ITT: We pay tribute to man's greatest ally during the cold winter months

Feels good having a comfy 20℃ indoor while it's -50℃ outdoor

>Shitel shills are this desperate

Ah, back in the days this thing worked as a fine space heater.

Not really though. The Pentium 4 had the highest clock speed and was *the* processor to have in the day. The Extreme Edition was unchallenged.

>The Pentium 4 had the highest clock speed and was *the* processor to have in the day. The Extreme Edition was unchallenged.

Um, no, it got it's ass kicked regularly by lower clocked athlons.

oh fuck off

You do not know what warmth is.

>95W

That's shit tier compared to an AMD house fire

95W at 2.67GHz 1.15v

Jesus, I can't get mine higher than 4 GHz stable. I think my board is just pants.

I'm using a P6T SE, one of the cheapest X58 boards available.

P6T Deluxe V2. Doesn't like anything over 200 MHz BCLK and can't get the CPU stable at 200x22 even with 1.35 V.

1.35v isn't that much.

Have you tried
>decreasing uncore multi
>increasing vtt voltage
>adjusting clock skew
>crossflashing bios
>set pcie to 103
>disable spread spectrum

I really can't be arsed sinking more time into it. Uncore is already low, I've tried every VTT voltage in the allowed range, I've cross-flashed the BIOS to prevent throttling. The others I haven't tried.

Well, I needed to push pcie up to 107mhz to post with this 228 bclk.

I have a 3.2 ghz P4 in a desktop replacement laptop. I should use it as a footwarmer.

Salute to my ATi Radeon HD 4850 1GB

My AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB (ref) has done a good job of being a replacement space heater.

INTEL DESIGNED FINAL SOLUTION

True, there hasn't been a more extreme fire danger in my bedroom since

>tfw your phenom ii x4 hits 100 degrees celsius during the summer
Was wondering why I was getting some stutter while playing games. It was throttling. It never did break though and kept on trucking.

I sure love my r9 390 sometimes. A bit of gaming drives the cold out.

>phenom II x4
>2017

POOOOORRRRR

i also have a phenom II x4 overclocked to 3,8ghz since 6 years. its running fine, good enough for my use cases, so why would i waste money. i'll get a new one when this one breaks down, no need to spend money now.

Buy a Ryzen, user!

It's not out yet.

No shit, Sherlock... :^)

The 3.4ghz P4 extreme was being outclassed by the Athlon 64 3400+ (@ 2.2ghz) let alone the FX series.

i've thought ab out that yeah, recently had random restarts but today i opened my rig and found that the mainboard's power cable a bit loose. i hope this was the problem

So anyway, with that being a reason for a new ryzen, i first want to await some good independent tests and hope its not a disaster like bulldozer.