If I don't torrent or upload to youtube, is there any reason to have fast upload speed?

If I don't torrent or upload to youtube, is there any reason to have fast upload speed?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/04/04/472992023/when-a-dark-web-volunteer-gets-raided-by-the-police
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/the-operators
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Upload your shitposts to Sup Forums faster.

Running exit nodes, and uploading large files that need to be done quickly to share with others.
We've all had to at some point upload 100+mb of something to get someone else to view or get their help with before.
Really you should hope to have 10-15 up for normal use. If you have more but don't need it all the time get a cheepo Tor exit node and feel good about assisting privacy, while still having bandwidth for normal use.
Your 176 down is pretty lopsided looking at your up speed.
He's mine. Australia Victoria. Fiber to the node. 100down 40 up plan unlimited. But because I'm X from the node it slows a bit.
Anyone got any tips for exit nodes? Planning on joining the network when I can.

Oh, and leechers. AKA those cunts that ask for WiFi every time they visit.

Hope you're okay with getting raided.
npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/04/04/472992023/when-a-dark-web-volunteer-gets-raided-by-the-police

At worse all they can do me for having loli. But that's only ever done when they highly suspect you of accessing real CP and other goings on.
>Tor traffic is encrypted. Volunteers can't see its contents, and it doesn't leave a trace after it passes through an exit relay.
It's safe to operate.

>It's safe to operate.
That's why their equipment was seized, right?
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/the-operators

>cops and FBI are retarded enough to think someone running a node would have CP and other nastys
Who knew.
You must be like 12 to really give a fuck about a few PC's and a node being seized. For anyone else the only issue is the time it takes to get a temporary PC and another node while you wait for ya shit back from being cloned.
It's so much of a non issue. Fuck I could probably just go down to the COP shop and let them know what I'm running one and get away with a host of shit because the time wasted in investigating a node provider is a watse of time.

Cloud backups are nice when they're super fast. Plus just the general fact that the only reason your connection is so asymmetrical is your ISP is run by greedy assholes.

Feels good to have a decent ISP.

I struggle to post image replies, cloud backups are simply not possible.

I was there, but with only 3mbs down. Online life was hell.
Really look for better uploads. It really pays off for usability.

Forgot pic*
Another use that wasn't evident to me before having the option. Pic related.
Right now I'm downloading these that I'll put on Gdrive to be played in an online lounge that my friends and I chill in. I could have never done this in a timely manner with less than 5Mbs, so I would have avoided doing it entirely. I don't like leaving my PC on overnight to upload shit.

Updating OS, downloading ISOs, backup, streaming on multiple PCs, etc

hosting your minecraft server
>you must be 18 to post here

You don't consume any media at all?

Even if you don't pirate, you must be downloading updates, software or hell, even music.

I only have 8 mbit/s and its really annoying to download anything.

twitch streaming

1Mb down seems to be more than enough for the shitty source quality that twitch provides

and you need to learn how to greentext properly before you can post here

Why would be wrong?

Twitch barely functions at any lower than 1.8 mbps up, i tried streaming at like 700 kbps with a low bitrate and couldn't accomplish shit

Netflix

:(

itt retards confuse upload with download

/thread

>the only reason your connection is so asymmetrical is your ISP is run by greedy assholes.
Could be that he doesn't have fiber but rather a cable or VDSL connection.

Data flows both ways at equal rates until a maximum bandwidth, so you can throttle someones uploads and use the extra bandwidth to sell another connection.

>exit node
>encrypted
Are you retarded. Tor exit nodes are _not_ safe. Relays are fine but exit nodes are asking for trouble.

Nothing to hide. Nothing to fear.

>other people's internet usage is never something you would want to hide

You should switch to Telus. Same down, symmetrical up, better ping, and it's a little bit cheaper than Shaw's package to boot.

>thinking running a exit node make you responsible for other peoples usage of.
If ya scared you could just forward it to an actual VPN.

Yes you are responsible for anyone using the internet connection you are paying for. Why would you forward it? Just run it on your vps in that case, most hosts don't like exit nodes though and you have to ask permission.

>my area just got fiber last month

awww yeeah

Why wouldn't anybody want a symmetric connection?

Who doesn't torrent or send files to somebody else?

That is actually not even close to bad. You should see what Aussies have for internet.

tfw 10mbit/1mbit connection

Orly?
Version Standard name Common name Downstream rate Upstream rate Approved on
VDSL ITU G.993.1 VDSL 55 Mbit/s 3 Mbit/s 2001-11-29
VDSL2 ITU G.993.2 VDSL2 100 Mbit/s 100 Mbit/s 2006-02-17
VDSL2 ITU G.993.2
Amendment 1 (11/15) VDSL2 Annex Q
VPlus/35b 300 Mbit/s 100 Mbit/s 2015-11-06
Max upstream = 100Mb/s

You won't get charged with anything, but there's a chance the FBI will seize your computers for a while to make sure it's not your shit. Not really worth it IMO.

Can't afford faster upload

VPN, RDP and the like. Most people would have no use for high upload speeds, you're right. In fact, the not-a-monopoly in my country only offered shit like 60 down/3 up, 30 down/1.5 up until they got competition that offered you around half of your download speed.

They know normies won't use it, but they'll see the number difference in ads so they boosted current customers upload speeds and started advertising the increased speeds. I took the competitor's 100/50 and it's pretty nice. I even started to take advantage of it by bringing up a Starbound server. It's sweet.

To this day im still amazed by this. I mean Im Uk but in a tiny village in the middle of the countryside yet I get 75up 20down.

Hold my beer.