How are you liking your Chromebook user?

How are you liking your Chromebook user?

go fuck yourself you google shill

Chromebooks are the very definition of shitty computers.
>Butchered version of linux
>Root access is a bitch
>Everything depends on the internet
>Low storage
>Owned by (((Google)))
>All software either has to be (((Google))) approved or you have to root the shitbox
>Is a fucking meme

Caved and got a macbook instead.

I'm liking it just fine, replaced chrome os with lubuntu and ended up with a decent laptop with a 9 hour battery life

I liked until someone stole mine

I'd get one but I heard you need internet to even access basic stuff like excel

I'm waiting for more information on the acer spin 11

>convertible
>stylus

might just sell my old laptop and tablet and get one of those if they are decent

Not really true. You can access excel just fine and it will save the stuff for later upload, once you are connected again.
Where you will have a problem though is if you want to access old excel sheets that you didn't explicitly make available for offline use because it stores everything online

Currently have a Lenovo n22. It's ok, the performance is great for what I paid for it, but the screen is so awful I hate using it. I ordered a Samsung Chromebook plus and am super excited for it to arrive.

Chromebooks are designed for normies and for k-12 schools. Neither of those markets want what you listed. You can fairly easily install another Linux distribution if you want. At worst, they're just Linux computers that come with small hard drives and are slightly cheaper because a windows license doesn't drive up the cost.

You can use Android office apps while offline on Chromebooks with Android apps.

uhhh, obviously not excel, but their excel clone

in flames

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Kek

It's great. the one you posted is shit however. Only problem is low storage and now with lagdroid I'm wanting more ram. Oh well

I don't even use crouton these days because of lag and what not. Suggest you all look into chromebrew :)

why not just install a linux distro and dump chrome os at that point?

I like the battery life and the touchscreen, sound, touchpad working properly at all times. I only use vim, irssi and ssh on it anyway. If I want to do something serious I use a different device

I assume they brought it back after seeing it was a Chromebook.

My mom just bought one and she loves it.

They really are nice for the cost.i think i might buy one too they make a goof shit posting machine.

That makes sense. i've never had a problem with anything but sound on mine, battery life still lasts forever though

mine got a toshiba 2.
pretty much perfect for her, she can't into PCs anyway so she has a thin device that is completely silent and has an IPS screen yet will never even miss the slashed features

Not anymore. Google is basically turning it into Android now.

I want to buy one for my mom but she needs it for Microsoft excel and word for work. Can Chromebooks do that?

Slow as fuck though.

>first read about mine getting the appstore over a year ago
>there's still not even a rough estimate on when it might arrive

At this point I am honestly not sure they will actually bring it to the older devices, looks more like they ran into problems and will now just hope that everyone eventually forgets about their promise or doesn't care anymore because they got a more recent one

I think i might get that new acer 14 inch.

It does google docs and google sheets for sure, i'm pretty sure there's Word & Excel online apps too

Update this week released it for a whole bunch of laptops. DESU I hope it doesn't get onto mine, everything I use has a webapp or Chrome Store app and worst case scenario is I RDP into my windows desktop and work from there. Lagdroid integration is just going to make what is the perfect netbook OS into Windows 2 Electric Boogaloo

>DESU

As an IT person they are great and easy to manage. I'd never want to use one personally.

Bought an HP Chromebook 11 (G1) back in 2013 and it's still doing pretty good. It's actually performing better than it was when I first got it. There are still a few hiccups here and there (i.e. the Files app is horribly glitchy and slow, I can't seem to close the lid without completely shutting it down anymore [which is not a problem I've seen on other, newer Chromebooks. I basically have to lock the computer before closing the lid in order to put it to sleep], and sometimes listening to music can sometimes be interrupted by 3-second-long gaps of silence when you push the machine to its limits) but these problems don't appear very often so other than that it's just nice.

8/10

This hasn't been the case since 2011. Google Drive works excellently offline; you don't even need the Android app or anything. You can write, edit and delete documents, spreadsheets, forms and presentations totally offline and the Chromebook will just sync it in the background the next time you're connected to the internet. Pretty painless.

You can even use Microsoft Office which is pretty cool.

I miss mine a lot, my laptop recently died and I'm probably going to replace it with another Cr-48

Just inquired about the hinges on one on eBay (reason mine's out of commission, it's a pretty common issue with these), if the seller says they're sturdy I'm picking it up.

>tfw Chrome OS tablets never happened

There are ChromeOS convertibles that can be used in tablet mode.

Those aren't tablets though.

What is the best Chromebook under $250 that can have a Linux distro installed on it?
I was thinking of the acer c720 ($235 on Amazon) and using gallium os on it.
Is there anything better than that for around the same price?

only use is being easily controlled and monitored via google for educational institutions

A glorified internet booth. Cannot do shiet on that.

Converted my Chromebook to Lubuntu yesterday, after GalliumOS was unusably slow. feels like a new machine.

bit of a pain to get sound working, but there are some helpful forum posts around.

getting superb battery life and with the fanless design its perfect for shitposting from bed.

what kind of battery were you getting on chrome os and how is it now on lubuntu?
I'm about to buy a chromebook and put gallium os on it also.

got at least 8-9 hours on my cb3-111 on chrome os, pretty much the same on lubuntu now.

Absolute garbage

what did you do to make gallium slow?

It's close enough.

I use gallium on a c720 myself. It's great. Picked up the 4 gb ram one for $75. Best purchase ever.

I absolutely cannot wait to become /Samsung Chromebook Pro masterrace/

>surface book
>more than double the apps
>less than half the price
>keyboard included

>probably won't be available in my country
>and if it will it will be with a markup of +100€ at least

I would really like a convertible with a stylus, then I could ditch my shitposting station and my tablet

Thanks for the confirmation. I was looking at that exact one.
Does the touchscreen work? I didn't even realize the 4gb had one, but apparently it does.