How badly am I fucking up if I use part of my $977 tax return to buy this?

How badly am I fucking up if I use part of my $977 tax return to buy this?

What do you currently have? How badly do you want this? Are there no "used- like new" options available from Amazon Warehouse that are cheaper?

well pretty bad, i mean it's an asus for starters

Nothing from Asus has ever let me down

A GTX 780 and I really need the upgrade the card I have now is 4 years old. as far as used I feel creepy buying used computer parts

does your mom know you're joining the republic of gamers? and that you're now a gaming republican?

you alt-right nazi bastard

My mother died last year

>getting a tax return in the first place
You already fucked up.

If I don't get a tax return how would I buy expensive things like this? I know it's a 0 intereat loan to the government but when they pay it back it's anice way to get things like this

Asus' items are good, they have more than just a name behind their quality. It's their customer support that's garbage if you have an item of theirs that ever does fail.

>GTX 780
What do you want out of a new GTX? 60+fps at ultra or 144fps on high, ect... GTX 1070 and 1080 will both be stellar for fps at 1920x1080 and/or 2160x1440p, the GTX 1080 will be better at 3840x2160p.
Also, used like new stuff on amazon isn't "used" in a sense, more so it has some superficial issue like a box with a misprint or scratch but the item itself is still unused.

Its a 1070 and I'm looking for 60 fps at 1080p for most games such as doom 2016

You'll get 60fps in doom with no hassle on high settings. I would try to get a gtx 1070 for less though. Got mine for $360 in november from amazon warehouse. I would really suggest you check out the "used - like new" ones and read the descriptions because those are new cards, just repackaged and otherwise not faulty/used, just maybe overstock or have some ugly aesthetic that doesn't affect performance. Mine just came repackaged but the card itself was brand new.

By having the self control to not spend 100% of your paycheck on shiny toys.

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

Even the cost of this is only half the return and I spend my entire check on bills rent and food

>1080p 60fps
>1070
Thats a but overkill
Look into a 6gb 1060 or rx 480

Hell even an rx 460 can get 60fps 1080p doom on near max

Nah I'll pass on the 1060 I'm more than comfortable with what I'm spending if anything I'll downscale

>only a $977 return

That better be only your state tax return.

Having a tax return means you fucked up your allowances and gave the government an interest free loan.

I only made 14 hundred last year I'm not a rich person

>living in a state with a state income tax

>Wanting all 300 million Americans stacked up in your state

Good luck with that

Sieg Heil Motherfucker

>Not donating your tax refund to charity.

Go fuck yourself let them starve

>How badly am I fucking up if I use part of my $977 tax return to buy this?- 23 posts and 1 image reply shown.
You will forever be poor and stupid.

What about this is going to keep me poor? Investing it would require months of study and research for it to make more sense than buying 977 dollars worth of lottery tickets you can't just jump head first and expect to do well

>Investing it would require months of study and research
Index fund, retard. You will get way more returns than wasting money on fucking gaymer shit.

That seems like it would eat through 977 dollars in a very short time

fuck off about "HURRRR OVERKILL"
you're the faggots who advocate buying 1440p 144hz monitors and don't understand the sheer power required to drive it
not to mention newer games are harder to run
fuck off with this 'overkill' bullshit for fuck's sake
god forbid he doesn't want to buy a new gpu every generation

you could honestly buy a second 780 and get away with that
i'm still going strong with my 2GB 770s

>games

kill yourself

kill yourself