Fuck off with your shitty proxy David kun

Do you love Japan?

なんでそこでいきなりそのセリフが出てくるんだよ…

yes

Why does Japan hate whales?

too love, we eat

me don't speeq Engrish
sorry gaijin no enter my shoppu

Finnish isn't even an indo-european language but we grasp English decently. I think it's more about the Japanese not using English at all outside of classroom, plus learning Latin alphabets from English is pretty difficult considering how poor the phonetic matching is.

It is just because more than 99.9999% Japanese needn't speak English in our lifetime.

Why can you learn unnecessary language?

Why had American let whales be on the verge of destruction by whaling?

Most of Japanese work and live in Japan, and rarely stay in the foreign countries except sight-seeing.

Why do you think Japanese must study English?

大日本帝国は外国の言語で話してダメ。w

Japanese sentence structuring is totally different from english/finnish/czech/deutsch whatever. Even google translates japanese as gibberish. I tough myself japanese and if i translate every word exactly to czech it sounds like downie talking. English has only ”reversed” sentences so its not that hard to learn.
Its because you’re not limited to niconico only friend-kun

Because they need English skills in a globalized world. Since English is the lingua franca of international businesses, it should be made a priority to learn it.

english is so difficult for japanese people

I agree Japanese who do business oversea and deal with foreign companies should learn Japanese.

But limit the discussion to life in Japan, most of Japanese can't have opportunity to use English.
And if any, we can hire an interpreter.

Is there any merit for Japanese who do business only in Japan and never live in foreign countries to make efforts to learn English?

残念だが大日本帝国という国家は昭和二十年から存在してない

Most of them are actually proud of the fact they speak bad English, since they consider being able to speak English a form of colonialism. Japanese are also just bad linguists in general. They struggle with all foreign languages, their Chinese accents actually make average laowai accents look somewhat good by comparison.

That's fine. But I _will_ laugh at their English when they try to speak it as a result.

because japanese.

Learning another language is good for your brain.

There's also a shit-ton of movies, TV shows, games, comics, books etc. in English that haven't been translated into Japanese.

And who's to say learning English won't become a gateway into a line of work where English is required?

I think studying something useful for our life is better for our brains than learning English.

If anyone said something like this here he'd be considered a hick.

>useful for our life
Everything falls into this basket.

I wonder what do nipponjins think of our tiny countries