Why do linux users never shut up about it?

seriously it seems that everyone who uses linux wont stop circlejerking about how they use linux and how much better it is than windows.

do you want a medal or something?

Just being hipster in IT, I guess it's somewhat human.

Sharing ideas is natural.
If you know about something better and see someone struggling of course you are going to want to tell them.

seriously it seems that everyone who uses windows wont stop circlejerking about how they use windows and how much better it is than gnu/linux or osx.

>do you want a medal or something?

Yeah why not

If you don't like it you can easily fuck off back to Sup Forums

seriously it seems that everyone who use doesn't use linux wont stop circlejerking about how they don't use linux and how much worse it is than windows.

I don't hate Linux, I love it. I use it as well, but people who do use it have some sort of superiority complex.

>it's okay when wintards do it
What's with the double standards. Are Micros**t shills deluded?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Show a little gratitude, we're trying to save you from the botnet!

max stirner, nice

>Liberace wants to know why we don't shut up about vagina.

dick is better than vagina and i'm not gay

We weren't talking about it until you brought up the subject.

You brought it up, man. Most Linux threads on here are just Windows users bashing Linux, so I don't really see the point.
Gotta wonder if shilling is real or just a meme.

So you're saying because people are paid to shill for Microsoft (NOT ACTUAL WINDOWS USERS), Linux users should shill their shit for free?

I wasn't talking about this board specficically idiots.

I meant in general, a linux user will never shut up about using linux. I'm not a shill and already said I use linux primarily.

This board is dedicated to circlejerking.
>why linux sucks thread
>why windows sucks thread
>why Apple sucks thread
>why linux is better than windows
>why windows >>>> linux
>why apple is God's gift
>firefox sucks daily thread general
>what's Sup Forums's favourite browser? (Firefox always wins)
>android is garbage (iShills get btfo'd in all these threads)
It's mostly people fighting against paid Microshill pajeets, Sup Forums and that one Sup Forums autist who hates Firefox because of the SJW meme.

Same reason Mac users always say they use Macs, at least outside US where less people use Macs than Linux.

Nobody said or even implied that.

I never really experienced that except from people who switched very recently. They still have that sense of wonder about Linux, having used Windows for so long and all. They want to share their joy. The magic will fade however and Linux will become just another great tool at some point.

because it is free!

This

If you want real suffering, just recall how obnoxious Applevangelists were back in the early 2000s.

suck my dick you proprietary software-using nigger

I really don't know what's more pathetic. Willingly show the world that you're a pedophile or the fact that you're a pedophile who masturbates to cartoon children.

>Applevangelists were back in the early 2000s.
Thank god for them, I had no idea at the time that I could get a UNIX laptop fairly inexpensive. I thought I had to suffer with UNIX desktops forever.

Not him, but Illya should be 18 by the time the events of Fate/Stay Night occur.

So he's just a regular weeaboo with a desktop to show it.

i bet you'd be willing to have sex with a child and then argue the excuse that they'll be grown up eventually.

No, but nice try projecting your insecurities on me.

I'm just saying he has a standard fare desktop.

>Talking about GNU+Linux.
Because there's nothing interesting about windows.

Linux / Unix users, I have a question.
Im mostly a network guy and were setting up this new fabric at our datacenter. We're having some problems with this bonding and untagging thing in Unix servers where it cant seem to see the native vlan and port channel configuration facing the cisco leafs. Anybody experienced this? Thanks

You brought it up, man. Most Windows threads on here are just Linux users bashing Windows, so I don't really see the point.
Gotta wonder if shilling is real or just a meme.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

(you)

Real hipsters use BSD
Desktop Linux distributions are a, somewhat
childish, toy. by comparison

Only if it's OpenBSD or DragonflyBSD

don't even user, these guys would fuck an 8 year old if she claimed she was a thousand years old.
What bugs me though is that they don't like small women or "petite" as the frogs call it but just outright children.

lincucks refuses the fact that OpenBSD is superior to their memes.

eh, i've never experienced that personally, though I will say that I have seen it from Mac users. it's usually OS X (now macOS) faggots that do that. I guess the hipsters who are now migrating (for whatever reason) from OS X to GNU/Linux still hold on to that attitude.

Shut up and go back to making my patches, mere Red Hat employees and NEETs. Just keep working and you will forget your frustration eventually.

DOS OS DO NOW DOSKTOP DROD?

Using Linux, like being a faggot or a feminist or a liberal, is a disease. Some deficiency in their brains forces them to go out and parade about it and shove their ideologies down other people's throats since they think that because they are different (and therefore better), they know better than the rest of the normal populace.

Because proprietary software is cancer of technology

>source: a fat kike pedo

>tfw the meer choice of operating system leads to people getting ptsd

it's amazing really. the ultimate power.

>Gotta wonder if shilling is real or just a meme.

Because they know nobody uses it and if they can make it popular enough maybe developers will actually make stuff for it, i.e. games and good software

no shilling here sir

Tanembaum. Now fuck off back to Russia.

They're the vegans of the technology world.