Rideables are technology

So what do you guys think of rideables? Especially onewheels, boosted boards, and electric unicycles. No "hoverboards", those things are trash.

Trying to decide whether to order a onewheel or boosted board right now. Boosted board seems better and more practical but onewheel just loooks so interesting.

if you have to state that something is technology
it's not technology

my coworker rides a onewheel for the couple blocks from our parking lot to the office

while he looks like a bit of a doofus on it, it's built like a fucking tank and really easy to ride. if it's practical for you, go for it.

Your mom is my preferred rideable.

Fuck everyone else, I think they're super cool. The only thing holding them back really is batteries. Trying new things is what advancement is all about. Segway tried it a long time ago, but they were too soon, and the product too crude. The devices coming out now are far more refined and elegant, less obtrusive looking.
We're not going to get hoverboards unless someone tries with these first.

Tearing around at 20mpg on one of these would be cool. Anyone that disagrees is a faggot.

just walk you fat fuck

>mpg

Hahaha, you're fucking retarded.

H and G are right next to eachother, nigger.

Learn to skateboard or Rideables have and will always suck.

>implying that makes you any less retarded

I know how to skateboard, but why the fuck would I ride a normal skateboard when a boosted board can do 20mph uphill?

I tried that thing, it's such shit, reviewers are usally unhappy with it aswell. It's heavy as fuck, slow and fucking unstable when riding over stones and leafs.
Get the Boosted board, or any other electronic longboard that is based on classical, reliable longboard trucks and not depending on shitty tilt sensors.

Really? Im surprised to hear that, I've been looking at reviews and everyone seems to love it. The only complaints I've seen are the weight and bulkiness, which is annoying compared to a boosted board which is 10lbs less but doesn't seem that bad. Also it goes 19mph compared to boosteds 22, how is that slow?

Onewheel will make you look like a fucking douche, electronic skateboards are just motorized skateboards, if something breaks they're easy to repair because they rely on basic motors used in electronic helicopters, skateboard hardware and basic batteries. You can actually build your own, Boosted board is actually pretty overpriced, just buy some chink shit version, or buy a chink shit motor set on aliexpess and mount that to your own deck.

I've always been interested in these boosted boards, when I have a little extra I'll probably pick one up.

Wildly unsafe

Electric unicycles are the most effective, despite their steeper learning curve they handle offroad, jumping curbs and other things better.

The motor control hardware is not good enough in the chinese units which can make them a little unsafe. I'm actually making an opensource controller for unicycles and similar things. I'm stuck at the moment due to needing a programmer to help finish the gyro balancing code, all the FOC motor control and hardware is complete. I tried hiring a few freelancers but I can't find any with enough experience with drones or balancing vehicles. I don't know how I can try and get FOSS devs to help with it.

I wanted to get one of this when I was in the UK for commuting but I was told they could break if I used it when raining. How is it?

CPUs are technology.
Now fuck off.

Until they come out with a real hoverboard, I'll stick to cruisers

Friend got a Ninebot for video production. It was pretty fuckin' fun to roll around the cafeteria we were in that afternoon.

... I only fell off once.

They're great as long as you understand the hardware limits. I ride mine up to the shops and other short commutes, 12km/h or so doesn't sound fast but when you consider carrying shopping, hills and anything else making it impractical to move at jogging speed it saves a lot of time.

What would normally require 30 minutes of walking takes 10 minutes instead. You can get 30+km/h models but they're all chinese designed and the motor controllers can't really handle it reliably. You have to wear motorcycle armor as they will inevitably have a fault and throw you off some time.

If you buy a powerful one and just stick to 20km/h or less they're pretty much completely safe. The best branded versions are inmotion and kingsong, the worst ninebot and airwheel. Generic clones are all the same thing inside they can be ok to learn on but only handle riders 80kg or less, they are only worth $300 USD anymore is a scam.