>Turkish

Best cuisine:

>Italian

Pic absolutely related.

>Greek
>Underrated

Overrated cuisine: your mom's pussy
Underrated cuisine: my gigantic dick

i don't think mexican is too overrated but jap food is incredibly overrated tbqh

>Japanese
>Overrated

Pleb detected, ramen or sushi in Japan is godlike. And no, I'm not a fucking weeb.

>Noodle broth of any kind
>Good cuisine

Japs actually queue up to an hour for some noodle broth lol

I don't think Mexican or Japanese is overrated. Their dishes a pretty unique and delicious. What is there to overrate?

>Best cuisine:
>Italian
>Pic absolutely related

You gonna try to deny this but it's just you have a toddler's tongue.
Too young to start a food thread.

Your cuisine is all hype and no substance. You actually brag about fucking yakitori, literally just skewered grilled meat. Tempura is just deep fried batter. If you like that why don't you like southern US cuisine as well?

Most Chinese find Japanese cuisine dull and light. Without flavor. Makes sense as all decent Japanese food came from abroad, like tempura. In Heian period Japanese nobles would just eat plain rice with a few measly vegetable. Low culture.

Chinese here, we like Japanese food a lot. It's the most popular Asian cuisine in China and Taiwan. Don't spread lies on the internet.

>in China AND Taiwan
DERET THIS

Most older mainlanders aren't interested in Japanese cuisine. It's just younger ones.

Taiwanese have been sucking Japanese dick for well over a century now so it's not surprising.

Yeah. Only refined people can enjoy the wonderful taste of overpriced kaiseki shit.

Overrated:
>Italian.
>French.
>Mexican
Underrated:
>Easter European.
>Middle Eastern.
>African.

What's Eastern European like? It just looks like British cuisine without the curry.

>anglos talking about cuisine
Opinion discarded.

>Britishmen trying to tell Japan their food sucks

That's fucking rich coming from curryland mate. What you were saying about yakitori and tempura is a heavily westernized view on Japanese cuisine. Japanese food has a HUGE emphasis on tasting the ingredients themselves rather than how it is prepared (for the most part).

Japanese guy had it right, you are too young to start a food thread.

>Italian
>posts spaghetti ??????
At least post real Italian stuffff

>Mexican food
>Overrated
shut your fucking mouth

Anglos are uneducated about our cuisine and think it's just pasta, pizza and lasagna. If it was just that we'd be fat as fuck. Mediterranean cuisine is actually very healthy, on par with Japanese.

Chinese cuisine>japanese cuisine

this. Japanese food is actually really basic

>that shit you posted
>Italian
You know nothing

>tfw don't have the money to taste other contury's cuisine

Shh, let them be ignorant. Italian cuisine wouldn't be that special if everyone was super acknowledged with it. Only patricians with an actual interest in gastronomy truly know about our best dishes.

>he says this while sucking american dick

underrated:
hungarian

What's the best recipe for Taco?
I will be making it today.

>turkish
>underrated
nothing good except kebab and baklava

what is there to Italian cuisine other than these things?
Not trying to be ignorant, genuinely interested as I'm usually very fond of Italian dishes.

What do y'all think of Vietnamese food?

Pick related. Banh Mi makes for a great breakfast/lunch

>baklava is good
literally tastes like a sugary syrup with rose water.

That's not the correct term, moron.
Go off yourself.

>rose water
must have been shitty baklava. the baklava i get here is most times not that good either, but when i was in turkey once it was really good, and it wasn't even that sweet.

overrated:
meat + shit

underrated:
no meat

Turkish delight is pretty good I guess, some kebab shop here used to make it fresh

Usually I can only get the Arab variety of baklava, and even though Arabic food is not too shabby, they cannot prepare Turkish dishes to save their lives.
I guess I can't really judge baklava until I get to taste the SOURCE;
Although I'm not fond of the idea of flying to Turkey so I can try these myself, as I only have my Israeli passport these days.

What is the correct term, then? I'm just calling it what the little old Vietnamese lady calls it at the restaurant

>Nasty rice and seafood

The reason obesity in Japan is so low is because no one there wants to eat their crap.

What's some essential meatless dishes for someone who's looking to broaden their horizons beyond 'average American town' multi cultural cuisine?

>Overrated
Jap
Italian
French

>Underrated
Persian
Korean

>arabic version
nigger what are you doing? get the Turkish variety. You can enter Turkey with Israeli passport with no problem.

>britman
>best food: spaghetti

hahaha nice self-memeing. typical arrogant dumb britshit.
you don't even know the best of italian cuisine.

Your mom has a nice taco, she takes the beef quite well.

>it's another Italian diaspora in an English speaking country thread again
Who am I kidding it's me too

Portuguese cuisine is definitely underrated, I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 countries with seafood dishes as good as ours.

Paella was portugese right? If yes then good job dude

That's spanish, our cuisines are very similar though.

>underrated
czech
belgian

>overrated
german
hungarian
>fairrated
japanese
italian
french
>trash
britain
austrian(not austr"a"rian)

but you really do eat pasta everyday

>Underrated cuisine:
You forgot the Finnish Cuisiné.

yes, there are like 10000 types of pasta

>Anglos and Germans giving their opinion on food

There is no man in these lands who can make up such tales.

>overrated
mexican, italian, chinese, japanese

>underrated
steppe cuntries and arabic cuisines

>people like this cuisine more therefore it's not as great as the other ones

says the country that is so overrated (mostly caused by anglos) that the capital get their own mental disorder

Some Japanese food looks good but things like, Japanese snacks, lunchboxes etc. look fucking disgusting.

Overrated:
>Italian
>Thai

Underrated:
>Lebanese
>Persian
>Korean
>German

Best cuisine:
>French

Not memeing with the last one. They had a great approach to cuisine very early in their history. They have a theory and system of good cooking while most other national traditions are like culinary stamp collecting. I like the idea of mother sauces and other building blocks that you can vary and modify.
Of course, in addition to haute cuisine they have their regional styles that are delicious too. Actually, the best dishes are just well-made peasant food made with local seasonal ingredients.

>Overrated

Mexican
Japanese

>Underrated

Swedish
Portuguese

>Best

French

The only overrated cuisine is the french one, where you can boil some fucking frogs and call it a meal. Pretty much sums up everything french, overrated shit, no wonder the only ones who like France are hipsters faggots.

Chinese here. Take the Japanese dick out of your mouth. It's popular because Japanese things are chic. I like japanese food and it's good but japanese food is bland af.

This cannot be denied.

Overrated:
>Thai
>Mexican

Underrated:
>Spanish
>Russian

Nobody here will give you an objective answer except maybe people from countries with m shitty food like Finland.

Pasta and Pizza are Greek. Death to shitalia.

>Pasta and Pizza are Greek. Death to shitalia

t. frank luigi fassbender marigiolo

>want to be able to cook foreign cuisine profeciently
>have trouble finding good ingredients at a decent price
>everything affordable is either seasonal or filled with preservatives or fake flavoring
I fucking love burgers and southern barbeque and the like, but it's so hard to actually enjoy food as more than just something to eat here.

Also I'm two days straight driving from the nearest coast and I love seafood, which just adds to the frustration.

I am actually a Greek.

Overrated
>Indian

Underrated
>Mongolian

whatever u say, this fact never change.
British cuisine suck.

freshwater fish can be delicious too. Do you have a lake or a stream nearby?

Not him and not even ethnically british, but Brits don't deny this.

Japanese unironically believe their cuisine is the best in the world.

Spaghetti Bolognese really is an "authentic" Italian dish, just because it is exceptionally popular no reason to bash it, when done right it's fantastic.

I find most dishes around the world very pleasant to eat and enjoyable but personally I just don't understand the popularity of SEA cuisines like Vietnamese and Thai in the Western world.
They taste, smell and look like colourfully painted garbage in my humble opinion.

South east Asian food restaurants in Japan are only visited by brainless instagramfags whose personal preferences and topics of conversations are solely controlled by anti-mainstream media propaganda, which ironically is making them look quite mass produced these days

Lebanese cuisine is a very good paisà.

>yuropoors, getting their info from animus, thinks japanese food = sushi, noodle and tempura
kek plebs

no one here said jap cuisine is the best in the world.

>smelly foreigners only know entry level Italian food like pista and pasta but we're always at the top

git gud

Why do japs love burgers so much?

Because we lost WW2

Yeah, sorry for forgetting natto.

Alberto is right.

>bouillabaisse
mah nigga

Overrated
>French
>Thai
>Italian

Underrated
>Argentinian
>English
>Bulgarian

Best
>Spanish

The fuck is that shit?

>Spaghetti Bolognese really is an "authentic" Italian dish

not really. you'd be hardpressed to find ragu paired with spaghetti in bologna

generic, spanish-esque hotch-potch of food stuff, I suppose. I just wanted an image and it was the first result in google.

Yes and?

Portugese and Greek seafood is god-tier. Red snapper is god tier.

It has everything wrong. Looks like a failed attempt made by a britbongo.

IS THAT A FUCKING MUSHROOM? WTF

bad posts

>Japanese ramen

Pretty much one of the blandest Ramen I have ever had.
Long time asia traveller here, btw.

Chinese noodle-soup (the original Ramen) are the best. Fresh Hand-drawn or blade-cut noodles from Beijing or the Muslim-localities are god-tier with their spicy soup, so are the rice-noodles of South-Western China with their complex broth consisting of all the secret spices available in those spice-rich regions.

In comparisson, Japanese noodles are all basically no oil (oil/fats are flavour carriers FYI), only either salty or miso-tasting, with no complexity of flavor, and so-so noodles that have just an OK consistency. It is just a small island with limited cuisine, after all.

Pic:

Best noodles I've ever had in Beijing. Noodles are directly cut from the dough into boiling water and have an awesome consistency and texture that is carrying an insane amount of flavor.
Sorry for my pleb habit of sticking the chopsticks into the food. Laowai did not know better at that time.

Sorry to educate your baby brain, but most traditional Chinese noodles or la mian have evolved into countless variations of Ramen noodles with time in Japan, including your favorite Chinese noodles.
The particular noodles in your post is daoxiaomian originally from Shanxi prefecture China, essences of which of course has already been introduced and adopted in the Japanese ramen portfolio with a bit of modifications done by cooks coming from the region to Japan, most likely via Taiwan after WW2.

So there are red hot spicy ramens in Japan as well and also over there in China they too have street stands which serve noodles with watery clear soup that tastes simple and tender.
The complexity and sophistication of East Asian food cultures are probably something impossible to grasp the whole picture of for a short term backpacker coming from a country that is known to have neither food culture to talk about nor passion in eating/cooking

murican in france here. i noticed the french eat a shitload of very long burgers. usualy not with beef but ham. why does france eat so many ham-burgers?

>throwing in bodyparts of animals
>cuisine

that literally lowest tier cooking

Overrated:
>Italian
>Japanese
>French
>Chinese
Underrated:
>Finnish
Best
>Finnish

I wish I were an Italian
I prefer Italian cuisine to Japanese one
Italian cuisine is way too expensive in Japan 2bh

Overrated cuisine:
>Japanese
>Thai
>Italian

Underrated cuisine:
>Polish
>Hungarian
>Russian
>German
>British
>Scandinavian & Finnish

I don't think there's any one "best" cuisine.

btw do you guys know Japanese cuisine except sushi?
I think when you discuss Japanese cuisine, only sushi is in your mind....

Clearly when people speak about overrated food it is relation to what is available in their country. Don't mistake someone calling something overrated as then saying it's bad. I know that Japanese food is a lot more than just sushi, but right now sushi is a bit of a fad here.