I used a live version of Tails off a USB. Then I plugged the pen drive without turning it off

I used a live version of Tails off a USB. Then I plugged the pen drive without turning it off.

And now it seems like that "grub" or whatever it is called, has erased or displaced my original boot setup (which was a linux/w10 dual boot). I can't do anything but use Tails on my USB, otherwise it won't recognise the former boot setup.

What should I do? Has that grub installed into the flash memory or something like that?

>he fell for the linux meme

Imbecile.
I think you should go to the BIOS and check the boot configuration.

Install gentoo

Safely remove

Change the boot order in your bios your bios pleb

Be more specific.

Already have. But it acts like there is nothing on the internal memory.

I had the EFI file on "trusted" (which was the Linux partition) and the EEMC card contained the w10 partition.

What the fuck is this.

So the first of the list is windows..I don't want to help you. Delete windows and than I'll help you.

Why are you using secure boot?

Reinstall grub from you Linux disk. If you've overwritten it with tails, kill yourself.

I'm using an Acer Cloudbook, followed a guide where Secure boot was needed. It was a pain in the ass to get it working.

I haven't overwritten shit. I tried to install persistent Tails on a second USB but it failed. I plugged the intermediary USB off and then this happened.

>publicly disclosing you use Tails
rip opsec

Turn secure boot off senpai. There is absolutely zero need for it for a personal system, and there's even zero need for it for a company computer.

>I tried to install persistent Tails
>trying to do something that defeats the purpose of the tool you're using and just leaves you with 10 years old software instead

Idiot.

Should've installed gentoo

You accidentally specified the hard drive instead of the second usb. you're wiped mate.

>persistent tails

dumbass tails is meant to be a temporary operating system, why would you do that? defeating the entire purpose. You've wiped your drive. Sucks

>he doesn't main One-Shot Johnny

If he can turn SecureBoot off; the spec says that users can disable it, but i have one cheap HP laptop that has no way to disable it.

I'm sure there are others with that "feature".

OP realized how badly he just fucked up so he just quit replying. Thread's over guys, pack it up