Munich considers dumping Linux and going back to Windows...10

Loonix fails again...

Window 10 reigns supreme.

zdnet.com/article/linux-flagship-munichs-u-turn-install-windows-10-everywhere-by-end-of-2020/

Other urls found in this thread:

omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/07/munich-city-saves-millions-going-open-source
linuxvoice.com/the-big-switch/
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2423164/munich-officials-are-sick-of-linux-and-want-windows-back
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We've had x threads about it already.

Basically the mayor is in bed with Microsoft. Microsoft moved their HQ into Munich. Munich commissioned a company with ties to Microsoft to look into their IT. And surprise, they said they should be using Microsoft.

OMG! This is terrible! Better start a protest! NOT MY OS! NOT MY OS! NOT MY OS! NOT MY OS! NOT MY OS! NOT MY OS!

BOTNET

>this thread again.
We have it every year or so.
They have saved a lot of money and the project have run for a long time.
Some microsoft shill claims that the project have failed and they want to switch back, but they haven't so far and I don't think it is likely that they will do so now.

Munich is the San Franscisco of Germany

who the hell cares what they are up to

Old news is old.

>They have saved a lot of money
Nope, it has cost a fortune in lost productivity.

But it's not confirmed yet? Just a proposal until a decision is made. And if it doesn't pass this time, it'll just come up again and again until it does.

>They have saved a lot of money and the project have run for a long time.
>Nope, it has cost a fortune in lost productivity.
Do you guys have any statistics or sources at all to back up either of those statements? I'm willing to accept even a biased, microsoft sponsored statistic here.

source?
Last time they released figures, they claimed they have saved $13 millions, and that was 2.5 years ago.
The people who claim that it is trouble, more expensive seem to be people employed by microsoft, not people involved in the project.

and they base their decision on a report made by some guy affiliated with microsoft.
Very smart.

Anyway, that's not related to linux being bad or good, it's all related with microsoft visiting once in a while munich and moving to this city. It's just a question of money

>windows 10 dominion lasting till 2020

>They have saved a lot of money and the project have run for a long time.
see You can easily find articles talking about it
omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/07/munich-city-saves-millions-going-open-source

>Nope, it has cost a fortune in lost productivity.
I could read this sentence here and there but never found anything about it. It's like some guy said this and online articles are parroting him

I don't really care what operating system people outside of Sup Forums use

I bet Microsoft is paying them to go back.

Migrations are always extremely costly, in either direction, and it's pretty stupid to do the whole city too. I don't think the move to Linux was good either.

the source they cited for this was
linuxvoice.com/the-big-switch/

The munic guys claim they have saved €10 million, HP rebuttals and say the project cost them €60 million.
I don't find the 60 million plausible, even if all licenses would be free, but I don't have the same numbers they do.

There would not be any financial reason to switch back to windows at this point anyway.
Sticking to libreoffice makes sense and they have the infrastructure to develop and maintain their own distro, so why throw that away just to pay money to microsoft instead?
Wouldn't it always be better to keep a few people employed to work directly on your issues than to fire them just to pay licenses to some american company.

That's not even including the spaghetti that HP started dropping when confronted about it, from your article:
>“We contacted HP and said: ‘Nice numbers, how did you calculate them’? And they said ‘Uh, um, that was an internal paper and not supposed to be published…’ They published a summary, but it was not clear for anyone to see how they calculated.”

this article is also relevant.
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2423164/munich-officials-are-sick-of-linux-and-want-windows-back

The way the website is titled (and the image underneath) it seems like they want to switch away from linux, but the article seems to something else.

there is clearly a lot of biased people when it comes to reporting on this subject.

LINKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH HOW CAN THEY EVEN RECOVER

>be ms
>winsows 10 has legal access to anything on the hdd
>govs install it on pc's dealing with the populations data
>???
>profit

Communism never worked cucks. Windows will always beat linux.

at what?
Get with the times grandma.

fucking shit krauts don't understand good things

>Munich
Who cares.

It's because they rolled their own instead of just using Ubuntu.

>Krauts too stupid for linux
are you really surprised?