Fake Magsafe 2 Apple Macbook Chargers

Hey all,

I recently purchased a new magsafe 2 60w charger for my mac, and I bought it from a simply mac store, and so they said the chargers are straight from apple and supposed to be genuine.

Took a look at inside the charger on the brick part, and there is no serial number... This obviously raises a red flag as every other one I have seen online and two others in my house all have serial numbers. Also it was making a staticy buzzing noise when plugged into computer so im guessing I got some bullshit third party made charger.

Is the lack of serial # make it obviously fake? I dont imagine apple would stop putting these one between 2012 and 2015.

Wat do?

People mark fake shit as "genuine" all the time. You were duped.

Let me ask you a question, friend. how much did you pay for the charger?

>Apple
Found your problem.

Obviously. But I figured the store was supposed to be only selling authorized apple shit. Although IT makes sense that they would make a killing selling fake chargers at official applestore price

80. Same price you pay directly through apple. going to return obviously

Lol Sup Forums is a shitboard look at all the other threads on here. Fuck off dude. And apple are a bunch of fucks but until me or you reaches the level of power they have there is no room to talk

kek

>and I bought it from a simply mac store
>they said the chargers are straight from apple
>supposed to be genuine.

They are salesman, their job is to tell you whatever you want to hear that will make you buy the product, even if it isn't true, they don't work for you they work for themselves.

You probably got a fake, next time order it from apple.com. Unless you go to an apple store or order it straight from apple there is no way for you to ever know if its fake or real.

post a photo

camera is broke on phone :/ no way to atm. but the one I got with my macbook was from something samsung factory, the new one from delta. and the new one the writing is alot lighter vs my old one which had dark and easy to read writing. and new one lacks a serial number like I said so im guessing its not legit

It's sad to see Simply Mac turn into such a crap comply after being bought by GameStop

*company

go be a sperg somewhere else.

You are a macfag, you exist to be ripped off.
You should be use to it by now.

abandon ship

So if the store is an official one, contact apple and report that store 'yo.

Getting fake ass devices from a store that charges premium on the basis that they are selling only genuine stuff is almost theft.

First of all prepare the dildos this is important.

Second Call/Email Apple tech support with your case.
Tell them where you purchaced the items tell them the flags it raised.
And then ask for a replacement if possible.

And now do whatever.

>Second Call/Email Apple tech support with your case.

It wasn't bought through one of their stores Apple doesn't give a fuck.

>Apple not giving a fuck about a potential lawsuit that would net them more money against a competitor.
That doesn't sound right. That doesn't sound right at all.

Return it and order a cheap knockoff from Aliexpress. They're made in the same factory and literally cost ten bucks to produce.

Try not purchasing apple products in the future, pretty sure this is a case of pebkac

>competitor

Apple gets like 95% of all profit from sales of their product from the third party retailers.

Suing people for all their worth is much more profitable.

That came out wrong what I'm trying to say is that Apple doesn't discount their shit when it's sold to retail and still expects them to sell it at the same price that the Apple store does.

you are still getting it wrong man, its not about discounts, but to tell apple one of the official stores is selling fake power adapters, and at full price nonetheless.

Its not letting some shitty employee getting you in their shitty sidebusiness