AMD Ryzen X370 & B350 Asus Motherboard Prices Leaked – Launching February 24th

>Asus AM4 motherboards for AMD’s upcoming Ryzen CPUs have been listed online for pre-order with their specs, prices & launch dates made public. The motherboards include two medium-range models featuring the B350 chipset and two high-end models featuring the X370 chipset. The specific models are the Asus Prime B350M-A, Prime B350-PLUS, Prime X370-PRO and the Crosshair VI Hero.

>According to the product pages of all four boards, they’re slated for release on the 24th of February. Which is less than two weeks from now. Ryzen CPUs are expected to be available on shelves approximately a week later on March 2nd. The retailer that has listed these AM4 motherboards is eyo, one of the biggest Australian PC hardware retailers.

>Before we get into the specs and prices I should point out that because these product listings are for the Australian market, the prices are out of whack due to currency exchange rates, value added tax and other import fees. In fact, we looked at existing AMD and Intel motherboards on the same site and found prices to be on average 40% higher than US retail prices when compared to Amazon and Newegg.

That's really cheap AMD wins!

The price on USA dollar

Wait can I OC on B350?

Yes but remember we have no info about what phasing solution they have and how well the motherboards hold with overclocking. It could be same gimping AMD did with the AM3 line up where people raved about the 970Chipset and it was totally shit for overclocking and causing housefires. So wait and see.

>asus
i'll be waiting for based asrock to make inexpensive boards with decent power delivery

Yes.

>Asus dirt cheap motherboard price

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

Guess we'll have to see then, be good if I can OC. It is only 65w TDP for the one I want too so I doubt its gonna run that hot.

No Jewtel chipset

Yeah of course but even if it won't "technically run hot". We have no idea if they gimp the phasing and cooling solution and other components on the motherboards.
So can only wait and see.

Seriously?

I didn't know chipset cost so much.

Intel are the only ones making chipsets for Intel processors so they can charge whatever they want.

Used to be different when there were third party chipsets. Also with AMD because they aren't Jews.

By this logic other AMD Ryzen brand mobo like Biostar will only price at $15.

Chipsets go from $20 to $50

More like 50$ for the low end ones.

Meanwhile at Intel you have to pay more for a B250 board than for the Pentium G4560. And with H110 you'll never know if it supports Kaby out of the box.

Chipsets on AM4 boards are made by ASSmedia, which equals to poor USB and SATA performance when compared to Intel chipsets.

Wasn't the chipset integrated into the cpu?

My previous two motherboards are Asus, I don't know if I should go with a different brand, I always seem to have a power problems with asus, and sometimes when I put my computer to sleep mode, it never wakes up, not entirely sure if it's the mobo's fault or not.

NB yes, but mobo's shipping with *insert-your-chipset-here* should tell you something.

Only part of it, mainly the latency critical I/O.
The rest goes on the motherboard.

WHERE THE MINI ITX AT

Cheap motherboards wow.

Ryzen 1700 + B350 should be enough for me.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck, AMD wins!

>listings are for the Australian market
so it's 40% cheaper for the rest of the world?

Any news on ITX boards?
ATX is obsolete

>tfw I have some spare money
>I can now build a mini-itx aside from my main comp
>Cheaper Ryzen / MB
Looking great famalam

if i'm going to build a pc, is it worth holding off until ryzen releases?

>ATX is obsolete
the fuck are you on about?

Yes

Yes, potentially it will be better than Intel's cpu's, and be cheaper.

If you want to play safe and see how Zen fairs, I'd wait.

hory shet
finally I'll upgrade from my homeless tier c2d setup

We hope it will be as good, reality & history unfortunately lean heavily in the direction of itll suck balls.
Id just buy the pc now user.

I 'like' the idea of a low wattage cpu done on a smaller node doing the same work as a larger node cpu at the same wattage,. I also like the idea of low wattage cpus. Would like to see comparisons to the low wattage cpus,along with the 'fastest' cpus when they come out.
Interesting to see if in actuality the smaller node electronics uses less wattage than the larger nodes. They are getting pretty small

thanks for your contribution mister intel marketer, but you are too obvious

are you me?
still running E4500 here

First of all, I want to see micro-ATX boards.

And they better not be more expensive than the Intel counterpart.

this is pretty good news, if Zen++ is going to be as great as this I might be building a full AMD machine in 2020

I hope they keep their game on for the years to come

I wish I was a marketer for intel. Im afraid I am not. Merely pointing out the truth instead of posting blinkered bollocks like you always do.

~30% less for usd, 10% less for sales tax (gst)

>20$ less than their Intel counterparts
INTELFAGS BTFO

>implying there's anything wrong with waiting 2 weeks

unless your life depends on a new pc, those 2 weeks can save you a lot of money

oh here comes poor pajeet again

>actually believing amd have finally pulled off a masterstroke and produced a cpu that can go toe to toe with the intels.

God forbid you wait those 2 weeks to see for yourself you have to BUY INTEL NOW!!!

amd made 1 "bad" arch, intel has made 3 bad ones in that same time frame they they outright killed and are riding the coattails of the pentium III so... track record goes to amd here, as shitty as bulldozer is, they did fairly good with its newer iterations.

jim keller has yet to make a single bad cpu.
I don't so much trust amd, as I fully trust him.

what the fuck is even in a modern chipset that most consumers will care about?

with the advent of on-die PCIe controllers and NMVe drives, is it just for a handful of SATA and USB ports?

I want to throw my FX 6100 into the thrash and get the 1700x/1800x and build a good workstation for minimal bucks. Does anybody know what's the difference between the 1800x and 1700x beside 200mhz clock difference? Does it have more lanes?

x300 where? Does anybody care?

The only difference is better binning.

well, it looks like 10 usb 3.1 gen1 2 sub 3.1 gen2 and 6usb2 ports

along with 8 pcie 2 and possibly 8 pcie 3, as i think there are only 16 pcie3 on cpu

Yeah but how many chokes around the CPU socket?

Needs more phases!

what for if x370 is less than $200?

binning, base clock, boost clock

Im getting an 1800x based on the fact I have had my cpu for 7 years, may as well get the best one if im likely going to keep it for just as long and its in the same price range, but if there is next to no difference between a 1700x and 1800x i may go 1700x

> SATA, USB, and PCIe 2.0 x8

fuck, AMD should've gone the Xeon-D route and just gone full SoC.

Does x370 do itx?

cost more per cpu and be useless when mcming, they did the right thing by doing it as minimal as possible and offloading some of the shit to a chipset.

who the actual fuck cares, get a real computer case for fuck sake and not your god damn toy.

I have no brand loyalty I just buy whichever board has an EK full cover block first

I already have a work machine. I want the toy. I want to stuff a large meaty graphic card and nhd15 on an itx board like the madlads.

Finally, ASUS has their design flair back on track

That 12 phase audio gaymen mark-up though, no dual-NICs

How should I choose which motherboard I should get for my next build? Does it really matter if I'm unsure if I'm gonna be going down the crossfire road? Though if what 's image says is true and the B350-Plus is one of the mobos pictured with more than one PCIe slot then I'll be golden anyway, right? I'm gonna be getting a 1600X and RX480 if that matters.

It doesn't really matter, unless you want to do crossfire, which is still a meme at this point. Just get the mobo which has whatever ports you need

There's enough on die for laptops and mini PC which is probably where they aimed it as a soc. Obviously those two markets are more for raven ridge. It gets better on nipples chips as they expose everything, giving 128 pcie and 8sata to each socket natively.

I'm just hoping there are reasonably priced b350 boards with decent (not great) power delivery, I only want a 4ghz 8core.

Nice one, thanks man.

How much does watercooling your mainboard actually help while overclocking?

Enjoy 2010 tier Intel specs.

>cost more per cpu and be useless when mcming, they did the right thing by doing it as minimal as possible and offloading some of the shit to a chipset.

This. Naples MCM sockets will each have 8 DDR4 controllers and 128 PCIe lanes for NVMe and will not be fucking around with SATA or USB.

A 4c SoC variant with on-die 10GbE and 6+ (10-12 ideally) SATA ports would be a fiendish NAS CPU though.

Wheres them ITX at, i need the loli board in my PC.

At least AMD is less susceptible to have integrated NSA backdoors designed for all lakes.

Biostar and ASRock have plans made up for a few, but I'm not sure if they have been made yet. Other vendors have nothing at the moment, they seem to be waiting and seeing the reception to Ryzen. Could be summer till the dust settles and we see good ITX boards.

>Why can you pay less for more when you can pay MORE for less

wat

Ryzen is 2014 intel specs (IPC) which happen to be really close to 2016 intel specs (IPC)

Minimalism, the phrasing is ambiguous. More isn't always better nor correlated to price.

Can't tell you in detail. I just remember the phases getting hot on a Z77 board and the fluid getting warmer when I added them to my loop.
I took that as confirmation that it does something. Going by the size of the heatsink that block replaced, it's something to care about.
But wether it helps stability or simply keeps them from blowing up I don't even know.

If this X370-Pro has as abysmal VRM configuration as the H270 counterpart, then the Crosshair with it's gaymingesque design will be the only board with decent VRM (confirmed by the you-know-who AMD tourtoise on certain forums) available at launch.

Damn Asus, bring a mATX board similar to X99-M WS or like the best p67/z68 pro and deluxe like boards.

Same here. A B350 mATX with good VRM cooling would be perfect for a 1600X or a 1700X. I guess the X370 chipset would be the one to get for really high OC on the 1800X or the extra m.2, SLI or SATA capabilities.

Which one of these is enough to have me set for gaming for the next couple of years? B350-PLUS?

>$100+ for a B150 competitor
>$380 for a fucking Z270 competitor
AMD is fucking done

No, there is a special "chipset" for ITX boards, which might not be chipsets at all since the additional PCIe lanes go to waste on an ITX board

That's an aussie burgers man.

I guess I will stick with Intel this year if AMD is not willing to make SFF chipsets. Especially since that's the direction that desktop PC is heading towards. Who the hell want a big ugly tower when you can have a SFF PC hidden behind your monitor.

The only ITX leak so far was a Biostar board. x300 is the ITX "chipset"

Tell me the truth, is Biostar still shit?

How much ITX boards did Skylake have 2 weeks before launch?

Kabylake had 12 in h270 and z270 at launch.

Kabylake is skylake with worse temps, anything that works on Skylake works on Kaby, I'm asking how much did Skylake at launch have?

Skylake is two fucking years ago, why won't you talk about Intel's latest launch? What type of autism am I talkin to here?

Because Skylake is FUCKING Kabylake, half of the new motherboards are recycled from the last launch, a year was more than enough time to make some ITX boards.

Kabylake is 15% on average faster than their Skylake counterpart. You understand Intel's tick-tock-optimization progression?

Kaby is NOT 15% higher performance. Absolutely not.

They have 24x pcie lanes on die. More can be added through a external chipsets though most people wont need them..

laughed a little

>Kabylake is 15% on average faster than their Skylake

>Kabylake is 15% on average faster than their Skylake counterpart.

so the real intel shills do exist
next will be proven backdoors a real thing

>what is Intel Management Engine

its documented though