So why do people shit on javascript as a meme language? Look at all the cool js stuff that's coming out

So why do people shit on javascript as a meme language? Look at all the cool js stuff that's coming out.

Other urls found in this thread:

w3techs.com/technologies/details/pl-js/all/all
brainhub.eu/blog/2016/05/30/9-famous-apps-using-node-js/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's only happening because the private sector is trying to turn their front end "code ninjas" into back end engiineers to cut costs. Literally no one does full stack javascript outside of big meme companies and soon to be bankrupt start ups.

>being envy of code moneys getting mad cash for doing nothing
Enjoy accoplishing nothing with your "professional language" and still remain NEET

They don't make "mad cash" though. They end up dragging wages for everyone down and producing vastly inferior products. Javascript should never be used as a back end.

God I fucking hate back end JavaScript

What moron thought it was a good idea to take JavaScript and make back end shit with it?

JavaScript is a nice platform, runs everywhere (if it has a browser, it supports javascript) and runs on a sandbox (you close the browser tab and it's gone).

But Javascript the language is utter shit, no Integers, no types (so you end up using the retarded === compare operatior), terrible debug and IDE support, as the worst implementation of lambdas on any language ever.

Why do you want integers?
Why do you want functioning lambdas?

This. The only people who use lambdas outside of mathematics are just fizzbuzzers who are trying to make their code look more complicated.

>Why do you want integers?
Because I want to do math?
>Why do you want functioning lambdas?
Because I don't hate life?

>Only companies who employ engineers that are too dumb and incapable of staying up to do date don't use full stack javascript/other similar memes

w3techs.com/technologies/details/pl-js/all/all
>alexa.com
>vice.com
>wsj.com

Basically hipsters and pajeets. Don't see any big companies on there though. That's to be expected. They make it but don't use it, which means that they end up controlling their would be competitors.

But they are professional languages, user.

ASP.NET, Coldfusion and J2EE dominate the web.

Pic related. Disregard PHP, only reason it's so high up is due to the massive amount of WordPress shitsites.

brainhub.eu/blog/2016/05/30/9-famous-apps-using-node-js/

NOBODY uses node.js. Look at the graph:

>brainhub.eu/blog/2016/05/30/9-famous-apps-using-node-js/
>apps

Idk about you but I'm making mad money doing embedded stuff.

>uber

Node.js confirmed for meme-tier garbage.

>God I fucking hate back end JavaScript

I just hate back end. Period. Looking at JavaScript for front end, AWS RDS + Lambda for back end.

>TFW there is no back end.

>all these mad back end autists

Because Sup Forums is just contrarian to have something to complain about.

JavaScript is a pretty easy to learn language and that's where people that don't know shit start to come in. So one part of it is elitism.

Another part of it is fairly warranted as JavaScript has some faults that the contrarians will exaggerate and claim that it makes it UNUSABLE. In a real-world scenario though you simply wouldn't fall into JavaScript's potholes if you know what the fuck you're doing. If you're working on a big project with multiple player then yeah, JS' problems will eventually come to light but that's why there's ES6 and TypeScript.

The last part is where JS is quite literally a meme language. Imagine that there are frameworks for frameworks. Bloated libraries for any and everything. People relying on multiple libraries for simple projects because they don't actually know any JS by themselves. All of this just makes JS look like a fucking mess to the outside looking in.

Node.js and MongoDB are pretty comfy. Most of Sup Forums can't even explain why they hate it outside of curry memes and meme arrows and I truly believe most of Sup Forums doesn't even know it. See .

Pajeet language.