Should I encrypt my desktop?

Should I encrypt my desktop?

Should you seek acceptance for every single computing decision you will ever make?

You should encrypt your life

Should I turn on my desktop today?

Does encrypting your computer make it more secure against anything except physical (steal yo disk) attacks?

Not at all.
However bear in mind that if someone gets physical access to the device it should be considered "compromised"

You should use full disk encryption. Otherwise when your device gets stolen they can easily access your data.

It may not protect against three letter agencies, but should protect against your average thief.

You should encrypt all your personal devices that have your personal data.

...which is why i don't use CM/LineageOS on my phone.

something to hide?

Your personal files, any tax or bajmnk information, important shit like that yeah

The whole desktop? For what purpose?

>a NEET's desktop getting stolen

Only if you have something to hide

Wait what?
CM has disk encryption.

It has been broken since Lollipop for my past 3 devices and my current one as well no matter if it's a snapshot or a nightly so i assumed it was broken overall and just gave up.

Posting on CM 13 encrypted device plus adopted SD card.

Trump will ban pedos like you

I wish i could do that.

Device?

LG G3, check xda forums ask if the encryption works or not. Whats your device? Try encrypting with oem and installing CM/LOS after that. Enable adb and check for encryption logs.

Had the same issue with a Samsung that don't remember what model it was, LG G2, HTC One M8 and now with my current Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro.

I'm running MIUI now though and can't make a TWRP backup since everything is encrypted but will try again when Xposed gets ported to Nougat, the last CM build i tried for this phone also had encryption broken but i hope it gets fixed with some new version of LOS until then.

Posting from lineageos 14.1 with FDE.

>The whole desktop? For what purpose?
Various programs like to place sensitive data all over the place.