The only ftp client I ever really used has been filezilla...

the only ftp client I ever really used has been filezilla. What else is there that is good or is there a reason why everyone suggests filezilla?
Linux user here.

use rsync or scp. I heard those are good. I have been using filezilla for a bit though, works pretty well

eh, any potential time I could save in terminal I would waste double checking all my spelling properly.

you can probably set up some scripts or aliases to do pretty much everything for you, but I don't blame you. I use filezilla because i'm lazy. It's good enough to get the work done and nothing else is needed if you don't want to use the commands.

>Linux user
>using Filezilla
Are you new?

>2017
>what is file transfer via secure shell
>using eff - tea - pee instead of ass - eff - tea - pee
>not using scp or rsync
>not using sshfs for comfy mount points

forgot

>not having super comfy sshfs auto mount points for various ssh connections based on /etc/fstab and ~/.ssh/config

Mobaxterm is an ssh and ftp client, good for winblows

lftp

Chances are, he's not using Linux.

And FileZilla has SFTP.

I would like to use wget, but I need to know before hand what the server is offering. Any way to do `ls` from wget?

If you wget an ftp directory is will generate a listing

wtf did you just type u turbo autist dildolord?

why would i tire myself with all that shit when i can just drag and drop stuff in filezilla

have you not heard of tab completion?

this is a board full of people who unironically use arch or gentoo for daily use even though its completey unpractical my dude

its full with NEETs who simply have the time and energy to customize their stupid 'machine' and waste 30 mins doing tasks that take a windows user 5 seconds

Pic related.
Filezilla is good, it handles parallel downloads quite well. I also use nautilus and command line sftp.

am the only one who use winscp?

>winscp
Been fucking trying to remember the name of this for days now since I got a new PC. Was using FileZilla and hated using it.

How come with Amaze I can turn my Android phone into a FTP server with a single click, but with my computer it takes so much configuring shit?

Winscp via wine. God bless glorious windows software.

mc works fine

>58931139
>58931610
What is so awesome about winscp? I'm genuinely curious.

Idk Filezilla and Winscp are about the same to me. Any perks of one over the other besides looks?

was just a single apt-get install for my Debian server

WinSCP is fucking glorious, although not working on Linux is a stupid idea. Otherwise, Filezilla is about the best I've seen that isn't commandline FTP.

Because your FTP server on Android is likely insecure as fuck. And like said there's a lot of ftp servers that are already configured on most Linux distros.

terry aproves