These things are going extremely cheap on clearance in my town Sup Forums should i pull the trigger?

These things are going extremely cheap on clearance in my town Sup Forums should i pull the trigger?

keep in mind i can get an i7-7500U pavilion for the same price but pavilions are plastic aren't they?

I would totally buy one.

I have a similar model I have ArchLinux and Steam on for roadtrips

Sitting it the backseat eating tendies and playing CrossCode is the best.

do you plan on this being your main pc or just a thing to tinker with and take to school and trips?

I already have a powerful pc user so the laptop would just be a travel companion as my job has me flying cross country all the time,

pic is the pavilion they're putting up for the same price.. pretty dope, you get an i7 + graphics cards but sacrifice the SSD.. and again plastic vs all aluminum envy

which would you choose user?

do you plan on dropping it a lot? if not buy the pavillion, the cooling in HP laptops is horrible you dont want the aluminium working like a heatsink frying your hands while you work

goddamn man my mind is telling me the pavilion too and they said they'd add a 128 GB SSD for 135$ but my dick is saying the envy, it is so goddamn sexy and has a fantastic keyboard.. it's basically lust vs logic at this point

sorry i meant 256GB SSD*

dont sacrifice power for a cool looking keyboard you are smarter than this, on the pavillion you might actually game, intel HD graphics are absolute shit

But user I already have a gaming PC.. just don't reply to this and I'll lie myself into ordering the envy thinking I have your silent approval

why come and ask for advice when you wont take it or even consider it, enjoy your lower performance and more heat output straight into your arms

Not even a choice, get the Pavilion, add SSD later, profit from the objectively better GPU.

Post a thread on Sup Forums on how this decision positively impacted your life.

Good luck.

HP is absolute shit man, i had an hp laptop for 7 years and it was horrific, you have to take the entire thing to clean the fan, which takes a shit ton of time instead of just popping the bottom like any sensible laptop manufacturer would,the cooling is absolutely horrific, it killed my hands in long sessions and even from 20 minutes of browsing it gets the entire thing hot

goddamn man you're making this harder

its your money man but the pavillion will last quite a lot more with those specs and you might be dissapointed later if you buy the envy

What's cheap?

I got a lenovo 310 with i5-7200u (kaby lake) with intel 620, 8 gigs of ddr4, and 1tb hdd for 330 bucks open box at best buy that has been amazing so far. 310 series is half plastic half metal body but still has access ports on the bottom if that matters to you (it does to me).

it's $550

the do have that same ideapad you're describing for a similar price but the panel is not 1080p like on the hp's i posted above, that's pretty important to me cuz it's basically gonna be a youtube machine

I think you're right user, Im just gonna have to go with my head on this one, a nice keyboard isnt worth giving up the i7+graphics

great, enjoy the laptop, also pick up a cooling pad for it and clean it from time to time

For around 550 go with the i7. Dedicated graphics will be worth it at some point and I personally really notice the processor bump on laptops much more than I do on desktops.

On the other hand, if you're never ever going to game with it, there's something kinda nice about a slick all metal laptop that feels tough cause no plastic. My GF has an xps13 and I'd buy one in a second if I could justify a thousand bucks for a laptop.

Where are you getting the i7 at that price point?

yea its slick and cool until it becomes a big heat sink because HP is shit at cooling

I suppose. Never used an HP in my life, but like I said the XPS is a pretty rad little machine. How could two similarly sized and specced laptops have that much of a difference in heat output? Is HP just completely retarded?

yes they are, trust me, i dont know how but they absolutely fuck it up, my hp used to get hot from 20 minutes of use in its 2nd year and i kept it pretty clean, and on HP laptops you have to open the entire thing to clean the fan