/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
[YouTube] Watch Movements: "How a Watch Works" 1949 Hamilton Watch Co 20min (embed)

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE (embed)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ
amazon.com/Seiko-SNK809-Automatic-Stainless-Canvas/dp/B002SSUQFG
creationwatches.com/products/search/results.html?search_in_description=1&keyword=skx013
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thinking about buying an everest prs-25...

Fuck, I'm retarded.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

>GREAT BRITAIN
I dunno, doesn't 14.5mm seem thick for a time-only 9015?

Finally a watch for adults without any bullshit meme stickers or writings on the cypher sheet.

Why would anyone ever care where the fucking watch was made when he wants to know the time?
Why would anyone ever would know the brand of the watch if he wishes to know the time?
>"Wait a minute, just refueled my AMG Mercedes, let me check what time it is. Oh! It says it's 50m water proof on the front! Nearly forgot about that again! Thank god my watch just told me."

Fucking retarded.
And the wealthy nigger cattle still buys all that memery with "rolex" or "breitling" enblem on it.
Why not also write "TURBO" or "HYPER HYPER" on it while you're at it.

>Wearing a blatant Rolex "hommage"
Not even once

I totally agree, i would actually like Rolex more if they had no logo on the face

I've thought about buying a rolex subby and putting in a blank dial

Just a watch. I don't like numerals or numbers

why not

it shows you are not trying to wear a fake rolex (as in "LOOK AT MY ROLEX IT COST FIVE GRAND") and just like the way it looks

i think the domed acrylic crystal makes it thiccer than it actually is.

But yea, I kinda want an explorer homage watch. Thinking of just buying a seiko 5 or something. But the 7s26 is a deal breaker for me. I need hacking and hand-winding function.

i like it

too big, not good looking

>too big

for you

Nope, this however is.

Why when you can but this Chinese knockoff here for only $60?

for an "explorer" it is, also the dial and hands are just ugly

because then i would still get rolex quality

You have to be 18 or older to post on Sup Forums.

Looking for a cheap automatic mechanical watch? Heard Vostok is really good but I dont know which model.

Vostok is not that great, it's a Sup Forums meme watch

get a seiko 5

which one there are so many.

whichever you like the looks of best

amazon.com/Seiko-SNK809-Automatic-Stainless-Canvas/dp/B002SSUQFG

>being this much of a contrarian faggot hipster that you would want a rolex that doesn't say rolex

>>being this much of a contrarian faggot hipster that you would want a rolex that doesn't say rolex

mad?

>seiko master race dropping in

My nigga.

Is there any good digital wristwatch that is metal all the way through? It can't be much larger than a F91W either.

if it's metal all the way through how do you read the display?

I meant the casing should be all metal, unlike Casio's models which are apparently metal plated now.

Gear S3 and I have them all

PW3001 it's a boutique the same size as a square G-Shock.

>PW3001
I've been recommended this before, but it looks a bit large.

>a boutique
*about

Here's a size comparison with an F -91W.

See

I meant that it seems a bit thick, should have written that more clearly.

It's about average for a steel case watch I'd say. It fits under a shirt cuff no problem. I'd say because it's very 'flat' it wears thinner than it is.

How much of a bitch is bezel insert replacement? I have an skx031j that the person who refurbed it never secured the bezel insert on. I may grab pic related and throw it in there in the next few weeks when I get paid.

I see, I guess I'll consider it then. How does it compare to the Casio F-91W in more technical aspects? Like, does the battery last long, does it keep time well, and is it simple to set the time?

Also, how wide is the strap?

Oh, by the way, does it use a standard battery like a CR3032?

It's easy as fuck. If you can change a strap you can swap a bezel insert.

Are there modern digital watches with only text in Cyrillic? I think it looks really cool, but Soviet watches must be really unreliable at this point since they have a quite a few years on their back.

The battery is probably 3-5 years, I dunno what type as I haven't changed it yet.

It keeps time as well as any digital watch. And is as easy to set as any other digital watch.

It has a 20mm lug width, it comes with a rubber strap but I swapped for a Strapcode super engineer that cost more than the watch.

>I dunno what type as I haven't changed it yet.
I just noticed on the Amazon page that "Batteries: 1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required". This is a deal breaker for me, I really want to use standard batteries, just in case.

Also as for features it's about the same as G-Shocks.
>Chronograph
>World time
>Timer
>Alarm

Only acceptable option

I think it uses a CR025 but don't quote me on that.

A $40 Pulsar us slightly more affordable though.

ty senpai

And I like having the date and weekday displayed.

>affordable
So, are you poor or do you just like dogshit?

*CR2025

I'm not poor, although I'm not rich either. I do okay.

No problem famalamadingdong.

Having a great time, eh?

Kek

Why are you discussing the aesthetics of the watch? This thread is for the appreciation and discussion of the technical aspects of quality timepieces.

>This thread is for the appreciation and discussion of the technical aspects of quality timepieces.
If it would, people would post pictures of Einstein'n'shit ITT. They don't. Nobody talks about gravity and it's effects on time.
Niggers ITT don't even know how to back up a Mac.

These threads aren't about discussing watches or timepieces. They are for bragging about the latest purchases, laughing at skeleton wrists and for shilling chinese fake watches for our friends from But to get back to your question:
>Why are you discussing the aesthetics of the watch?
Hmm. I see a theme developing here.
I suppose what you really wanted to ask is:
>Why am I still a virgin?
Because you look like shit. Aesthetics seem to be of no importance for you.

I hope I could help you acquire the knowledge you seek for.

Recommend me some good strap options lads?

i like my rubber for a very casual look
a black sailcloth maybe
or say fuck it and get a leather, probably a black or very dark brown,

>samefag is succesfully a b8d
I'm sorry but has neither original style or good qualities considering its likely Guangzhou factory origins. Keep it to /csg/

Also, please don't bring your virginity into this, it's really not necessary.

Reread the thread and overthink your thought processes.

>You look like Vlad the implyer

Cool man I saw it last thread.
I'm pretty new to natos so considering buying a few different ones to switch it up now and then

Is pic related a too tacky?

yes.

single colour natos are the best but multiple colours are fine if they go with the watch, like

>don't even speak Russian
>am helping Russians design a watch honoring Castro

My hobbies are fucking weird, man.

I hope you at least get a check, or a chuckle out of stupid commies, out of it.

i appreciate this senpai

>Patria o muerte
10/10
I'd buy this watch

yes.
i have a blue/white/blue one for mine which doesn't look too bad though.

Anyone ID this Seiko? I can't find it anywhere

Anyone here use pocket watches?

SNZ389J

looks nice

Nexus 5

>Diver
>On a NATO
>With a dress shirt

You should be gassed.

this actually looks pretty nice

i like the black backround it really helps with legibility from a distance

how does it compare to a casio in toughness??

Vintage Seiko and Casio LCD digitals can be found with stainless steel cases, if you do your research.

There's also a rare and now out of production Seiko with a brushed stainless steel case, solid link solid end link brushed stainless bracelet, EL backlight, and radio sync, but good luck finding one.

no not really, do you?

I have a collection of traditional round ones, but I don't use them. It's easier just using a nexus 5 these days.

Pocket fedora

what kind of movements do they have?
anything special?

They're all mechanical, mostly with just one face but a couple with moon phases. Also nice patterns on the back.

I'd swap the two years round, left to right makes more sense

It won't be as tough as a G-Shock but the steel case will help.

show collection and movements senpai

I think I want a diver next. Preferably I would want a hand wind but hand winds in general don't seem really easily accessible.

I have mini wrists so I was thinking skx013. What's the best place to buy from?

creationwatches

Hands down. Bought 5-6 watches, all received within 5 days, DHL. Almost always the cheapest there as well.

creationwatches.com/products/search/results.html?search_in_description=1&keyword=skx013

Not a J version though, but whatever, the K and J is basically the same.

I second this, Creation have never let me down.

Why are you posting minions?

i am not posting minions but there would be nothing wrong with me posting minions if i did

What are your opinions/experiences with Vincero?

have you ever asked yourself why the date window is so far from the outside of dial?
(hint its not aestethics)

Nope, tell me why.

Because it has the smallest, cheapest movement available. That's why the sub dials are so closely bunched in the centre too.