I just want 10-bit anime playback and now I have to trade my pi 2 in for a brand new intel® fuck-nuc™

I just want 10-bit anime playback and now I have to trade my pi 2 in for a brand new intel® fuck-nuc™.

Help me Sup Forums will the new i3 7100U be enough to play my retarded [coalgirls] encodes?

多分

Can you just install linux on one of these? I have noo idea desu.

Just get an old Optiplex.

Even a core duo can play 720p 10bit

>720p 10bit
>720p
What plebbery is this?

Most 1080p releases are shitty upscales

Just transcode them to baseline 576p and play them on one of those $20 chinese things that hook up to your TV by RCA jack.

>not just converting them to Video CDs and playing them on your pentium 1

just get an X220 or T420. Those can play 10bit anime and are probably cheaper.

That's a meme from 2011.

Except it's not. Almost all TV anime is still being released somewhere between 700-800p

It can play 1080p 10bit too, at least my 2.13GHz C2D laptop-turned-HTPC running Kodi can do it. CPU usage is close to maxing out of course, but so far it's played every Hi10p file I've thrown at it. Software HEVC decoding at 1080p is beyond its capabilities though.

I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p anime. I've got good eyes.

yes senpai, that'll work. (get the most cores senpai)
Use libreelec senpai.
I'm using an old sandy laptop i7-2630qm as htpc.
Yes it can even upscale to 4k@24fps. (hd 3000)

yes. but get a quadcore one if possible.
cpu decoding dude.
this.

>Help me Sup Forums will the new i3 7100U be enough to play my retarded [coalgirls] encodes?
A NUC or any CPU built in the last 5 or 10 years is a million years better than a Pi, so yes.

Apollo Lake Celerons can do that in Hardware, you don't even need an i3.

just google 'J3455 hevc 10-bit'

>coalgirls
disregard that, gotta look up how your anime shit is actually encoded.

>falling for the nuc meme
enjoy your heat problems and broken hardware :)

Your eyes are dinner plate anime eyes that can see all the subtleties in a shitty upscale.

Ah the new quad core Kaby Lake model isn't even out yet where I live. The model in OP is hyper threaded though (2x4) so does that make a difference when it comes to video playback?

Wait a bit lad, do you even own a 10bit monitor to display that shit?

No but all anime encoders I like use 10 bit so I need something that can play them despite that.

not him but,
it should work dude.
I got a 6600U chink mini pc and It handles coalgirls 1080p hi10p FLAC bullshit lanczos upscaled to 4k and interpolated very well.

Are we talking about h265 hevc? I thought that was 10bit out of the box and more optimised than 264 so even less powerful cpu can decode them

i7-6600U? Isn't that an ES cpu?
OP, go to ali and buy those cheap chink mini pc's, theyre cheaper than nuc and fanless. they're basically the same as nucs. most has ddr3l and not ddr4 meme. (a plus cuz u can use your unused modules)
supports 2 sata3 + msata.