How come South Americans / Hispanics in general don't flock in hordes to Spain the same way that Algerians/former...

How come South Americans / Hispanics in general don't flock in hordes to Spain the same way that Algerians/former french colonial subjects flock to France? They speak the language, and the quality of life is probably higher than in their home countries.

Is it because of being geographically far away?
Is it because the colonies were established and released many more years ago?

What do Latino Americans think of Spain and the Spanish?

What do the Spanish think of Latin America and the various countries that used to be colonies?

Is there a lot of cultural exchange that happens in the same way that the USA and Britain watch each other's TV shows and more or less keep up as countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1ORZFrBCh9x
vocaroo.com/i/s0IYhNFi4RKr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

They "flocked" to France because France needed them at that time. It's not like they came on their own.
As for Spain I don't know, maybe that under Franco the country was very closed and not really economically better than South American countries.

because most people enjoy living here and have all their family and friends here. You could ask the same about Southern Europeans not moving en masse to Northern europe

> quality of life is **probably** a lot higher

It's not. Spain and Portugal are pretty poor, desu.

>How come South Americans / Hispanics in general don't flock in hordes to Spain the same way that Algerians/former french colonial subjects flock to France?
we did it like 10 years ago but now the jobs are over and everyone's coming home
>What do Latino Americans think of Spain and the Spanish?
meh they're ok. a little racist but no harm done
>Is there a lot of cultural exchange that happens in the same way that the USA and Britain watch each other's TV shows and more or less keep up as countries?
no, but still there's a little (for example books, scholarships, and other highbrow exchange)

quality of life, HDI and other autistic things means shit when you are close to the people you like

My grandfathers escaped from Spain to the Dominican Republic about the time of Franco and WWII because they barely had anything to eat.
They did well in the new world and stayed there to build a future for their children.

they still come in mass, although the atlantic is a natural frontier between us

We kind of did during the late 90's and early 00's. But spain's economy weakend recently (and life here got better) most expats came back.
And well,spain and the spaniards are alright i think

Spain is a shithole

and telenovelas
they used to be pretty big here

Mexican citizen on a student visa here.

>Is it because of being geographically far away?
Partially. Not a lot of Cambodian immigrants in Saudi Arabia.

>Is it because the colonies were established and released many more years ago?
>Not necessarily, im/emigration rates are much higher between the UK and the US than they are, for example, between The Netherlands and Indonesia.

I'd say the spectrum of pathos is comprable to that between the US and the UK, but more varied. Indians and Hispanics tend to have radically different views as well.

>What do the Spanish think of Latin America and the various countries that used to be colonies?
Can't say for sure, I haven't met any spaniards. I read the comments section on El Pais (spanish newspaper) sometimes though, and whenever Mexico is brought up the commenters defend it. They are supposably somewhat disdainful of us though.

Is there a lot of cultural exchange that happens in the same way that the USA and Britain watch each other's TV shows and more or less keep up as countries?
Yeah, it's probably comparable, though we have a lot more "Canadas" to keep up with too.

The real reason Latin Americans move to the US instead of Spain? Pic related.

Because, despite the problems, Latin Americans are proud of living here. Besides that, living in Latin Americans countries (except some exceptions) is not bad as people think on Sup Forums, You can live quietly very good

A) Spain has an ocean dividing it

B) Spain has no jobs

Because Spain is poor so there isn't job opportunities at all. Come on, America, you're not that dumb.

but we don't get spanish soap operas here
a pity because i wanted to see Águila Roja and El Barco

We don't speak the language.
vocaroo.com/i/s1ORZFrBCh9x

>being autistic enough to learn a dead language more useless than latin

wow

Is this some kind of Aztec?

its Nahuatl

>El salvador

Afaik Spain was flooded with southamericans a few decades ago.

But in these days, spanish people are migrating here for a better life... Such is life

vocaroo.com/i/s0IYhNFi4RKr

We did, before the 2008 crisis.
I'm still here, but now people dont come anymore.

>Literally third world countries calling Spain "poor"

Fucking subhuman pieces of shit, How can you get access to internet? Putos muertos de hambre

Go use the vosotros form you tapa loving faggot

Filipinos love learning Spanish even though it isn't an official language.

El internet no es un lujo

You know even "vosotros" what means? Retarded, We use "vosotros" that means "you" in plural

They did massively come here, you just happened to not know it. Spain is has one of largest percentages of immigrants in Europe, IIRC, se are at 85% Spaniards currently.

Spaniards are massive faggots, worst posters on Sup Forums undisputed

i like spain, i don't know why any south american should be mad at spain/spaniards

Spain? More like ASSpain am I right? haha!

I really really want live in spain but the actual situation in spain is worse than chile, and I've a better life here

Wow, you proved him wrong on a point he didn't raise! That'll teach him!

>vocaroo.com/i/s0IYhNFi4RKr

>worse than in Chile
Has the memery about Spain transcended reality so much that people actually believe we are at the brink of poverty?

not bad but here is better for me, my quality life is much better than the average spaniard

Nice memes

Then I'm pretty sure you are just rich.

are you delutional? Spain is still being the most advanced hispanic country by far. Educate yourself.

>IHDI
How many more of these meme measurements will we have?

It's because of our cultural ties to Spain, even our language has a lot of words borrowed from spanish.

>Flock to Spain
People used to (I have some family who went there due to current politics situation in Venezuela as they already have citizenship due to our family).

No jobs so people either do shit like work menial jobs in tourism or go home/elsewjere

>Spain and Spanish
Ok people, I have spanish citizenship but wil likely never use it. Only butthurt amerindians and communists hate Spain.

>Cultural exchange
Not really to add onto this, they have different dubbing hence
>ONDA VITAL

this

Kek

>veas en vez de veais
a la basura se va

Used to hate them. Now you seem them even more around here and don't care that much.
>What do the Spanish think of Latin America and the various countries that used to be colonies?
They only laugh at us and some of them want to live here.