AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

zdnet.com/article/linux-flagship-munichs-u-turn-install-windows-10-everywhere-by-end-of-2020/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=InSyFrd9hS0
alternativefuer.de/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2016/05/2016-06-27_afd-grundsatzprogramm_web-version.pdf
heise.de/ix/meldung/Von-Linux-zurueck-zu-Microsoft-Schwarz-Rot-in-Muenchen-will-LiMux-rauswerfen-3621178.html
ru.muenchen.de/pdf/2017/ru-2017-02-09.pdf#page=24
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Krauts confirmed for too stupid to enjoy freedom.

Linuxvirgin BTFO

Where do people use red hat anymore because I haven't seen a linux server in a small/medium business since I started working in IT support 7 years ago

>using the least user friendly OS as a desktop for workers?

It's probably cheaper for a small and medium size business to use Windows. I worked at a large corporation before and they use Linux and Windows.

But W10 will be downlevel in 2020

DELETE THIS

LINUX BEST, WANBLOWS IS TRASH

Will this FINALLY, make linux put their shit togheter and make a user friendly enviroment? Shit exists for fucking ages and you still have to type bulshit commands to do what you could do with a click of a mouse or should happen automatically.

Nah man, Linux will continue to have 242 window managers that suck.

If you read the fucking article you would see the problem wasn't with the OS it was with the lack of updates and vendor support from the likes of SAP. Hardly loonicks fault

Friendly reminder, Microshills probably paid off the Munich council to do this

Lack of support for anything comes from low marketshare, that's defo loonix fault for being user unfriendly so most normies will pick windooz.

LINUX IS SHIT, YOU ARE BTFO'D

almost everyone uses rhel who works at IBM

> A city official said that no matter what organization he talked to within the city, they all explained that their productivity was suffering because of the Linux system that they were using.

>... the idea is generally that Linux setups are cheaper than a Microsoft solution as you do not have to pay licensing fees but what Munich experienced is that Linux was much more expensive. Why is it more expensive? That's because the city had to hire programmers to build out functionality that they needed and then had to pay the staff to maintain the software.

>The city is now in the process of jumping back to a Microsoft solution and is now converting those 9000+ machines back to Windows.

AHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

GNOME 3 already exists

From the user perspective, nobody cares whether it's the kernel, the OS or the third parties. Unusable = unusable.

reddit post

if i make an app called addition that is optimised for single and multicore use and only adds numbers together, defaults to a gui but can be configured to be cli and the gui scales infinitly why would i ever push an upgrade

hahaha linax salty tears!

SUSE MARKETERS ON FULL DAMAGE CONTROL!!!

Damn, I feel bad for linux. Both home users and companies hate them. I mean Munich actually gave linux a shot but is now going to revert back to Microsoft. That's a huge punch in the gut for linux fans.

>Beign this new
The project was kickstarted back in 2003/4 migration took more than 10 years. There were multiple problems with users trying to get used to OpenOffice.
The OpenOffice migration caused huge problems due a massive amount of macros that had to be ported.
I personally don't buy the muh suppliers argument, mostly because of Munich mayor is a proprietary cuck, but I don't believe the savings they reported are properly measured.

>ANY POST CONTAINING SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE IS SHILLING HURR DURR
do you realize how pathetic you sound?

But it's actually true, MS moved theirs offices to Munich when they changed mayors, and he assigned the study to Accenture which is a MS partner. How's this is not shilling in it's purest form?

>implying i care

There are a bunch of cities, villages converted to linux. Ms can't build their memecenter everywhere, where they converted to linux thanks to the media coverage of limux, so in the end, they became the real losers and we got a friendly reminder what is Ms for real.

Mayor was bribed. Everyone knows

>so in the end, they became the real losers and we got a friendly reminder what is Ms for real.

Stay mad.

>implying Linux getting popular with normalshits would be a good thing
>implying Micropajeet can't go fuck themselves

>This level of delusion from Linux fanboys

Friendly reminder that Linux is only free if your time has no value.

MS has been known to do it (not shilling, paying corps who use Linux to move over and giving them free licensing for X years)

It's not like it's bad thing though, MS is allowed to have marketing/PR too - giving away (and even paying) companies to use their software is great exposure.

Look at the OP's story - the fact that we're all discussing this means MS made good on that investment.

>Where do people use red hat anymore
Internet facing services. Linux server share as a whole is down because businesses are getting to the point they only need a server for active directory and other internal services, and can just buy in everything else from a hosted provider. Like, why would any small or medium business run their own mail server? You'd either have to go for a Windows Server solution, which is complete hell. Or go for a Linux solution, which likely means buying more hardware and training/hiring someone to manage it. Much easier to pay a monthly fee to Microsoft or Google and have them deal with it.

Really, the whole IIS+Exchange+Microsoft DNS trifecta is going to fuck off into the cloud and all that will be left are local instances of AD, network shares and group policies. If Office 365 doesn't just kill of those too.

>That's because the city had to hire programmers to build out functionality that they needed and then had to pay the staff to maintain the software.
Must suck being those programmers. Going from full-time employment developing and supporting software written locally by your own city for your own city, to being unemployed while your city uses software from a massive American company that pays Indians to support it.

/thread

Yes, obvious point is obvious.
>the 2014 arrival of a new lord mayor, Dieter Reiter of the Social Democratic Party (SPD), spelled trouble
>"The mayor was against free software from the beginning," said Matthias Kirschner, the president of Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE). "When he was elected, he took pride in getting Microsoft to move their office to Munich [a move that took place last September]. He even gave this study to Accenture, which is a Microsoft partner."

What I want to know is who they paid for Linux in the early 2000's?
>The migration, which involved some 15,000 PCs and a reported cost of over €30m ($32m)

Themselves.

Rolling out a new OS (even a new Windows Version) costs roughly about that much once you consider how many extra contractors you'll need for the rollout and support.
15k PC/40euro an hour is ~54hours per machine total time.

Backuping up userdata, retraining, contingency planning, the actual rollout, extra support required after change, etc - I can see 54 hours there all up.

Actually it's not even that much, since you cost double what you're being paid.

~20 hours per machine once overheads and extra pay for project manager/admin leads/etc are accounted for.

youtube.com/watch?v=InSyFrd9hS0

He will find a work, but he should ask a stylist too.

Who's that semen demon?

This, honestly

There's a hundred million desktop environments and they're all fucking garbage compared to what Windows has since Win7, lacking basic conveniences and overall feeling like you're using Windows 98 again except even worse

It's so fucking dumb that using a plain window manager or even just the terminal in Linux is more enjoyable than trying to use a full desktop environment, best out-of-the-box experience on Linux is definitely a plain WM like i3 since everything just werks and keyboard shortcuts all make sense instead of being assbackwards like XFeces Ctrl+Shift+Alt+PgDown+F12+Return to open a fucking application menu. Not to mention those 1 pixel wide window borders that you can never fucking grab to resize a window or lack of thumbnail file picker because apparently freetards have no grasp of what basic functionality is.

Every DE requires hours of tweaking to even resemble something a human being would want to use and in the end it doesn't even come close to what Windows or OSX offers. Anybody saying otherwise is lying to themselves.

i bet most of pic related was probably just shitposting to get (You)s

>linux is more user friendly than windows
literally what the fuck
what drugs are you on

Reports like these have been plenty in the past. They were all wrong.-

Such is life when you have an OS that doesn't work out of the box on any machine and requires a lot of fiddling to get it working and whenever you get into problems, you have to make complains online before getting answers. So short sum, linux is only worth your time if your time is worth nothing.

The AfD will put an end to that. They demand the government to be using open-source software.

MS was in Munich before
they were located in Unterschleißheim before opening the new offices in Munich

if you think that's some jewish conspiracy you are retarded

there were multiple problems with linux
1) new employees need further education because Microsoft products like Office are used in education.
2) most enterprise software used by administration is only available for windows and one client isnt enough to get linux versions developed and supported.
3) being the only linux guy in a system full of windows leads to hundreds of small problems. missing drivers for some very specific hardware, incompability with file types etc. created more work than it saved.

in the end, and with some heavy lobying from microsoft of course, munich decided its just not worth it.

first time I hear that
source?

Their party program. Only have it in German.
alternativefuer.de/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2016/05/2016-06-27_afd-grundsatzprogramm_web-version.pdf

thanks
good thing I am German

>Quelloffen
rofl

Not that I expected otherwise, but I doubt the municipal workers will be able to handle windows 10 either

wtf I love nazis now

Ganz Ehrlich, ich werde sie nicht wählen weil sie in vielen Punkten einfach nur lächerlich ist.

Aber ich habe das Parteiprogramm mal überflogen und war überrascht diese Positionen zu finden.

Die Anti-EU-Politik und ihre Umweltpolitik sind absoluter Scheiß, aber jede Partei im Moment hat Punkte, wegen denen man sie nicht wählen kann. Was willst denn sonst wählen? CDU wieder? Die Linken faschos? Die Grünen? Die heuchelnde SPD? Ohne Spaß, die Wahl wird auf jeden Fall enttäuschend. Egal was rauskommt, es wird extrem beschissen.

Besides the real issues that linux has (let's face it, we all love linux, but it is far from perfect), it was mostly idiot administration and stupid worker drones.
And I am 100% sure, their new, improved windows will also fail, because it will certainly not be the winXP with office 97 that the office drones wanted.
In the German articles about it, you often hear
>we could not get the apps we needed
but never any real names, always just abstract. Sure, there are departments in a city that need a certain proprietary app, but most office drones just need office. And those will get even more confused when they will have to adapt that that fancy newfangled ribbon thing in a few years.

also:
>heise.de/ix/meldung/Von-Linux-zurueck-zu-Microsoft-Schwarz-Rot-in-Muenchen-will-LiMux-rauswerfen-3621178.html
I think the key problem is in this German article about their return:
>Demnach soll zunächst ein neuer "Windows-Basis-Client" entwickelt und bis Ende 2020 eine "stadtweit einheitliche Client-Architektur" geschaffen werden.
Translation:
>We will develop a new windows basic client, and roll out a uniform citywide client architecture unitl 2020
Those fuckers don't buy ready solutions, but they have to do everything themselves. As they did with their linux, btw. Instead of buying RH or suse, or using some slightly modified free LTS distro, they too ubuntu 12 LTS or something, and then developed their new distro on that.
So shit is ancient and closed.
And now they repeat the same with their hardware. Instead of buying a truckload of clients with some adaptions to their specs, they are going to fucking "develop" their own hardware, taking 3 years for it.
Fucking retards, wasting my money.

>new employees need further education because Microsoft products like Office are used in education.
Bullshit, everything from primary schools to universities makes their students use Open- or LibreOffice.
>most enterprise software used by administration is only available for windows and one client isnt enough to get linux versions developed and supported.
Not an argument, as you don't need Windows-based administration software if you only use Linux systems.
>being the only linux guy in a system full of windows leads to hundreds of small problems. missing drivers for some very specific hardware, incompability with file types etc. created more work than it saved.
This is only the case if you're some random dumbfuck who decided to install Linux on his workstation. Also the file type incompatibility doesn't matter because pretty much all of the German government and education has been using open file formats like ODF or LaTeX for years.

WTF, I love AfD now!

>captcha:
>Hiltern sheep

wtf ich liebe die AfD jetzt

Wählt die PARTEI, denn sie ist gut!

Ich persönlich plane eine von diesen Spaß- und Protestparteien zu wählen, bin mir allerdings noch nicht sicher, ob ich Die Partei oder die FDP wähle.

>small/medium
maybe because you're a shit admin that works in small/medium businesses?

Meine Negers

Linux is a fucking kernel. Is that hard to understand?

Anyway, Antergos, Manjaro, *buntu, Fedora and Mint are objectively more user friendly than Windows 10.

As a Linux kernel enthusiast, I respect the freedom of others to run whatever OS they want to.

>respecting the right to deny others freedom
that's not very Linux kernel enthusiast-like

>objectively more user friendly than Windows 10.

>Linux is a fucking kernel. Is that hard to understand?
please contain your autism
>objectively more user friendly than Windows 10.
have a (You), you master of baits

Bavaria's not Germany, they are the Americans of Germany. Most German ppl are stupid too tho

>build your own OS ever being useful for productivity ever
Linux is literally a programmer scam to create employment for themselves.

Bavaria is Germany in its purest form

ya they stopped evolving while rest didn't

>install windows
>install sap
>$$$$$

yet it's by far the best part of Germany
makes you think

kek umad? couldn't think of a worse part except east-germany

True
Berlin is a multicultural shithole
Cologne gets raped every day
Wont Talk about the Rest of eastern Germany.
Only Bavaria and Schleswig-Holstein are worthwhile.

you've never been to baden

please, stop sperging around
pretty much
I mean, Baden-Württemberg has real nice regions too
and the cities and regions at the Nordsee are still worthwhile eventhough it gets worth every day

worse*

Kill yourself

>more user friendly than Windows 10.
nice bait motherfucker

>german race upgrades
>refugees find linux absolutely haram
>migrates to kebab

ZorinOS. Back in ZorinOS 9 it looked better than Windows 7 which is the current most beautiful windows UI (inb4 aero sucks meme). Current Zorin doesn't look that good imo but they're still technically in beta so things could change. It has a user friendly interface copying Windows, so if you want something like it, use Zorin.
Other than this there's nothing wrong with generic Linux distros like Ubuntu, Mint or even openSUSE. They look fine, at least when you change Unity's colours to something other than orange which you can do in 10 seconds.

AfD-chan a cute.

Berlin is GOAT you boring dweeb.

Too bad windows has already lost. Only game fags need windows now. The rest of the world is moving to chrome OS.

hipster confirmed
don't you have some reddit blog to keep posted?

wtf I love afd now

>We will develop a new windows basic client, and roll out a uniform citywide client architecture unitl 2020
Ironically, given onecore, that shit should be easier to develop, though.

It is.

>Bullshit, everything from primary schools to universities makes their students use Open- or LibreOffice
What the fuck? The only 2 people who ever used anything other than Windows and its products were the programming professor and some lab professor who used Linux. Everybody else form the shittiest professor to the directors of my uni were and still are using Windows and its products.

>Microsoft corrupts a city council once again

THIS PROVES WINDOWS SUPERIORITY, AMRITE GUYS !!!11!1!

Die Linke (and ödp) asked for the same thing:
ru.muenchen.de/pdf/2017/ru-2017-02-09.pdf#page=24

who gives a shit? linux works for me and i prefer it to using some ugly bastardized version of windows to do what i use linux for. i'm not personally bothered by a city council deciding not to use linux.

t. Amerilard

No. Not even close. You're fucking retarded, Ahmed.

>I'm retarded and assume that the way it works in my country is also the way it works in Germany
t. retard

>Germany