What was your first computer?

What was your first computer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WSqxK1QIcAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

year 2000
pentium 133 mhz, windows 98, 2 GB hdd
struggled with starcraft

Whatever a high end pc from 1999 would have been. Now if it was the first PC I ever bought with my own money then it was a thinkpad

Some beige shit
How am I supposed to remember, I was like 10

Don't know first but second was pic related

The Sam's Club special.

I first had a TRS80
Then I got a Commodore 64

My third computer, first IBM compat PC, was a hand me down 8088. Bear in mind 586s were already common at the time. Poorfag as fuck

>1999
>486DX2 66MHz
>~170 MB HDD
>Windows 95
>No sound card (with a number of failed attempts to get one working)

Spectravideo, can't remember which model. Soon after that a Commodore 64, then years later a 386.

Pentium 100 MHz
16(?) MB RAM
Some Sound Blaster 16 clone that had a fugly cyan VGA UI for tweaking settings and making annoying noises.

Was amazing at Duke3D and Quake; friend was stuck on a crappy Packard Bell 486 and could barely run either without slideshow framerates.

Some old Compaq laptop.

First computer in the house, ~199something - only remember it was MS-DOS, mainly for my dad's work stuff
First shared computer with big brother, ~2002-2003 - prebuilt, no idea on the original specs, started out with Windows ME, upgraded many many times, brother still uses the Antec Sonata Piano Black case
First own computer, 2007 - Custom, don't remember the original specs apart from the ALiveXFire-eSATA2 motherboard and ugly as sin NZXT Apollo case

>1996
>Pentium 120MHz
>48MB EDO RAM
>1.2GB HDD
>S3 Trio
>28.8kbps modem
>some kind of sound blaster
>15" SVGA monitor
>Windows 95

>486 in 1999
I'm so sorry. even my Pentium was becoming very outdated by then.

This right here windows 95 i think either that or 98

>second pc
>mfw celuron d
>20-28 fps halo 1 low settings

C64, but switched to pic related.

some emachine gateway pc

1987 Atari 520ST
Got it as a hand me down around 1990.
most of you niggers are fucking young as shit.

If you got a computer as a hand-me down in 1990 you must have been born at least before like 1976-78, which officially makes you old as sin.

Anyways, I'm basically still an embryo compared to Methuselah over here, so my first computer was a Thinkpad R31

IBM 5150

Soviet-made Commodore clone produced shortly before the fall of The Union.

Amiga 600

First one was a Pentium 133 with windows 98, two hard drives about 10 gig each, motherboard had parallel PCI and ISA.
Can't remember more than that since the dude died years ago by electrical failure.

I still have the two disks and some peripherials tho.

My first very own computer was an acer aspire one, one of the later models with windows xp.
120 gigs sata disk, 1.5 GB ram, probably a celeron? I forgot. It died last summer by electrical discharge from a shitty charger. Shit i was about to install San Andreas on that thing. It went out with a bang.

Fantastic machine.
After the c128 i went with Jack and had 520, 1040 and mega 1. Everything is still working like a charm.

I'm 31. Got the atari when I was 4 or 5.

Amiga something. It was a hand me down. When I was 8 got a windows 95 PC for the whole family. I've been on the internet for 20 years since. Back then there was kids chat rooms. Talked to children from all the world. I wonder if any of them were actually old men. Lmao.

I didn't have a hard drive, just a 3.5" flaccid. Every time you started it was like a fresh install.

some random dell laptop

>kids chat rooms
beseen chats ftw. i got my first screen name because of a dbz chat.
also messaging random people on aim just because we had similar interest listed. saw my first pair of tits because of those.

Atari ST

I'm older than you :)

If your answer isn't AMSTRAD then you aint shit

This was the most common config. The mega 1 in pic also doesn't have a HDD. It's just the "desktop ST". (I did not connect my megafile 060 to take the pic)

>britbong computers 3 years behind all the murrican stuff
was the spectrum too mainstream for you?

Ubuntu 5.10 for the win.

Nice to meet you, britbong.

Pentium 120Mhz
16 MB RAM
1.6 GB HDD
Diamond Edge3d 2MB
Sound Blaster 16
Sega Saturn controller card

NASCAR Racing, Panzer Dragon and Virtua Fighter were awesome.

Family didn't know shit about computers back then so who cares

also Irish not britbong. I lived a stones throw away from the huge Gateway plant they had in Dublin. Our first true "PC" was a Pentium 3, I remember my dad driving me into the plant grounds and we walked around the fucking showroom they had for their computers, looked like something from a car dealership

Wasn't my first computer. Btw. I really like Amstrads XT clones.

>I remember my dad driving me into the plant grounds and we walked around the fucking showroom they had for their computers, looked like something from a car dealership
That sounds fun. I miss when video game and computer stores were fun places to go.
>Irish not britbong
still britbong

it was something with an am486 dx-40, 8mb of ram and a 40mb hdd

i was using it mainly for word processing and shit

>still britbong
no you

also 90s cringe time, the security hut is the one I remember us driving past

youtu.be/WSqxK1QIcAk forgot the link

First computer parted by me. Dual booted NT and Redhat 4.0 in 1996. Four years later I got a sun ultra5 for college.

The FD from this lives on in my Pentium D Gateway

My first computer...

Ever? As in any computer at all?

I suppose it was a programmable calculator which was given to me to take to school with me in kindergarten in 1989. I have no idea which brand or maker it was other than it resembled this HP 12c programmable calculator. I know it had similar functions.

This type of calculator is a computer.

>1995
>486 DX2 66Mhz
>1 MB Trident video card
>8 MB RAM
>Floppy drive XD
>No multimedia kit

Running Win95 was comfy
Running Win98 and playing games on it blew my fucking tiny 7 year old mind

Objection! Win95 Plus was comfier.

Never used it. Went to XP after Win98

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k.

Z80 CPU 3.5Mhz
48 Kilobytes of RAM

I also had one of these a little later on. In the early 90s you could find these in thrift and junk stores and I loved to play with them and pretend I was using a computer.

It was really just a software and theme package, but it added a lot to the experience.

my grandmother bought me one of these for christmas when i was maybe 5 years old?
and these were still kinda pricey back in 2001, just entering the palm pilot era, so a quality casio organizer was 100$+

Changing mouse icons and system sounds were maximum comfy
>swapped log in sound with warning

the space theme that came with 98 plus! was fucking fantastic

Wasn't free

Does this count?

> 5 years old
> Back in 2001
I guess a was on a Rammstein concert when you was born... Damn, i still own bandshirts older than you. Fuck. I'm old.

Commodore VIC 20

captain kirk approved

My father gave it to me in order to get into programming. I guess it worked.

the only thing I had was a busted old windows 95 machine and crt monitor with no internet access.
I loved that thing, I learned how it worked, etc.

An old 286 PC/AT clone

I learned how to program in qbasic on it

Yes

A 2015 MacBook Pro my parents bought for me for my 14th birthday

a UNIX workstation is a great start for a budding computer scientist. Keep those math grades up muh man!

I had the exact, and I literally mean the exact same thing as my first computer as well.

my first personally owned computer

>tfw gramma bought it for me :3

A Compaq Presario

It had a Pentium 3, like 64 or 128 RAM and a 13 GB hard drive. Even Counter Strike ran like shit. It was already preowned and died shortly after I got it.

Then I got a Pentium 4 524 @3.06 Ghz, 256 RAM I upgraded to 1 GB, 80 GB HDD and a GeForce 6200. That was more decent.

First I used was some custom built one from some computer place near Northampton MA. It had a 200MHz Pentium, 32MB of RAM, a 2GB hard drive, an ISA SB16, and some S3 card. It lives in in a half completed state on my other desk. My first that I owned was a CTX EzBook 700E. It died a decade ago, and I bought another one to fuck around with last year, and had the pleasant surprise of finding that I saved the hard drive from my old one.

Radioshack Color Computer II

First programming language was also Color Basic, where the book I learned it from talked about how "in the future, computers may come with screens capable of displaying different colors" and talked about how you would control those colors, theoretically.

TI-99/4A

BSR 386sx-16mhz with 2MB of RAM and 256K VRAM VGA video. Yes, I'm older than dirt.

A 2500 dollar packardbell prebuilt with a radeon x600 powercolor card

I was like 10 and I thought I had made the deal of the century because the sales guy threw in a free Mx510 with my purchase

Pentium 3
256 mb ram
10 gb HDD
Or something like that

Year 2006 (third world country)

This shit right here...
Saved my code on an old cassette recorder.

I don't really remember, I think it was a Pentium or a 486. I was 6 years old and it was 1997.

My first decent computer had a P3 850 mhz. Played AOE2 like a boss.

286, 640kb of RAM, 20MB hard disk (IIRC), AND A FUCKING COLOR MONITOR

Ran Prince of Persia, Outrun and Wolfenstein

Best childhood ever.

>i wish i wasn't old

Never had the disk drive, just the tape drive, so I was limited to vidya (cartridges) and BASIC programs I typed in.

First computer I felt I could really do a lot with was a Mac Plus.

My uncle gave this to me back in 99. before that there were many family computers, but this one was MINE. Wish I kept this wonderful thing.

Apple IIGS

My mom was a school teacher. They let her bring it home. I played a lot of text adventure games and pretended typing jibberish into a text editor was code.

gateway 2000 windows 95
125mhz
16mb ram
1gig hard drive
Shit was $3000 for the desktop + monitor. My parents got it for me in 1996. I didnt even ask for it. It ended up changing my life though. there was a floppy disk version of win 95 17 floppies in all.

First computer was an old IBM ps/1 with windows 3.1.

This was my second PC with windows ME. first computer I had with internet.

Year 2003
Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB HDD
Ran GTA Vice City, Beach 2000, FIFA of the following 2 years, Halo CE. It was nice!

Oh shit I was just about to post almost this same thing. I was only about 5 years old or so when we got it so I don't remember barely any details except it looked alot like pic related, came with Windows 95 and I think a 1.3 GB hard drive. My dad told me we had one before it that ran DOS but I have only the faintest memories of it.

>tfw trying to delete random stuff to make room for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and ended up breaking it.

Macintosh Performa 630 CD
>68LC040 @ 33MHz
>8MB RAM
>250MB HDD
>Mac OS 8.1

dell dimension l800r

what a hunk of shit

First IBM compatible was a Magnavox 386sx 16mhz. My dad had a 286 compaq laptop with a CGA plasma screen before that I got to play on a bit, and first computer was a TI99/4a

I had a data set as well. BASIC programs were fun but I remember typing in that machine code from the back of Compute! magazines and the like and then trying to tweak it. Anyway, I quickly dumped the data set and managed to convince my parents to get me a 1541.

I actually wrote a text adventure game on a IIGS...for a class assignment. It was mostly condition statements and disk writes but still - pretty cool back in the day.

I am dead serious.

My childhood was fucking awesome. It came with a bunch of games and my dad put emulators on it for Sega Genesis and SNES along with a gorillion ROMs. Thats how I was able to play Crusader of Centy and Megaman X2/X3 as a kid.

>about to say "You must be 18 to post here"
>tfw 2005 was 12 years ago

Apple IIe. My grade school also had them up until they went with Pentiums, due to the Multimedia fad.

Some old generic Intel 80286 beige box running DOS, then Windows 1.0 then 3.11 Then eventually running Slackware in 1994 after none of my fucking 16 bit Windows applications would run on the win95 beta but everything had perfect working Linux alternatives.

I don't know how I convinced my mom to buy this. All I did was play Utopia on it.

First pc:
Pentium 4 3ghz single core
1gb ddr2
Geforce Gt8600
80gb
Win xp

are you me

Expensive beige laptop in 2008. How the fuck am I supposed to remember?