An user suggested me to use LaTeX to make my CV and this impressed my interviewer

An user suggested me to use LaTeX to make my CV and this impressed my interviewer
I told him that I can design UI and UX but I have don't know how to
So where and how do I start learning it and how long will it take me?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12711060
scs.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#folderID="8bb9f417-9f60-4e00-84f6-4ef8e7425ae1"
abookapart.com/products/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't. Just use a word document. Employers want an easy to read/modify file so they can do notes in the file itself and for parsing it.

Are you retarded?

Good employers use the PDF annotation tools present in Acrobat. If they ask for a CV in doc, that's a red-flag.

> sending an editable copy of my cv and personal information
Sure buddy.

Generally I just ask if they have a preference, and if they say no then I go with pdf.

I just send a PDF. If an employer requires Word, they're not worth working for.

Just fucking google it. You'll spend a half hour tops searching for a template you like, and the syntax for any tweaks you want/need to make are just a few quick web searches away. You'll spend more time refreshing this thread than you will if you just jump into it right now.

Anything sendable is editable.

sauce for that image?

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12711060

CMU also has a course on this: scs.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#folderID="8bb9f417-9f60-4e00-84f6-4ef8e7425ae1"

There are a lot of very nicely looking LaTeX CV templates out there. You can edit them with basically no TeX knowledge and any standard text editor.

Template name?

>ShitOne Corp

PDFs have options to lock everything until

who this semen demon?

There is this website called "Google" that exists.

just answer you faggot

i seriously hope you don't believe that actually works

It's from fb

>+23
Holy cow, she is really trying to get all the likes she can.

You need specialized software and skills and combine em to the desire to fuck the document's owner in some way so yes, it is quite secure

I saved them all

>Being this retarded

smallpdf.com

Your argument is now invalid

They say they can't do nothing with a "strong algorithm" so you chose one up-to-date and put a secure password on it. It is cryptography not dark magic

>learning latex
like, a day or two
google latex basics tutorial, grasp concept, then google for everything you'd like to change after reviewing results in pdf

Wow, it's like public image is important to businesses or something

Did you send them a .tex or a .pdf file? How did they know it was latex if it wasn't .tex, and if it was, why would they be impressed with that since they presumably asked for that format?

Dude worst case scenario I can re-create the PDF. How retarded are you

Is there a good Latex CV template for someone who has basically no experience?
I'm about to graduate from college and the only thing i have to show is "went to university", and "worked summer jobs at a factory".
I think the template you posted would be way too colorful for me. it's like using a huge mansion as a museum building, but there's only one thing displayed in the museum

fuck that's slick

I'm an electrical engineer and pretty much everything I write, excepting emails, has to be done in LaTeX because IEEE formatting. Who are you working for?
Also user, try Overleaf. When you get the hang of it, switch to TexMaker or just go balls to the wall and use normal Emacs and org mode.

Who is this qt

Put your skills first, and your work history second

CV should be clearly laid out and easily legible, if you've got those two down you're ahead of the pack

>not using TexStudio
It's like the only Tex IDE that isn't crap.

>An user suggested me to use LaTeX to make my CV and this impressed my interviewer

"Can you send me your resume in Word format?" - every recruiter ever

Nigga that's a simple layout with a modern font

You are easily impressed

>applying formally for jobs instead of networking
fukken scrub

go to your local Uni coffee shop

Every CS dropout is a self-proclaimed master of ui/ux

It's literally a term used by everyone who's worked through 2-3 hours of w3schools or codeacademy

She is indeed kawaii uwu xd

maybe go and check the fucking github url there you retard?

would you be kind enough to share?

Here they ask for handwritten copies.

When applying for the average 50 companies, this gets to be a pain in the ass.

UI and UX are two of the same beast, I work frontend design/development and the way I see it, UX controls the high level actions, the user flow/journey and informs consistency.

When you're designing a site, start with wireframes with actions, what do you want the user to click? Are actions grouped? Are actions clear to the user? These are the kinds of questions a UX professional asks.

UI design is about how that journey looks, how well the elements go together on the page, how well the colour palette is implemented. You can have UX without UI and UI without UX but it's better to find a mix of both.

A good place to start would be a few books from here abookapart.com/products/ , especially the ones involving colour and design fundamentals.
Look at user patterns and look at some base frameworks (such as bootstrap) which implement consistent UX patterns, why is the pagination at the bottom? What does a user expect to see in the navbar? UX is all about implementing design consistency with predefined patterns to narrate the user through the journey.

You shouldn't have lied on your CV, good UI/UX requires a design flair that eludes a massive chunk of developers, it will be painfully obvious to a UX guy that you're talking out your arse, so start with the basic fundamentals and work from there. Get yourself a wireframing tool (I use Sketch but I'm going to assume you're not using a Mac), pirate something like Balsamiq if you have to, the point is to think about layout and user flow before you start concerning yourself with how it's actually going to look.

If you have any further questions, I've been working in the industry for a few years now, if I get some free time to shitpost I'll respond.

Not employers, but recruiters. It seems no one here has used a recruiter (protip: everyone should) but that's basically all the reason you need to use word.