Visual Studios

Why the fuck is this shit 25 gigs and constantly demands to install more garbage? I've literally 40+ redistributables and service packs associated with it that I am now uninstalling 1 by 1 (because there's no bulk option) that it constantly volunteers for me to download in order to do fucking anything. The bloat is fucking unbelievable.

Other urls found in this thread:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt720585.aspx
github.com/Microsoft/VisualStudioUninstaller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because pajeets.

I fell for the meme too, still have all those packages because I can't be arsed to uninstall.

Why don't they just update the existing package? Upon closer inspection it's mostly incremental for every fucking year since 2005.

I know this feel

If you are a talented programmer you don't need fisher price toddler IDE.

Dennis Ritchie didn't need VStoddler IDE
Ken Thompson doesn't use it
Linus Torvalds doesn't need VStoddler IDE

The only people use that corrosive-to-brain trash are undergrads and wage slaves that work for shitty companies. If you are importing a library you should know what the library contains, it's not a magic. Otherwise you are just a newbie programmer/undergrad

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt720585.aspx
github.com/Microsoft/VisualStudioUninstaller

Probably because "compatibility"

It's backdoored so they can examine and steal your code, same goes for Android Studio. I know because my dad works for Nintendo.

But they make programming easier even with the most experienced programmers
No reason not to use an IDE bud

I'm not against thins like auto-indent, variable name completion or bracket closing and project explorer.

However the moment you are depending on your IDE to see what a function does in a library you should know that you need to study.

use 2010 or 2008 isos can be found
someone told me to use device driver toolkit from microsoft because i wanted a full tool chain without the bloat. I didn't get it working because it is pretty bare bones. I'm not sure it has every windows lib

also, what are you trying to do? There's probably a better alternative compiler/IDE for what you're trying accomplish.

Unless you actually are that in love with VS in which get off my fucking board, pajeet.

What editor does Linus use?

His custom distribution of Emacs

>you should memorize 1,000,000 functions
>in 10,000 libraries
>so that you are ready for anything that might appear in code
>produced by anyone
>in any language
>ever

Fuck off.

>hurr durr idk what this function is XD omgg lol
>instead of studying the library I'm going to work with, i'll just ask my IDE to code my program for me :DD
This is how a shitty programmer looks like: doesn't know the tools he works with, doesn't want to know and has no genuine interest in programming. Hacks together a set of library calls and doesn't know why his program is "working".
Aka (((professional codemonkeys)))

I believe you should at least graduate from your school before starting to talk shit.

Only undergrads and low scoring retards use VStoddler IDE, I'm not evevn kidding. I know shitty startup companies make their slaves work with that horrible trash but trust me, once you get hired in big boy companies, you'll discover that they don't give a hint of shit what toddler IDE you use.

Darling, I really believe you should at least graduate first. Some things come with real working experience which you obviously lack.

Only consumer tier programmers use VS. More than half of those can't even name 5 C compilers.

Thy are literally the "macbook users" of programmers. Prove me wrong.

not him but,
i mean i've worked at microsoft. it isnt even really required there

Doing PhD, junior. I think I hurt your feelings there but I know: shitty ((("developers"))) like you exist.

>Doing PhD, junior.
Which means you have zero work experience, dearie. Memeing in the internets isn't considered one.

>More than half of those can't even name 5 C compilers.
Who gives a shit when most are irrelevant. Sorry but your epeen is meaningless.

Real programmers code with echo!
echo "VS improves readability you faggot!" > kys.cpp

Everyone on this site does PhD and every third is Richie or Linus bastard

Pretty sure you are the one who's NEET, my child. I've been in this ""industry"" before you were born.

Difference between a craftsman and a worker

>Difference between a craftsman and a worker
Name 5 then, and give an example of their utility. You can't fucking do it, as the mainstream is the mainstream for a reason.

It's ok user, I'll wait.

Gmail

wow you sure are fucking retarded. I will laugh when you get out into the workforce and they force you to use VS, but you will just tell me that you would never work for such a company or just quit. Which means you are >nojob

>pajeet buying his way to the west
>no boots on ground work experience

Well, Dr. Tools you would know that us lowly programmers are responsible for producing end states for a user which means just producing a source input for a compiler/interpreter/toolchain to make revenue for a company right? If i can do that by banging rocks together and smoke signals than it really doesn't fucking matter what you use to produce the source input does it?

uh oh the VS police raided by my shitty megacorp cube along with the 200 developers on the floor and fired me for not using VS.

You're confusing an IDE with a build environment. I can write what ever the fuck i want in note pad, but i probably have to submit my changes to a build system that passes/fails my changes you moron

aww, Sup Forums is trying to project its complexes into another episode of illogical contrarianism

so cute

Pajeet can use Visual Studio just fine, and he poos in the loos.

Why can't you actually be like pajeet?

What a funny retard. Going to a shitty CS school doesn't count as "being in this industry".
Browsing Sup Forums from your mom's basement doesn't count either.

For most languages, an IDE is overkill.

C++ is not one of those languages. When you write C++, you come loaded for bear, and I have yet to find an editor with better autocomplete or a more convenient debugger than Visual Studio.

I'll stick with a combination of vim and Sublime for everything else, but seriously, fuck C++.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.