Could 4:3 ever become more popular in laptops? It's better for web browsing and a few other things...

Could 4:3 ever become more popular in laptops? It's better for web browsing and a few other things, and it's especially useful if the laptop is a convertible that can be used in tablet mode. Is the only reason 16:9 became so dominant muh videos?

One can only hope

Nah, it's a crappy resolution. That's the reason why it's unpopular.

>resolution

When hd came in, the standard for high res. monitors was moved to 16:9. I wish this didn't happen because i still enjoy using 4:3 but there isn't any really high resolution monitors.

4:3 actually died because it was a cursed ratio, look it up sometime.

Or you could post a link backing up your bullshit

Resolution, aspect ratio, same difference.

I literally heard sounds come out of my old 4:3 CRT. It was guys talking about aliens and shit, and tne screen was powered off and not even plugged up to a computer but you could hear it coming out of the speakers.

I wasn't talking about crts

They make 2k 4:3 for medical use.

It was a 4:3 screen. 1024x768 native.

Just ignore him, he's Sup Forums's biggest dumbass

>Could 4:3 ever become more popular in laptops?
Sure it could but I don't think it's super likely to become the main ratio again.
surface pro series when from being 16:9 to 3:2 and now surface book got a 3:2 screen as well.

I agree that it's better for tablet mode, 16:9 is fucking terrible in portrait.

Just put black bars around both sides of your screen.
Problem solved.

Did you think that was even remotely funny?

FUCK ! Nobody cares about you trip faggin bitch

>you think that was even remotely

Remotely what?

You should be thanking him, without the trip you wouldn't be able to filter all his posts

I posted this thread from my Samsung Chromebook plus, I will say that the only drawback to 4:3 is the keyboard is a bit squished on a 12 inch laptop. Most keys are normal sized, it's just the ones on the left and right edges that have been about cut in half. The only ones that are inconveniently small are backspace, \, `, and tab. I think it's worth it because it enables a bigger trackpad on a small laptop.

12" 4:3 laptops are the masterrace

Do you even know what you talking about?

The problem with the Chrombook plus/pro is the keyboard doesn't go right up to the edge of the device. I guess they could have fit a full sized backspace key if they designed it like that powerbook. There's also a lot of space between the top of the keyboard and the hinge, I wish they moved the keyboard up like half an inch to make room for a larger trackpad.

See that's not an issue with 12" 4:3 laptops though, it's an issue specifically with your laptop.

My laptop is so thin that I think they needed that border there to make room for the usb ports since there wasn't enough room to put them under the keyboard.

Is it worth it?
With so much 16:9 content it'd be annoying
There's still plenty 4:3 content out there though
What we need is a ratio that is for both 16:9 and 4:3 content

I'd say it's worth it simply for the dimensions. Widescreen laptops feel like I'm carrying a 2x4. Of course that's personal preference though

okay i laughed

4:3 is better for some things (like web browsing since you can read longer bodies of text without needing to scroll), 16:9 is better for some things too (like watching videos). I just wish the market was't dominated by 16:9 so that consumers had more choice.

1920x1440 would be hella comfy