Hello Sup Forums, until this moment I've been using google chrome browser, but i want to use something better...

Hello Sup Forums, until this moment I've been using google chrome browser, but i want to use something better. should i just use Firefox, or there is better browser than this?

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pale moon, never had any issue with it.

ungoogled-chromium

I use Maxthon, but it turned into shit after Maxthon 3.
Unfortunately I still use it because it has features I like, with no other browser equivalents that work properly.

Firefox Nightly

What makes you Rank Opera in that tier?

It's just Chrome skin...

Google Chrome. It's going to be at least another century until browsers surpass Chrome stop cloning/skinning themselves after it. Everything else is still playing catch-up with Chrome and still following in its foot-steps, even Mozilla and Firefox are on the verge of becoming the next Chrome skinned clone with their new Chrome-like add-ons. Even mobile web browsers are still strongly dominant in the mobile web browser market because they're all just Chrome skinned clone knock-offs. Brave Browser is the only good viable Chrome clone on iOS and Android it's strongly un-deniable and un-disputable. Everything, excluding FireShit is basically still running/using Chrome's/Chromium's engine anyway.

That doesn't mean it still includes any of the spying.

But still it does.

Oh.

iceweasel

worst browser ranking i've ever seen on Sup Forums

firefox should be shit tier as should palememe

safari is fucking great on mac os, if you're using it on any other OS you're officially retarded

it's a proprietary Chinese browser, isn't it? It might as well be a botnet. Otherwise it would be in excellent/god tier.

Norwegian, actually.

I thought it was sold to chinks. But even if it's a botnet it's more comfy when compared to chrome
>power saving mode
>builtin VPN
>built-in adblocker

Firefox is coming along speed. At least it's not the terrible single-threaded frozen UI mess it once was.

about:config:

browser.tabs.remote.force-enable;true
browser.tabs.remote.autostart;true
dom.ipc.processCount;8

Yeah.
And centered images in the image viewer for a superior fapping experience.

That always bothered me about chrome.

> we will never see glossy icons again

fucking flatshit.

>comparing browsers by fapping experience
Never change

That's how it is.

Best browser: Opera
Best botnet-free browser: Firefox
Thank you for abandoning that awfull browser, you wont be dissapointed!

Btw can we pls have some kind of stickied FAQ explaining this so there wont be a new thread like this every ten minutes any more

redpill me on iridium

>not iceweasel

>tfw iridium 54 is basically broken due to the cert timebomb that was in chromium and the devs are apparently doing fucking nothing to fix it

This. But it works on Ubuntu, which is the same version, so I don't know wtf is going on

Probably because it was built later. The bomb goes off 3 months after it was built, and I know the ubuntu release was later than the windows release for 54. I had to switch back to Chromium because I could not fucking deal with all the broken websites anymore.

The issue is opened on their Github for month now and they acknowledged it, but nothing changed. Chromium got it fixed in 2 days ffs

Last I looked they don't even have the issues tab on their github anymore. Sad!

They have, but it's under different repo, called "tracker"

I see. Regardless, until they actually do anything about it (I really don't get why they haven't already) I'm on a browser that won't break a significant number of websites.

those webkit browsers dont support webm right?

What really is the difference between firefox and nightly?
It's just newer updates or does it change something privacy related?

Nightly gets updated once or twice a day. Feature-wise it's months ahead of firefox. For comparison, it's currently v54 while regular firefox is v51.

Firefox is still king.

>Not a botnet
>Incredible customization
>Right-click --> Set Desktop Wallpaper
>Out of the box it includes all the none-meme functionality you would ever want: Reader View, Pocket Integration, and an industry leading Bookmarks manager that isn't buried in menus (cough Chrome).
>Simply the best developer tools. Firefox's page inspector slaughters Chrome's.

Then you got Firefox's Test Pilot add-ons, such as screenshots, floating Jewtube videos, and side-bar tabs.

Firefox is beyond God-Tier. It's in a tier of its own.

I remember when Iron was being hyped as no-botnet ascended tier on Sup Forums
what happened?

Opera if you are looking for a Chrome substitute with built in Vpn and advblocker.
Firefox if you are looking for more functionality,

Closed source and lagging behind chromium. Chromium is already non-botnet chrome and Iridium is an even more privacy oriented chromium. Iron has no purpose anymore.

does it still have reader, hello, poket?

>Endless Apple hate in 95+% Sup Forums threads
>EVERY.SINGLE.BROWSER.THREAD says Safari Technology Preview is one of the best browsers to use.

Explain this bullshit you fukken memers.

waterfox

yes can someone confirm this meme

Use brave

I haven't seen hello on any version desu. Pocket yes, but you can disable it. There's a "how to fix firefox" guide somewhere which explains what you could or should change in about:config.

>Chromium is already non-botnet chrome
99c added to your adsense account

inox is what you should go for

hi

chrome is for plebs/normals

hipsters and richfags use safari

internet explorer and firefox for old people

IT use opera on slow devices

autists/neckbeards(fat hipsters) use everything else

Because WebKit is open source, of course. When applel open sources their operating systems we'll worship them here.

Why does anyone care about the OS being open source? Surely not being open source is better, especially considering Applel's anti government and pro privacy stance on end user privacy rights.

lurk moar

Obviously I understand why people would want the OS to be open source. My point is that I think people overlook the benefits of a closed ecosystem provided by a company willing to stringently fight for consumer privacy rights.

Yes, Apple do dumb shit. Yes 80+% of the users of their products are clueless idiots. But I think with Apple, and any company, they should still be celebrated for the things they do right. We FUCKING KNOW Microsoft provide backdoors for government agencies into their software. The San Bernadino iPhone case proved Apple aren't doing that.

incoming

Not being open source is bad for the consumer though, even if the consumers aren't aware of it. You're not given full disclosure over what happens on your "personal" computer and you're not given the opportunity to change anything. The whole thing with windows is just a proof that corporations can't be trusted.
Apple is involved in Prism, so it directly serves the government and NSA. The whole "we tried to protect you from FBI" thing is just for show so that they keep the current users who follow those privacy scandals.

Also, if Android and Linux can be open source and are free and fully usable then we've obviously reached the era when operating systems should at least be free (gratis) if not open source. If Apple makes that move on their desktop OS they'd gain help from the FOSS community which actually consists of a lot of intelligent people and not only neckbeards. They should keep iOS a closed off wall garden since they've lost the smartphone market anyway. Trying to fight android now is pointless. The same could happen with chromeOS.

>installed Opera yesterday
>realize the pain in the ass it is to browse Sup Forums without Sup Forums X
>no Sup Forums X equivalent in Opera extensions online catalog
>start to feel chrome/botnet remorse

Please tell me there's a solution.

Sup Forums-x.net/
Go to their official site and click Chromium.
Go to the Opera section, click to install Sup Forums X.
That's it.

>tfw Sup Forums would rather give up functionality rather than joining botnet
Is this autism at it's finest?

>Waterfox not in God Tier
>Nightly not in Placebo Tier

thanks

Pale meme is an outdated fork of Firefox stubbornly clinging to the XUL framework. No thanks.

real men post from links or it's derivatives