Do you nerds use Bash on Windows? cmder? ConEmu? Something else entirely?

Do you nerds use Bash on Windows? cmder? ConEmu? Something else entirely?

Pls no Linux posters, I am trying to get actual work done on my laptop. I just need ssh, git, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/wsl/install_guide).
babun.github.io/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tries to get work done
>uses windows
top kek
just admit linux is too much of a mental challenge for you xd

>needs work done
>uses windows
>to use linux
Ok, theres your problem

t. Working Sup Forumsentoobeard

I use command prompt with the linux tools on PATH via cygwin (came with git install). It's pretty comfy. I can rm -rf and cat and grep, which is all I usually need.

This is not a tech help site, dumb wintoddler.

You'll understand when you have jobs that don't involve shitposting.

Interesting, does that integrate with Powershell?

God forbid we talk about software on the technology board. And I'm not asking for support, just opinions. Go back to the desktop r8 thread pls.

Cmder is nice, it fits nicely on a usb stick for a portable bash environment with git.

>not having a job where you earn 6 figures and still have time to shitpost
i'll pray for you little man

>someone claiming to make 6 figures on Sup Forums
Oh boy here we go...

so, what's your job ?

Talking down to people you want help from is a pretty dumb thing to do. I hope you learn how to deal with people when you get a job.

Sysadmin for a small consulting company serving mostly state and local government clients.

It's all in good fun, gotta b8 for those (You)'s :^)

Must suck knowing others do so much better than you :D

so you are a sysadmin using windows to use linux tools ? wtf is wrong with you?

On my laptop, yep.

>GNU/Linux
>shilled for sysadmins and all server stuff general
>"I NEED TO GET WORK DONE BUT WANT TO INCONVENIENCE MYSELF"
dualboot or have live persistent USB. Emulated linux a shit

Bash on windows has some retarded af mount locations.
My advice just install the GIT command line on windows if you're used to it or use their GUI tools.
As for SSH you can just use putty.

No, it integrates horribly with powershell. PS takes over the linux tools with its own abominations via aliases. I just drop into bash from PS if needed.

conemu

I make 100K+ in the midwest and have the time to rice windows to look like this not everyone on his is a neet or foreigner.

it's not difficult to get a nice POSIX environment on windows if you're not a baby duck

git-bash + conemu with quake style drop down activated with rapid hot key double shift press AHK

Bash on windows is neutered bash. You cant access the gpu. Literally worthless for my real work unlike the webshit dev garbage you probably do.

>It's another episode of dumb gaymerbabby pretending to be sysadmin while not knowing how to use SSH episode

What's the difference between Sup Forums and Sup Forums now? We are flooded with dumbshit wintards

wincucks 10 + wincucks subsystem for leenucks

works fine for me

I guess i'm a baby cuck for not wasting more time than I should

I use msys if I must run something *nix-ish on Windows. I avoid that wherever possible though- it's a pretty frustrating experience.

Windows dev is okay if you you're writing C++ or C# and don't have to leave msvc. Outside of that, I find myself wasting hours trying to get simple things working and desperately wishing I was back on OSX.

win10 + wsltty

ssh, git, ffmpeg etc. also, All runtime(python, node, TeX) was transfered to wls and windows-alternatives was removed. Except for R. RStudio is fine for Windows.

Generally, native > virtualised > shell on Windows, but it really depends on how the network you're working on is configured and what your needs are.

So if you're stuck inside Windows, cygwin is generally fine. If you're on W10, perhaps give Bash on Windows on Ubuntu a try (msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/wsl/install_guide).

If you want a one click solution to hit the ground running, consider Babun (babun.github.io/).

Add conemu on top for extra functionality.

> I am trying to get actual work done on my laptop. I just need ssh, git, etc.
Get a real server instead of using workarounds.

I also use win10 and wsl.

Off-topic, but has anyone used redhat openshift? I'm running "rhc setup" but it keeps denying my login credentials.

on windows i suffer through cmd and have python installed if i need anything fancier from the shell.

one of my coworkers has done some really neat stuff with powershell but in my time messing around with it i've just found it to be verbose and awkward, hence the python installation.

i generally use conemu for tabs, split windows and cosmetic stuff though it's got tons of features i haven't explored that i'm sure are useful.

Msys2
It uses pacman as pkg manager, mintty as terminal software which can be configured.
You can get git ssh etc easily.

I use cygwin because it is the best shell for win 8.1 and lower

My dad doesn't have a basement. But he let me use the spare bedroom as my computer data center. I insist that everyone in my family must refer to my data center as the/my 'office'.

cygwin is cancer. I'd rather switch to linucks or dual-boot

>I am trying to get actual work done on my laptop
>Proceeds to use video gaming OS

>Hurr hurr I make millions a day doing nothing, hurr hurr. Xd you called me out, you is worse than me Xd
! Pajeets detected!

oh the irony, it's not difficult to just switch to a proper system for the utilities you need if you're not a baby duck

>Bash on windows is neutered bash. You cant access the gpu. Literally worthless for my real work unlike the webshit dev garbage you probably do.

it's funny because bash on windows is also shit for webshit garbage because it sucks when it comes to sockets and networking in general, I know developers that went back to osx because of it