It sucks that no laptop actually match a mac in terms of looks and performance. I dont think anything even comes close...

It sucks that no laptop actually match a mac in terms of looks and performance. I dont think anything even comes close. Even the os is better, sadly (though gnu linux is better than both).

Funny how when it comes to phones theres a plethora of great choices and cheap makers such as xiami that deliver amazing products yet laptops are limited to basically macs

Other urls found in this thread:

slimbook.es/en/store/slimbook-kde/kde-intel-i7-comprar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DONGLE

No idea what you are talking about, every review when the MBP is pitted against pic related the MBP gets dismantled. Pretty much the XPS 15 OLED is THE perfect laptop.

-best in class battery life with 97wh battery
-tied best screen in a laptop period against the Alienware 13 OLED
-best performance and cooling, zero throttling vs. the ThrottleBook Pro

There is zero review out there where the MBP wins against the XPS.

The new Dell XPS and Precision boxes absolutely destroy all Macbooks in build quality, configurability, expandability, performance, and long-term viability. They also can be ordered with the latest Ubuntu LTS pre-installed if you want a pretty looking unix-like OS with a dock, global menu and the like. Also, more ports, space for two drives, and battery life that is absolutely stellar. My Precision7510 will long out-last the latest MBPro, and if something goes wrong, I can take it apart and fix it easily. Also, there's no soldered ram :^)

the dell shills are getting smarter
>:^)

>and performance

We're really complaining about dell shilling in an apple shilling thread?

i bought one and it died on me, never again dell.

if you want looks, xiaomi air.

>plastic
>destroying anything made out of aluminum

You dell poorfags are getting pathetic.

Charge it?

>looks
Yeah youre right, its nice and thin, but oh boy, move that mouse too fast, and oh boy, your cooling system sounds like a fuckings space ship launching
>performance
Doubt it

>$839 for a xiami product
holy shit

>OLED
OLED is fine for a phone that you're going to stop using in a year or two... Computers are used for longer than that so OLED really isn't a great choice because of burn in. High quality IPS displays are the best in pretty much every regard.

To be fair, most of the macbook's direct competitors are quickly ditching ports/switching to USB C only. What I don't get, is why they didn't put a lightning port on the macbooks for audio. They want people to start buying lightning headphones for their iPhones, but to keep using 3.5mm headphones for their macbooks? Or even better, they could have made the iPhone USB C so you can use USB C headphones with the iPhone and the macbook.

slimbook.es/en/store/slimbook-kde/kde-intel-i7-comprar

>match a mac in terms of looks
>mac
>looks

Microsoft surface series is better than MacBooks

We're talking about XPS / Precision, not Alienware lines.

>cant install linux
uhhh

Xiaomi Mi book air.

you can, just go write your own kernel to have all the things like working touchsceen or pen support with correct pressure sensitivity (alongside 'right click" button and erasing by turning it over)

>I dont think anything even comes close.
are you seriously saying HP is not even close? they even look the same

with pre installed botnet UEFI

>implying anyone would be enthusiastic about Dell products without getting paid

precision and xps bodies are mostly ruggedized composite rubber and aluminum-magnesium alloy. tough as bricks.

the quality is miles apart up close. Hp never makes good laptops though, even there buisiness ones are averae

who gives a shit, you autists screamed the same thing when they went USB-only and dropped the serial ports

WAAAHHH

Serial ports gradually grew less useful though, nowadays they're really only used for low-level debugging. Removing ports for no reason but making it thinshit is retarded.

>Serial ports gradually grew less useful though, nowadays they're really only used for low-level debugging.
A plethora of specialized ports will gradually grow less useful though, in the near future they'll really only be used for retrocomputing.

>Removing ports for no reason but making it thinshit is retarded.
>for no reason
>no reason
Actually Apple's been at the forefront of discarding old tech and trying new, with varying success but mostly good results and technology whether or not it became huge, like USB, or just coasted like Firewire.

USBC is one fucking port for all shit, and it's expandable for the future. I've wanted this since the early 1980s, myself. The small downside is that for the hobbyist you'll always need a serial dongle, but between Bluetooth and USBC we have most everything covered.

Intel's fully behind it and is sticking it in their reference design Ultrabook boards and the chipsets support it and everything. It's happening.

Anyway the bitching about dongles is overwrought, you can plug into a whole docking station with one USBC connector. If you need one for your phone or whatever meme toy you have, you get one dongle and jam it onto the end of your device's cable. It's really not the end of the world.

>USBC is one fucking port for all shit
It's really only suitable for mobile, I'm glad there's a A-type port for USB 3.1. Type C is way too thin for desktop use.

trackpad sucks

i agree with this, if we had 7 usb c ports that would be g
1 for power
3 replace usb a
2 audio
1 for video out
and the thing is you could mix and match. like 6 display out and one power in.

how is it not suitable for mobile? its the same size as micro usb

>looks
matter of taste
>performance
hell no, mbp performance is shit
>even os is better
hell no, it's a pain in the ass

I said it was only suitable for mobile, it's too brittle for desktop use.

Just say Linux, you fag.

looks encompass quality and certain timelessness. old thinkpads had this.

osx is way better than windows though, linux is better than both. seriously apart from games osx has better developement suites and somewhat resembles unix

it's pronounced LiGNUx you insensitive fucking clod

I happen to use all three OS regulary
OS X is the worst in terms of productivity

what is a T70?

The biggest selling point for the Macbook is the 16:10 screen for me.

Then the great trackpad.

>those bezels
>uneven top and side bezels

>my experience with a thing resembles how the thing is for everyone
i'm pretty certain you almost don't know anything about macos since you so eagerly told us that its annoying to you.

yes yes. mysql on windows is a nightmare, as is developing embedded systems

The cheap as shit plastic chink shell that only seems slim if looked at from the top.

>It's really only suitable for mobile
said nobody ever

>It sucks that people that care more about what a laptop looks like make posts like this one I posted to create this thread to express my stupid opinion yet one more time on an Internet forum where I can feel like it means something.

>Funny how when it comes to stupid fucking people offering up their stupid fucking opinions there's a plethora of stupid fucking people that just won't stop doing it.

FTFY

>this board isn't Tech Talk Forums
oh nooo that succcckkkssss

Spectre line is good

Nice blog fagit. Downvoted and unsubscribed.

Since we're talking about this, there are USBC phones out there and there are USB to HDMI adapters for the donglebook, can we connect an external monitor to the motoZ?
If not this fucking race to the unique port is useless.
Also, a phone via OTG can output power and a laptop via USBC can get or give power on the same port. What happens when we connect them?

>ports on the back
i mean thats got to be one of the worst ideas

Don't all chargers and ports nowadays have some kind of controller or chip to prevent shit?

Name me just one laptop JUST ONE that has an equal or better trackpad than the macbook pro (protip you cant)

clit mouse

IBM slogan "Think" ---> Apple slogan "Think Different"
IBM Trackpoint™ ---> Apple "track"pad

I tried to buy one. I couldnt spec up the FHD screen version to better specs without also upgrading to the battery sucking QHD. I ended up getting an x1 carbon on sale with all my specs so i can play with a clit while running vms while having a good battery life.

Not him but anyone correcting it to mac OS (I know they changed the name) instantly loses any credibility. I've used all three since you were likely still sperm. My first computer was a PS/2 and my experience is out of the three shit heaps, OS X has a far more convoluted work flow, though better than the old "system" operating systems (if you can call constantly crashing such). The fact you don't recognize this probably means you've never used the other two, or know zero shortcuts because you've never not had a mouse.

I'd put surface a little ahead of dell. Much better design and build quality.

I highly doubt you used it correctly. Did you sit on it (american) or did you shit on it(pajeet)?

>usbc which can transmit more data and more power than usba is only useful for mobile while the weaker usba should be for more powerful tech
Get your head out your ass. I can't believe people are nostalgic over ports that are shittier than usbc.

There's a version of Type A for USB 3.1 too dumbass.

if the XPS could run macOS, THEN it would be perfect