What is your impression of someone who doesn't have a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat?

What is your impression of someone who doesn't have a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat?

They probably don't like social media.

That he has Sup Forums autism

probably a loner with no friends

A good person.

They are smarter than the avearge.

That he's a true Sup Forums autist, like me except I'm somehow superior because at least I'm aware of how spergy it is

I'd tell them to install Gentoo and if they replied back by calling me a CIA nigger or nigger cattle, I'd have a friend for life.

Possibly they are of an older generation. I have facebook & twitter but only use fb for getting a shag.

Are you liking your first day on Sup Forums?

I really don't care what other people do.
I have Facebook and that's it.

good i like the pepe meme xD

Out of that 4 I only have a twitter account with a fake name, cock.li email and Mei pic to follow 1-2 other accounts.

Cool dude.

>Facebook
A bit weird but understandable
>Twitter
No shits given
>Snapchat
>Instagram
Anyone who uses that loses my respect immediately

We all use VKontakte here (:

hey can you tell me more about VK?!

can i make an account as a foreigner there ... am i going to be accepted?!

is it all in cyrillic?! how do i attract users to my brand for example when i have one

VK is a mystery to me

I have a Facebook and Instagram account. I don't use Facebook other than to prove that I exist and answer the odd "We should catch up sometime" message I get every two months with "Sure, man!" only to never hear from them again. I hide my birthday so no one will know when it is and spam my wall with generic niceties. My profile hasn't been updated in years so it can be a little awkward. I plan to just make a new one sometime.

Instagram is pretty chill. There's less expectation that you have to impress with an epic embellished story so I just post my DIY and cooking stuff there. Not following fucking Starbucks hipsters and poorfags trying to look glamorous on boats helps a lot.

Twitter and Snapchat are literally cancer.

Privacy nut/ no friends

Or friends who are also privacy nuts

This exactly

I don't care.

>can i make an account as a foreigner there ... am i going to be accepted?!
Sure, look at the bottom of the page, you can switch interface language to English.

>is it all in cyrillic?!
No.

>how do i attract users to my brand for example when i have one
What? I don't understand.

>VK is a mystery to me
It's actually easier to use than Facebook.

maybe you should just go to the site and discover the answers in a few clicks?

>facebook
a reunion of retards sharing pure autismo. I have a fake account with 0 likes, shares or friends just to chat with one friend and a group of other friends.
>twitter and snapchat
cancer
>instagram
have 3 pictures, use mostly to find and follow qties and show the girls I know that I exist. As this user said, its pretty chill, follow just who you want so you don't receive any cancerous shit and you are good.
>tfw setted up a date with a girl that ended in a motel in instagram :^)

Your opinions about social media as a jaded bitter loser don't mean shit.

my personal impression?

he is one of four things
>aware of the mass surveillance world we live in (he knows about the "botnet")
>is a criminal
>is old person or simply from another country (likely poorer nations)
>has legitimate psychological/mental/personality-related issues like paranoia, assburgers, autism, schizo, etc

t. Butthurt snapshitter

Yeah... clearly I'm the butthurt one here.

>Not using Snapchat to showcase your adventures throughout the day and letting people envy how much fun you are having

>t. Friendless losers

Social problems.

Likely autism.

they read books or do something else instead of wasting their time seeking dank memes.

it's a good thing and i like that person.

What if he has social phobia?

Haha me too friend reee xDDDDD

>my personal impression?
>he is one of four things
>>aware of the mass surveillance world we live in (he knows about the "botnet")
>>is a criminal
>>is old person or simply from another country (likely poorer nations)
>>has legitimate psychological/mental/personality-related issues like paranoia, assburgers, autism, schizo, etc
Knowing of the mass surveillance will make anyone paranoid

then it fits under the last one
>has legitimate psychological/mental/personality-related issues
>etc

No Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat is OK.
Facebook then something has to be wrong

I literally only have Facebook but never post anything. I just like to stalk everyone. The others are cancer.

>something has to be wrong
Neo Sup Forums everyone. Fuck mobile posters and fuck /r/the_donald aka Sup Forums for putting the last nail in 4chans coffin

How do I keep my power level under wraps, lads?

>Knowing of the mass surveillance will make anyone paranoid

agreed, but i would say there is a difference between paranoia due to a disorder, and simply adjusting your behavior once you realize what is really going on

>TFW there's a bunch of older guys at my job who are more active on FB than me
>instagram and twitter is a place for idiots to let other idiots know that they are idiots
>I've hardly ever seen snapchat used by anyone other than a basic bitch or some dude trying to get into said basic bitchs pants

i dont use any of the 4

my closest friends still use fb but i just saw no need and deleted it around 5 years ago

my gf doesnt use any of the 4 either so that is probably a big part of it

Facebook is literally caring what other people do and nothing else.

You underestimate the ignorance most people have of that. They're well aware of the surveillance that's going on but they use the "nothing to hide" excuse.

True but there are multiple degrees of paranoia and multiple ways to deal with it.
thats an excuse most people give themselves as a mean of trying to stay in the dark (avoid knowing about it) and avoid paranoia.
ie: they choose the blue pill.

Future shooter. As always on valentine's day me and my current girlfriend are going to spend the day tomorrow at my place for safety reasons.

I don't know. People seem to be quickly moving away from sharing things about themselves and more sharing what they see online. Whenever I open it up it looks more like a tossup between Digg and 9gag. Facebook is much more different than it was years ago and that's why they're investing into doomed projects. I think the idea that Facebook users share too much is moreorless a myth at this point.

Granted, there's the occasional retard but those seem to be the type of people that share too much in general.

I'm not even that guy. It's just that this thread is specifically asking for our pointless opinions about things we don't use because we're all friendless losers. You're the one that seems, dare I say it, offended.

>I don't know

>facebook
I'm boring and nothing interesting happens in my life so no point.
>Instagram
Same as above but also because I don't really care about my phone that much since its a shit one.
>Twitter/Snapchat
Never used these.

>tfw only use facetube for car and tech news but family members keep sending me friend requests

Someone who cares about privacy, so probably someone I'd get on with.

There's RSS feeds for that.

these

I use all 4. I'm a normie hehe xDDDDD!!!!"1212

At least we still have /tech/, which is not safe of Sup Forumstards of course.

>Facebook
Meh, only idiots post shit or share shit. Good for groups and catching up.
>Twitter
Absolute retarded attention whore trash
>Instagram
If you're a guy, the only acceptable reason to use this is to follow qt girls and screenshot their shit as fap material. Literally no other reason to use this trash.
>Snapchat
Only reason to use this is for nudes or sending random shit to friends once in a blue moon. The whole streak thing is for retarded sheep and posting shit on your "story" is just attention whoring.

A normal rational human being with average amount of contacts. There really is no requirement to be hyper-social, people can still contact you and have good time.

Above average. I check social media before I hire. If they have no social media I consider that a big plus. People who aren't addicted to social apps are much better employees: more productive, less distracted, more socially adept at real world conversation, and just better adjusted in general.

tryhard, weed user, believes in chemtrails, atheist, anti-vaccination

I don't even know what situation I would be in where I would know whether or not someone uses social media.

>I check social media before I hire
>If they have no social media I consider that a big plus

Well, that actually was a good twist.

I think I could have got laid if I had a facebook account true story.

I was talking to some girl, and me and her hung around after class. One day she asks for my Facebook and I tell her I don't have one, she says "wtf how do you not have a FB" I quickly make up some bullshit like "oh I don't like all the arguments, I prefer texting all my friends, that way I don't have to see all the annoying fights." It gets really awkward and we never talk again. I think, fuck this I need to make a new one to make sure I don't have to deal with looking like a weirdo again. She adds me after I re-enable my old account, but I only have like 15 friends so I look like even more of a weirdo. She was defianlty the hottest girl I have talked to. I'm talking to a new girl now and she is so cute, I hope facebook or my lack of social skills and friends doesn't cock block me again. God damn it. Fucking facebook.

>>is old person or simply from another country (likely poorer nations)
kek, itąs 2017 man, you will never meet a person without internet access.

I'm a privacy nut with friends who are 80% normies.
They don't give a shit. There are enough ways to communicate with them other than social media.

The key is to word it in ways that nornalfags approve of. For example, say something like "Facebook selling my information kind of creeps me out" rather than "THE BOTNET IS INFRINGING UPON MY FREEDOMS AND I REFUSE TO USE IT" or some shit.

I'd think he's a psychopath (or a freetard)

I never met one. I could be first, but I use twitter. It's easy way to get rid of annoying thoughts like "post it somewhere & forget".
>impression
Well, the first I'll think that he is very decisive person. Avoiding botnet on purpose could be really hard nowdays. He maybe have a strong belief about how things should be.
Then i'll take a look at his face and usual outfit. If he is ugly (has acne, nerdy look, bad smell etc.), then he probably got bullied at school and still haven't managed to recover social skills.
If not, well, he's just smart person. Like Snowden or such.

How does it feel knowing no one cares what you think?

A good person.

What's worse/more creepy?

Not having Facebook?
Or having Facebook with zero friends and no profile picture?

>has legitimate psychological/mental/personality-related issues like paranoia, assburgers, autism, schizo, etc

You forgot avoidant

>trying to get other people on a non shit messanger
>but user everyone already has messenger
>but its not end to end encrypted friend
>who cares

I-i do

>a reunion of retards sharing pure autismo. I have a fake account with 0 likes, shares or friends just to chat with one friend and a group of other friends.

This was my case as well, I was convinced to create one, after a couple of years I deleted it. Then I made another one to talk to some people, at some point I only had it to talk to one person, then that person got Steam so I deactivated the Facebook account and talked to him on Steam (didn't even play), eventually we stopped talking so that was the end.

Wanna talk with someone? Call

Wanna see someone? Visit

People on social media don't really give a flying fuck about you.

being anti social doesn't mean you're sick you stupid fuck.

I respect those people because they're just like me

To begin with, not using social media doesn't mean that you are anti-social.

There are autists on facebook that don't know how to talk to a person.

I don't have any and I'm socially acceptable.
Here you're considered weird if you don't have WhatsApp (I deleted it for a month but society forced me to use it again).

I probably wouldn't think about anything. Some people have accounts, some people have accounts but never use them, and some people just don't care enough or have other, valid reasons for not having accounts. Those are all fine.

I have a cushy freelance SEO job, and I hate social media but its part of the job description.
I have a facebook account with zero friends and everything private to soley to administrate pages and buy ads.
All my twitter accounts are corporate accounts, not personal. Same with instagram, G+, youtube etc.
My google account is just for GA, Adwords, and Google Business. No personal G+

I manage to "do" social media without actually being "on" social media, and its pretty nice that way.

This is exactly how I feel. Fuck all that other nonsense I just use Instagram for cool pictures or videos from work, and follow other people who also post cool pictures. You're not bombarded with bullshit you don't give a damn about.

Most people I know have none.

That they're normal

>Knowing of the mass surveillance will make anyone paranoid
I'm too apathetic to care at this point. Sure the government knows everything about me, but I'm not that interesting. I feel bad for that NSA agent that has to comb through my folder when I get drunk and read up on shit like pedophiles and ISIS.

If they're 40+ I wouldn't be surprised. If they're 18-30 like me then I'd be surprised but I'd automatically assume they're intelligent enough at least to not want to interact with the unwashed masses. Facebookers are fucking braindead. Twitter is stupid too. I don't have an account but I sometimes visit to see what's going on in the world. Then there's Instagram and Snapchat. The only people who use those are stupid teenage sluts and numale attention whores. I lose respect for anyone using the last two. As long as they use those applications I will see them as less intelligent, and I will always be sure to treat them like children when I explain things. They also can't be trusted with anything important, as they'll likely fuck it up. I despise Snapchat users. They're the untouchables of the normie caste system. Even Pajeets are on a higher level than Snapchat users. At least they can cook curry which is a somewhat useful skill. Snapchat users just take up space which could be used for other things, like clean air.

Or you just don't need it.
Deleted my facebook account a few months ago, because I never used it.
Never understood what twitter/snapchat/instagram are good for.
Can we reverse this thread? I would like to hear why and for what Sup Forums is using social media?

The only social media app I use is meef. I use it to fuck foreign women. Have only used it to meet Korean girls this far. My wife does not know. She's Korean.

She makes me use instagram which I have recently deleted. Cannot stand snapchat Facebook or Twitter. I only have a twitter but never use it. No tweets in past 3 years

Social media is for people who wish to waste their lives away clicking refresh button and reading mundane things about people they never meet, rather than enjoying life or at least I'd prefer to spend my time watching horse racing and betting money and smoking weed.

They probably have alternatives that work just fine for them or they object to social media for reasons that make sense to them. I respect their decisions and am happy to communicate via email or phone.

>is for people who wish to waste their lives away clicking refresh button and reading mundane things about people they never meet
sounds like 4chen

It's all yours

Delete this please

Yeah fuck us for telling things like they are.

I don't have a facebook or any other accounts. I am 34

I graduated college with lots of friends and maintained friendships with people I had known since I was 15 till I was 26, I had a good job and lots of people liked me, I was fit and had a girlfriend.

then I my drinking got out of control and I lost my job, I have been drinking for years now and don't know how to stop, I work a shit job now despite having a good college degree and once being successful. I go to work, drink and go home. I don't have a TV and live in a shitty little apartment alone.

I don't have a facebook because I don't want anyone to know what happened to me.

I think about and miss my old friends every day but I am to ashamed to talk to them, in their eyes i basically just dropped off the face of the earth one day. I know two of them on separate occasions hunted down my parents and asked them where I was and what was going on, that part just kills me

I purposefully do not make new friends because i don't want anyone to know what I do every day.

I often wonder how long I will live but I don't think about killing myself

I wonder every day if I got cleaned up if my friends would take me back, I missed all their weddings.

too ashamed

>What is your impression of someone who doesn't have a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat?
/ourguy/

Make alcoholic friends, problem solved

Smart person with better things to do. Social media is one of the worst things ever. Brings no real value to the world and gives people an inflated sense of importance, all while tracking their activities and things that should be kept private end up sitting in a server farm somewhere

It got awkward with the girl because you started qualifying yourself to her instead of saying something short like "I don't have time for that shit". There are plenty of valid reasons not to use FB but if you get all weird and self conscious when people ask you about it, or start second-guessing yourself people pick up on that

>Make alcoholic friends, problem solved

that would end badly

are you me? ever thinking about just start over, i am and its crushing to go through all the shit but feels better bc every so often i realize i dont need to hit the bottle as much as i used to feel like i do

>are you me? ever thinking about just start over, i am

start over how, I would not even know where to begin

my work history looks like

>went to college
>graduated high in class
>went to work for major investment firm for 5 years
>quit and got a job at near minimum wage moving carpet in a warehouse for 8 years

even if i were magically sober starting now, how would i explain that work history and get a decent job