This is the best thing you can do to this device

This is the best thing you can do to this device.

Running that dank 10.12.3 perfectly.

how's the touchpad support?

i know everyone says use the nipple mouse, but what if you don't want to? BetterTouchTool + good trackpad support is one of the bigger reasons why enjoy my macbook so much

if you don't mind the touchpad and it's stable with good battery life and decent performance, that's pretty awesome. i love my older thinkpad and would probably go back to one if I could run macOS on it.

at the end of the day your laptop still smells like cum

two finger scrolling is the only gesture that works. but other than that, you can actually map three finger swipes as it is detected.

How'd you do it? Did you use a distro?

no. it's pure installation with clover bootloader

interesting. i might pick up a thinkpad to give this a try. i like my macbook's screen, most of its build except for the rather sensitive screen.

my screen had the display coating issue where it causes stains, it's known as Staingate. good news, Apple replaced the entire top half of my laptop for free, even though it was a bit dented on the side and had a lot of superficial scratches on the screen.

i hate it because you can't really put a tempered glass screen protector on it - i think this is how mine got the stains, although it doesn't help that i'm a bit obsessive and would wipe it with a car-style microfiber - probably scratched it.

other than that annoying B.S, i'm pretty happy with the computer, especially the build quality and the rest of the OS. I don't like that I can't repair it like I can with a Thinkpad or desktop computer, but that's the downside. depends on how you feel about it.

Did you use another mac?

another mac is only required to download macos installer and create usb media

not him, but i used a russian mountain lion VM.

Turkish?

Turkish

I agree.

>current year
>not participating in Apple Beta Software Program
>not enjoying that sweet, sweet 10.12.4b2

Can you share the wallpaper?

Might be driver issues.

This is a strangely comfy pic desu. I bet he was a little bit chilly. *warms gwb*

Nice, I did that all the time before I switched machines. T420's OS X "support" is top tier, and I was able to upgrade from 10.9.3 onward, for an entire year. Just as easy as a MacBook, but with the slickness of the 1990's PowerBooks.

There are several ways around this, but they all involve piracy.

is it possible to update the OS when you have hackintosh or are you stuck with that version?

Yes it is, the update gets delivered to you via the App Store and you don't even need to have an Apple ID to get it.

How do you get the mic button. To work?

Here.

It's possible, but big versions (for instance, el capitan update to sierra) tend to break a few things. Normal updates rarely ever break anything.

You dont. It doesnt work under linux either.

Those are some T H I C C hinges user.

Nice dubs,why does it not work? I thought the meme of thinkpad = lots of support especially in linux.

screenshot a wikipedia page
show us how apple's font rendering does on crap resolutions

i had sierra on my x220 and three finger swipe wasn't macbook-like, it was sent to computer as a button. so, no half-swiping to peek different window.

it's not too much of a problem, but it's one of things that make x220 touxhpas on macos kinda worse. other thing is blinking middle mouse button

it's not really required, just use thepiratebay

>perfectly.
False. Stop lying to yourself.

>not even as powerful as a MBP from 5 years ago
kek

Well, better than anything else I can think of, except a real Mac with retina.

What guide did you follow?
Nvidia or intell HD 3000 GPU?
Driver support?

It works under manjaro.

>thinkbrick

no...

Is there anyway to run Mac OS in a live session?

where to obtain a legit VMDI file for VM?

What wifi adapter did you buy?

does the middleclick finally work? only thing keeping me on el crapitan

nice meme XD

comparison, someone should just do this over is /tpg/ though for a better analog

>lower res
>fuckhueg fonts

This isn't a very good comparison, user.

>Running that dank 10.12.3 perfectly.

there is no such thing as a hackintosh running macOS perfectly. it breaks every update and half the features that make macOS even worth it dont work.

you might get a few points at Sup Forums for this shitbuild by people who dont know better but we both know at the end of the day how terrible macOS runs on non apple hardware. sorry bud

>there is no such thing as a hackintosh running macOS perfectly.

True

>it breaks every update

False. Breaks with every update to a major release. That happens maybe once a year if not longer, and you're not supposed to update right away because the first versions of every major release do generally suck some dick. I was running latest el capitan until 10.12.3 came out.

Normal updates don't break the system past sound drivers in very few cases, which can be fixed by running the same tool that you used to install them once again. Which takes maybe 1 minute of your time.

>half the features that make macOS even worth it dont work.

Messages and Facetime don't constitute a 50% of the features. Heck, I would say they don't constitute a 5% of that.

Please do give hackintosh a try so you have a basic understanding of what you're saying.

what are you talking about
imessage and facetime work perfectly on a t420
all you gotta do is replace the wifi card
anyway OP i'd do it just to meme but I cannot be bothered at all

Most people who say hackintosh barely works are:

-People who haven't tried it
-People who have an apple computer and feel in denial
-People who use AMD processors
-People who expect PC hardware that was just released to be supported right away automagically

>Please do give hackintosh a try so you have a basic understanding of what you're saying.

why would I bother with a hackintosh when I have a Mac already? not to mention you suffer even more headaches compared to a linux installation.

anyway, as awesome as OS X is, the latest release is utter ass on older hardware. I'm not sure how old that Thinkpad is, but you would get much, much better performance for your hardware with a linux distro.

hackintoshes might be cool for the first 6-7 months, but the constant headaches are not worth it in the long run.

Been running OS X on a proper Mac since 2006 until I finally switched away to the vastly superior Windows 10. OS X is an incredibly overrated OS, especially since OS X Yosemite. It's not faster anymore, it's not more stable anymore, it's not better looking anymore.

>Please do give hackintosh a try so you have a basic understanding of what you're saying.

Not him, but I did on my T420s. The experience was not good. Half the time the trackpoint didn't work, power management was flakey. Not to mention the difficult, multi-step installation that feels like you're coaxing and forcing the OS to work (which of course was happening) vs. Linux or Windows who try their best to just run on everything.

I have a Macbook Pro now

The only thing you can really reliably do with Thinkpads is change out the hard drive and ram. Some have socketed processors as well. Mods other than that (keyboard swap, hackintosh) are flakey at best.

inb4 "99% of the keys, bro!" I've done the 7-row swap on two machines and went back to the 6 row.

ayyy my dudes

YOU BASTARD
YOU SCUM
THINKPAD HACKINTOSH REEEEE

I have a spare HDD and hard drive caddy for my ultrabay. I have a t420 hd3000.

Can I install OSX on that and switch between Windows and Mac by pulling the caddy?

So are 9 cells for the 230 tablet a thing or no? can't find much through google. I don't even really like it, I just want to get some use out of it and hope for more than 4.5 hour battery life.