Finally joining the master race after getting my tax return back. Any thoughts/suggestions before I buy?

Finally joining the master race after getting my tax return back. Any thoughts/suggestions before I buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/4vzv6h/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15
pcpartpicker.com/product/XGL7YJ/bitfenix-case-bfxnov100wwwkkrp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kys yourself

This.

Disgusting

Any constructive criticism?

pretty new to this and just want a second opinion

you have to go back

>shitty psu
>shitty overpriced liquid cooler meme
>i7 meme
>crappy cooler on gpu
>paying for windows
>16gb ram meme

The Pentium G4560 will suffice just as well and costs 1/5 as much money.

/thread

also
>Not buying Kaby lake
>200$ gaymer mobo
Absolutely disgusting

>paying $99 for Windows 10 Home

are you fucking serious?

download a linux distro and put it on a fucking USB stick you fucking CLOWN and then torrent Windows 10 for FREE if you really need it

KYS!!!!!!!!

that 750W is too much
paying for windows 10
7/10

>buying intel i7 when ryzen will be released in few weeks
>ryzen ipc already equal to skylake/kabylake
>get cheaper i7 equivalent for $200
>get 6c12t for $300
WTF I hate Intel now

Just for games?
If so, get an i5.

Will you ever overclock?
If not, don't get a K

Consider fully modular PSU. EVGA supernova 2 is good.

A HDD? Perhaps cut the SSD to 256 GB and get a WD blue 2tb

850 pro is better than Evo

>Gayming mobo.

Go to logicalincrements.com and start over.

dont fall for this meme

whats a better psu alternative?
I bought the cooler and mobo on black friday for significantly cheaper.
Is it really a better CPU?

Get a gold certified power supply.

find a tall bridge and jump

Sup Forums status: triggered
successful thread

>blowing a large sum of money as soon as you receive it

don't be stupid user

>lol

you can't run 1440p on ultra with a pentium.

a few things

there's a new CPU out called Kaby Lake, it's a bit better than that 6700K and you can get more performance with it. It's not too much more expensive and it will automatically ramp up its own performance. You could expect as much as 15% increase for $10 more. And it still includes the hyperthreading technology too.

Instead of an AIO cooler like the one you have pictured, look into heatsinks that have fans. Here's an example
pcpartpicker.com/product/4vzv6h/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15 which is a really good one. Dark Rock 3 is also really solid too if you don't like the brown aesthetic.

AIO coolers transfer the heat to the liquid in the tubes/radiator, and then the fans push the heat through the radiator out of the case. But a heatsink allows you to direct the heat out of the case through an exhaust fan without blocking areas for cool air. AIO coolers are good, but they're more useful for small cases rather than big mid-ATX cases

The RAM you picked is overkill too. The 3200 is a reference to the amount of electricity that can be ran through it to read/write information on it. Most motherboards start at 2133mhz and can overclock (ramp up the electrical voltage) to utilize 3200 RAM. 2400 is good if this is your first build, 3000 is really all you need. It's a marginal performance difference.

You video card is pretty good. Save up for a 1080 though. I've got one and it is a graphics beast.

Instead of a Corsair power supply, look into a Seasonic Power Supply or an EVGA G2.

And all of these nerds are going to tell you to download Linux or pirate Windows, but it's your money and just buying it is wayyy easier than pirating it for the inexperienced.

Don't listen to these nerds if they're swearing or telling you to kill yourself, they're very unhappy people.

Don't listen to the guy recommending a pentium he's trolling. Get a Gold certified power supply, if you're going to do heavy overclocking keep the water cooler if not I'd recommend a good air cooler, no chance of a leaking disaster.

Get more ram. Also that mobo is overkill.

>I'd recommend a good air cooler, no chance of a leaking disaster.

Agreed. I will never use a water cooled system for this reason. It's just one more thing I have to worry about

>You could expect as much as 15% increase for $10 more.

>you can't run 1440p on ultra with a pentium.
>he thinks resolution matters for a CPU

Dude I'm using a 5 year old Corsair H60 that sits pretty at 30-35C. You guys are so paranoid.

More like the manchild race.

Physics, AI, and other non-graphic calculations depend on the CPU. And if that info can't be sent to the GPU to render, then you're just wasting money on an awesome graphics card.

Aside from waiting for zen and potential price drops on the CPU front, the psu is the only real issue. Corsair CX series are shit, as well as VS. The only decent Corsair units are the AX line, but go with seasonic, antec, or evga before that.

buy a gun and shoot yourself

I'll look into Seasonic and consider a different means of cooling. Thanks for the suggestions.

Buying a operating system

what a le weird thred! LOLE

If you're looking to save money EVGA G2 (has to be G2, G1 is shit) PSUs are good for the money.

you don't need an i7 if you're going to do just gaming, if you're doing any editing/streaming/recording then MAYBE but just go for a kaby lake i5 instead imo

Liquid cooling is a meme for people with wayyyy too much money and not enough sense. Just get an air cooler. 212 evo from cooler master is the one i've got set up to buy later but if you want to legit just spend $100 on a cooler you can get a nicer air one for that money.

You're overkill on RAM there, 8G of ram will do you just fine if you're just gaming, and really don't need 3200, go lower a little bit and save some money bud.

Your GPU is a good choice, but if you cut down on the price of some stuff you could probably just spring for a 1080 and be done with upgrading your GPU for the next good while.

I'd recommend shopping around for a cheaper case man, its not worth it to spend THAT much on one. pcpartpicker.com/product/XGL7YJ/bitfenix-case-bfxnov100wwwkkrp
Thats the one I bought, and its supposedly on sale for about $60 off, similar asthetic to the one you have but check that everything you have listed will actually fit.

Your power supply is autistic. You don't need 750 Watts for a PSU. Get maximum 200 more Watts than you need but no more, and try to get a better rated, silver/gold is gonna run more efficient and you'll be better off.

Finally don't buy windows for that much. If you want to buy it go to Kinguin or something, but buying a full price is nonsense.

okay um first of all, you need a better processer
4 coures is not enoguh anymore, consoles have more than that

graphics card is okay but amd would be better imo

more rams if you want to play new games, 16 gb is enough for older games only

get a case with leds, improves aesthetics

get windows 10 pro, home is just for browser and music

and finally get some fricking gamer grub while you at it, gotta have something to eat bro, don't forget that

Thanks for the breakdown. It's much appreciated.

> Skylake CPU
> Kabylake mobo

Also:
> No HDD, only 500GB storage
> Almost 90 dollars for FOCKEN WINDOWNS
> ASUS Dual
> Corsair CX
> 150 dollars for memory
> An i7 for gaming PC

>The RAM you picked is overkill too. The 3200 is a reference to the amount of electricity that can be ran through it to read/write information on it. Most motherboards start at 2133mhz and can overclock (ramp up the electrical voltage) to utilize 3200 RAM. 2400 is good if this is your first build, 3000 is really all you need. It's a marginal performance difference.
> a reference to the amount of electricity that can be ran through it to read/write information on it
> electrical voltage
> 3200 RAM