Paypal takes steps against user security -- blocks VPNs

Paypal takes steps against user security -- blocks VPNs

Other urls found in this thread:

paypal.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

works on my machine

How does a vpn make you more secure in this case? Wouldn't allowing any VPN to access your account make it easier for cybercriminals?

Are you using a VPN in a country that has poor trade relations with the US, or would be marked as being "high risk"?

PayPay security is questionable considering the fact that they limit your password to 20 characters.

>you don't have permission to access paypal.com
>http
Makes perfect sense

>tfw it's finally becoming socially acceptable to discriminate against VPN fags

Good. Stop ruining my localization efforts. I'm terrified of upsetting American companies.

>PayPay security is questionable
The company has never had a serious security breach in 20 years of existence.

> they limit your password to 20 characters.

>repeating yourself
The company has never had a serious security breach in 20 years of existence.

Therefore it never will, right?

I don't understand why you are defending shitty security practices, such as limiting passwords to 20 characters.

VPN illegal when?

Mfw cyber criminals haven't used VPN connections for attacks in years. Last time I checked you used SOCs

It also implies that they may be storing passwords in plaintext.

how the fuck do you even block VPN? how does paypal know that you use vpn?

they know ip ranges of major VPN providers

You probably don't realize what a character limit may imply.

>Last time I checked you used SOCs
system on chip?
im sure you mean another acronym, which one?

yeah that confused me too but I wasn't gonna say anything and look stupid

Hopefully soon. VPNs are stupid commercial bullshit anyways. All they do is promote consumption of proprietary software and services while preventing entrepeneurs from actually providing online services to clients based upon their geographic location.

>actually providing online services to clients based upon their geographic location.
you mean, taking away their freedoms based on their location, fuck that, i just want the plain content, not the arrangement you believe catters to my countrymen

your arguments are so fcking retarded. you didn't understand only one point of the vpn technology but you still try to defence your point of view. the hardest fact of your posts are that you defending shitty security practices in shitty private data thief companies like paypal.

>we haven't known of a serious security breach in 20 years of existence, therefore it hasn't happened

Retard.

>reeee let me steal services from you by gaming your own system against you!

How about no?

>reeee let me steal services from you by gaming your own system against you!
>own system against me

kek, would never be happened

>How about no-W-?