while listening. I had one of those when I jogged for a couple of hours a few years ago while listening to Books.
It was like 50 grams in weight while my phone is like 400 or something?

I want UMPCs to come back.

Never saw another palm pilot except for about 3 or 4, cash register ones don't count. And if I did it was always a palm iii variant and never a visor.

I still have my ZuneHD. I've since gone onto a FiO but I still loved my Zune.

The CueCat was neat, too bad support for it died off quickly.
I used to play various games on mine. I still have it somewhere. PocketPCs were better though.

Ah good ol' MKE

with more audio compression and a shittier interface and no streaming? righto

with the right ROM that's still a usable phone nowadays

SD cards were still really expensive in 2002.

I had 2 visor pros I bought them because at the time they were like $15 on eBay and you could get a ti graphing calculator emulator for them. All the other dumbfucks in my highschool paid $100+ for outdated meme calculators

Yeah I switched to a Sansa B130 several years later

I've got one sitting right in front of me. GPD's coming out with a model without the gaymur bullshit their last one had, can't wait.

Christmas gift. Was actually relatively useful although absurdly limited.

Holy shit son my dad had that EXACT one. I remember fucking around on it for hours. That thing was so cool at the time.

The squeaky one. She's tired but still tries her best.

I frum Milwokee, muvuhfukuh. Dont u be dissimg ma hood, niqkqka

My old 8 gigger still hauls ass.

I have 2 of those. rekt.

>ipod beat it in marketing.

FTFY, Applefag.

Both are correct statements.

Same. This device was better than any smartphone I ever owned. Shame they didn't open it up for app developers

>buttmad plebbitard
go back to that shithole.

>my phone is like 400
Almost an entire pound of phone...
Oh Em Gee I want one, must feel sturdy ass hell.

ye shitty estimation, I know, but you got the point
phones are like 200, those things can be like 40 or 100 max.

wait, is that a GPD?

Holy shit this company is the next big thing!

I think I still have some of those. Had a family member who went absolutely nuts with the Palm Pilots.

Boogie Board

What is it?

i gave mine to my nephew last week.

Heh I have one sumwhere

wouldn't have made a difference, app devs are a joke now

I had a 4GB Zen, then got a refurbished 8GB X-Fi. Zen died, X-Fi still works, use my FiiO M3 primarily though.

If the keyboard's the same it's not fucking worth it.

Wait, THAT PIC YOU POSTED IS THEIR FUCKING NEW ONE?
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
THAT'S GOT LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING PROBLEM WITH THE LAST ONE FIXED
Only fucking UMPC other than the vaio P with a good keyboard.
Fuck I hope that's as small as the last.

QX1 Camera

>APS-C sensor (i.e.-DSLR image quality)
>interchangeable lenses (e-mount)
>pocketable

Still sold, but like 4 years old so not the greatest buy anymore.

>7"
FUCKING FUUUUUCKK
I doubt the keyboard would really work if it where any smaller, so whateves.
Fucking vaio P ++ that shit ain't pocket sized.

I-It's beautiful
relatively powerful littler bugger too, considering the price and size

I'm expecting it to be pocketable, I mean hell I used to carry an 8" tablet in my front pocket.

This little fucker was my first MP3 player.
I also had a Zen Mosaic, and a Zen X-Fi

>pocketable

friend.link before texting was invented. Best shit on the playground

I can pocket a 7", but I'd still like something on the smaller side. Even 6" would be nice. But the size was probably decided because of the keyboard

I've got a 7" netbook, it's practically unusable for typing normally. They should've just made it ~5" and given it a nice thumb keyboard

Nokia N900

Not like jeans or anything, but with the 20mm pancake it goes in a jacket no problem. Especially if you leave the mount on your phone.

Post pics? What model?
Looks like with this one they really stretched the keyboard to cover as much as they can, wonder if it'd make a difference.

Why did they kill the Zune, Sup Forums? I remember I had a smaller Zune and a 30GB and loved the shit out of them and Zune Pass.

It's actually up in another thread Now that I look at it the GPD should be more bearable with that modified key layout

Toshiba Gigabeat mp3 player back in 2005. I had a 60gb version which in 2005 was an incredibly large capacity. It was really nice but had some quirks; the proprietary music software scanned for and detected pirated music (you could get around it though) and would attempt to format the drive if it detected it. Also, besides music it displayed photos. Neato.

It was better than the iPod with regard to music but I can see why it fell behind. iTunes >>>>>>>>>>> whatever garbage Toshiba pushed out as its music manager.

>7" UMPC

You get used to the size. I had this and typed fairly well.

>60GB in 2005
Nigga shit, my ipod mini had 6GB.
Thought the max that iPod's at the time had was 20.
NIGGA THAT'S NOT A VAIO P WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?
>Those sticks
>GPD win lol

My gf had one with All Star, good times.

This little thing was the shit. Really sleek and business card sized. I don't remember what the interface was like on the PC but it was probably trash. Had an FM radio and sound recorder built in which I once used to try and intimidate a high school bully but my friend told me you're not allowed to record someone without their knowledge...

Sony Vaio PCG U101. Paid $2000+ to import. I couldn't upgrade for many many years because nobody made a 7" or smaller PC with a resolution better than 1024x768 until Apple started pushing Retina displays.

>Thought the max that iPod's at the time had was 20.
That's why I loved this thing. Granted it was bulky as fuck (larger than the original iPod) it held so much for the time.

Article from initial release in 2004
pcworld.idg.com.au/article/74013/toshiba_launch_new_gigabeat_hdd_music_players/

>I don't remember what the interface was like on the PC
Fairly certain all Creative stuff was drag and drop. I had a Zen Micro, Zen and Zen Stone Plus and I have no strong recollection of using any Creative software.

They actually predicted the future
It acted literally as a qr code reader

Woops, meant to quote

This is bloody awesome.
Just wonder, why so many people back then put DRMshit into their players when they wheren't selling any music themselves? What did they have to gain?

If it was anything like mine, it was just a USB Mass storage device.
>no cables required
>20 hours on a single AAA battery
Shit was cash.

It's dragon drop, my dad has more of these than one can count

wrong, had that

I wanted one of those so bad. But I had a PDA that played music, so couldn't justify the purchase.

i miss times when phones or tablets didn't look like slab of glass with a battery

That's neither a phone nor a tablet

where ma PDA niggas@?

i know. but i still miss when tech looked cool

Reported underage b&

Caanoo
>USB A port
can play games with m/kb, USB controllers, add Wi-Fi, etc.
>can install Linux (or maybe this one came with it, I dunno, I've had a few emulators)
>SD slot
>touchscreen

Archos with the superior control nipple.

Palm iii but c'mon, everyone had one of these.

God damn. I had one of those. Thanks for reminding me.

webOS is still the best mobile OS to date.

That's an odd way to spell "BB10OS"

I wan going to post this
[click]

>everyone had one of these.

not where I live. I was a rad dude for having a PDA in 2005 in high school.

USB stick players were awesome. Everyone around me went straight from early-gen bulky players to early-gen bulky media phones.

My sister had one of those, I went from an "MP4" player to an iPod

>mfw I figured out how to run games on my dad's PDA
>mfw fully playable Worms game

Still have mine alongside with a AV Dock