What does the nation’s NEET population look like? According to our analysis of the 2015 data on 16-to-29-year-olds...

>What does the nation’s NEET population look like? According to our analysis of the 2015 data on 16-to-29-year-olds, they’re more female than male (57% to 43%), and two-thirds have a high school education or less. Blacks and Hispanics are most likely to be NEETS: 22% of young black people ages 16-29 are neither employed nor in school, versus 16% of young whites. About 20% of young Hispanics are NEET.
How the hell are their more American female neets than American male neets? And why arent more of them on Sup Forums? I mean what do they do? Where all the hispanic and black neets at?

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Other urls found in this thread:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/01/28/us-eu-neet-population/#comments
pewsocialtrends.org/2014/02/20/remittance-map/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/01/28/us-eu-neet-population/#comments

>female neets

you mean housewives/daddys girls

how is this a Sup Forums related thread in any way
fuck off to Sup Forums or /r9k/

In 2014, the most recent year for which data are available, 15.4% of the 15-to-29 population – or roughly 13.4 million young people across the EU – were neither employed nor in school or other training, a rate that has changed little since 2010. As in the U.S., more NEETs were young women (55% of the total) than young men (45%).

Technically neet is exactly what it says on the tin, not employed, in education or training. It doesn't take into social circumstances beyond your relationship to the job market. Your average Sup Forums wizard neet is should probably referred to as something like socially excluded/marginalized/alienated in association with being called a neet.

I'm pretty sure a stay-at-home wife is a NEET.

>mfw when the US doesnt give remittances to Canada
u mad canadians?
pewsocialtrends.org/2014/02/20/remittance-map/

HOW THE HELL DO I GET A NEET GF LADS???

fug, how do i get a qt neet gf?

question: how are there even neets in countries like america or japan without welfare?

vomitus

Most NEETS are nonwhite because whites just look for an excuse to kick out their kids

Because get men to do everything for them and just need to smile at some beta to get him to pay for things.

It's surprising that the numbers aren't higher. Being a woman the NEET life is easy.

>there is at least one neet girl lurking this thread right now

everyone put your cool faces on

>tfw no neet qt to snuggle with and browse Sup Forums together
Is this anyone else's dream? How can it be achieved? ;_;

The NEETs in Bulgaria are 26-40 year old single men living with their parents in peasant villages.
They are less like weeb basement dwellers and more chavs and redneck types.

You can't be unemployed in an urban environment here, we don't have the welfare state UK or USA have.

USA doesn't have a welfare state. Blacks can get SSI and stuff a bit easier but you still have to be disabled and I assume Bulgaria also helps disabled peoples. America has actual homeless people in every city.

why is that guy riding a horse while not wearing pants

He's greek.

>Needing welfare to be a NEET
NEETs actually spend less money than normies do, you can survive on a lot less if you're NEET.

>The U.S. doesn't have a welfare state
We do, you just receive welfare temporaril if you can work otherwise.

so they worked before or get money from their parents then?
>NEETs actually spend less money
yeah i know all about this. i get 1400e every month and after rent and utilities i have no idea how to use it. it saves so much money when none is spent on transportation to work, on eating lunch outside, on alcohol or tobacco, and so on.

Mommy and daddy pays for everything

>America has actual homeless people in every city.

The people who are homeless here are totally hopeless. They are all insane drug addicts and severe alcoholics.
They are the people who used to be kept in mental institutions but the bleeding hearts had those all shut down because they said they were cruel, so now they are just out on the streets.
Any halfway normal person, even if they ended up homeless somehow winds up getting back on their feet pretty quickly.

>They are the people who used to be kept in mental institutions but the bleeding hearts had those all shut down because they said they were cruel, so now they are just out on the streets.

They were though. Asylums were basically prisons except the "patients" had even less rights than actual inmates at the time. 95% of the people subjected to MK-Ultra were asylum patients. You here about stuff that they'd do at the time and the treatment they get now isn't even comparable to how it was back then.

Don't confuse them, most NEETs are White. Also, most Hispanic/ Black NEETs ARE employed, but in the Black market (gangs, drugs, running guns) etc.

lol as if it would be some source of pride for you

Not a source of pride, just a reality

no it definitely has some emotional impact on you otherwise you wouldn't try to pass this fantasies as reality

maybe some latinos but otherwise your claim is just plain absurd

the homeless issue isnt really caused by a lack of welfare

yes it is. finland has zero homeless people. some romani pretend to be homeless in helsinki but literally no finn gives them money

no it isnt. there are options availible to them but they dont want to utilize them. The reason being you need to actually work to get most forms of assistance

ah the free market victim blaming solution

this.

I'm a NEET gril for nearly 2 years now. I do illustration/design freelance work occasionally and work during the summer. I save up that money and it's enough for me to live until the next summer. My house is paid (my parents house but wtv), I help my parents with food and bills and go to the capital (where my friends live) once a month. Those are my only expenses. I don't buy crap I don't need, I don't have subscribe to shit I don't have money for, I don't go out every weekend, I don't smoke or drink, I don't waste any gas because I barely leave my house and when I do I go by bike, and a lot of the food I grow myself (got fruit, vegetables and eggs).

Fortunately I'll start working soon because summer is around the corner and hopefully I'll get a "real job" once I leave this shit country.

>once I leave this shit country.

Self-hater scum.

would you consider having a neet/parttime working bf?
>tfw want to try dating but worried no one will want someone like me

Kek I'm not really portuguese, I wouldn't be here if I had been able to choose. I'm going back to the country I was born and raised in. (PS: I've lived in BR too)

I'm sure you'll find someone who will dig you for who you are. Personally I've liked and nearly started a relationship with a NEET (when I was in uni). It didn't work out but it had nothing to do with his NEET status. If it would work in the long run? Probably not, but I was helping him get out of that state since it made him so unhappy. So maybe instead of worrying about what a gril would think you should make an effort to leave the NEET life for yourself.

I personally hate it. Initially I just wanted to take a gap year to travel - which I did - and think on what to do next (masters, post grad or work) but due to external factors I had to take another year. I enjoy the free time to do as much stuff as I like but I feel like I'm being left behind and want to get on with my own life. It makes you feel useless piece of shit after a while.

>hitting women on an image board
literally

you could get better value from your nationality by selling it to some wealthy chinese or indian (or maybe not they're too racist to consider that)

USA beta

I wasn't even hitting on her, just asking for her honest opinion as a female.

>So maybe instead of worrying about what a gril would think you should make an effort to leave the NEET life for yourself.
I work as a freelance web developer for almost the past year. No fulltime job yet. Before that I was basically a neet shutin for four years after depression and anxiety started hitting me really hard for some reason. Finally after all these years though the loneliness is getting to me. I would like a gf to be affectionate with. Not interested in friends and haven't had any in years, so that's another thing besides the no job that makes me feel like a girl wouldn't want to spend time with me.
>I enjoy the free time to do as much stuff as I like but I feel like I'm being left behind and want to get on with my own life. It makes you feel useless piece of shit after a while.
I know that feel sis

>fug, how do i get a qt neet gf?

>qt
>neet gf

KEK

More like 200lb+ hambeast autist who never showers

Not necessarily. I'm neet and use the time to be relatively fit and hygienic.

Yeah I'm sure, kek.

Going to the gym twice a week to do your lazy fatass routine doesn't count.

Anyone with the motivation to be hygienic and actually look good would have no issue finding a job or otherwise not being a worthless parasite.

>relatively

Guys, really, the news is a trap and the cake a lie.

You're assuming the problem is being lazy and unhygienic and not the immense social anxiety and awkwardness. Being fit doesn't require normal socialization, having a job does.

I'm a NEET and I take care of my body.

I'm a NEET due to my mental health though

>the immense social anxiety and awkwardness

So work on it.

Do you just avoid issues you have and hope they magically go away?(protip: they won't)

Make a plan for yourself and work on problems. Start small but progress regularly and actively. You're just fucking yourself more and more because after several years of being NEET it'll only be harder and harder to get into normal life

>There's no homeless people in Finland
Lad, come on, be somewhat honest.

>In November 2010 there were 17877 single homeless people and 349 homeless families in Finland.

I am. I had a video conference with a client and team member this morning. I'm thinking of joining a meetup group to get back into the groove of normal socialization. Hopefully I can keep improving.

Good lad.

Mental illness is a meme unless you have like schizophrenia.

The issue isn't with all this external shit, it's always your own mindset and attitude towards everything.

There's several million millionaires in the US, they can do it, so why can't you?

Get out there and fucking grind

I know the whole depression/anxiety thing. I felt that a lot from the point I finished uni and until very recently. I've tried pushing that aside to get on with shit since I can't and do not want to use that as an "excuse" for staying like this forever. I hope things go nicely for you and you can start a nicer life user.

Personally I don't care much for relationships. They're not a priority or worry for me at all. I have a small but very close group of friends who I talk to everyday and that's more than enough for me. Also I met someone when travelling (over a year ago) who completely redefined my notion of "liking someone" and long story short If I'm not going to have a relationship with that guy or someone who I like as much (or more than) I like him then I don't really care to have a relationship at all.

I workout everyday and eat mostly food I plant myself. It helps to keep the anxiety away and focus. Also you assume there are no other reasons for one to become a NEET besides those you mentioned, when in reality there are. I'm not excusing myself but I think you should take that into consideration.

Self improvement is a meme

Thanks. Something that has helped is realizing how badly my normal mindset and thoughts were shaped and sabotaged by my family when I was growing up (basically having it hammered into my head how useless I am and will fail at everything). Now the way I think about it is that my normal thoughts are like children that I am taking for a walk and I need to mind them and make sure they're doing the right thing and not just give into them and make sure they don't do something like run into the middle of the street.

Okay Tyler

They're all black single moms who need mo money fo dem programs

>Something that has helped is realizing how badly my normal mindset and thoughts were shaped and sabotaged by my family when I was growing up (basically having it hammered into my head how useless I am and will fail at everything)

Fuck your parents, some really good advice I read a while ago was "Live as though your father is dead"

Make a few concise goals, and focus ALL YOUR ENERGY on furthering those goals. Don't do things if they don't get you closer to your goal.

Want to get rich? Work 14 hours a day, if it's not earning you money it's wasting your time, don't do it.

Cut off your shitty family and friends if they're not improving your life, stop doing pointless activities like browsing Sup Forums, watching CP and other meaningless shit

Anyway I'm out, gotta eat and then head to the gym. Remember: Everyone is responsible for what they have and where they are in life, if you're unhappy it's your fault

Thanks user. Enjoy the squats.

It's funny how even though my case is very different than yours the result is the same. My family is very supportive (despite having a lot of family problems) but since I've always been ahead in school/uni I finished uni 2 years earlier than normal here (I finished with the age lots of people start - 19). I was top of the class in uni too. So I guess I just wanted to take the /right/ steps instead of just "stepping" ahead. I'm too obsessed in doing things the best way I can, but now I don't have path set ahead (aka finished uni, how do I go on). Also Portugal has very few jobs, even less in my area. But I'll be good, I'm moving in August and I'm gonna get shit done.

Again, good luck with the future user. Im gonna go run since the rain has stopped~

Good luck to you too, though personally I love running in the rain

>some really good advice I read a while ago was "Live as though your father is dead"

I wish somebody had told me that as a kid, I wouldn't have lissent tho.

>not going the whole ten yards and killing your father

As a child you know nthing, you can only realice it later and only if you try to analice your past life.

Portugal is better than wherever you are "from".

/r/ing that one pic of normal portuguese qts

Source required

Homeless people in Finland would die in the winter

But yeah, there's definitely a few. Just nothing percentage wise like America.

They aren't homeless then. Like the other American said, they would literally die otherwise. They have most like registered their address as poste restante to get an apartment faster in a place like helsinki with higher demand for housing. Also the statistic could be a year-round figure since few people live the summers in tents or RVs or cottages.

does anyone live in the nice saunas? perhaps the refugees can be houses there :3

I can guarantee you it isn't, at least job wise.
Unfortunately I'm not a plant that can live off of sunlight. But feel free to believe whatever you want.

because the housing need is urgent bidding isn't asked for so for a while cronies and lefty comrades (who have had time to prepare) get the contracts. also some sauna isn't acceptable. after a while the prices go down quite a bit which is a relief

it's a bit outrageous the state doesn't advertise this sort of need to increase supply

Does suicide rates count?