Girlfriend only uses phone to Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat

>girlfriend only uses phone to Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat
>buys $600 iPhone almost every year
>mfw I can do all that shit on a $100 Moto G4 Play

>girlfriend
>Sup Forums

I've had my LG Optimus F7 for almost 4 years now and im still fine with it. I don't understand why people feel that they have to have the latest and greatest tech when their old tech was still good.

Is their really anything else intensive to do on a smart phone?

I mean games maybe?!?

>girlfriend

>girlfriend is irresponsible with money

Drop her do you really want that thing as your wife?

>implying aforementioned "girlfriend" exists

>implying OP exists

>uses her phone often
>spends extra for a nice one she likes
What exactly is the issue here?

the issue is implying aforementioned "girlfriend" exists

>wife does essentially the same
>5s was suddenly "too slow"
>goes out and buys a 7

meanwhile I've found my old 5c I got for like $150 perfectly capable of doing the light shit I'd use a phone for.

yes
>wife

>Wife goes out and buys a $700 phone without your approval
I guess we see who's wearing the pants there.

When I wanted $1,400 in PC components I just went out and bought them

It's called
>having a job
>having money
>spending it on occasion

Remarkably the wife also has a job, money and spends it on occasion. One day you might too find out what being an adult is. In this instance her 7 purchase was an error but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

My wife and I have jobs too. We have a metric fuckton of money saved because we don't make retarded, frivolous purchases without the other chiming in. This prevents getting poorly thought out purchases.

take a marketing class, you'll learn that the value of the item isn't just what it can do but the perception of your social status when you own it.

Just by being expensive, the iphone has created demand.

AMEN.
I had a phone that my dad gave me that he got 10 years ago until today.
Never given a shit about phones... but I got a bunch of Amazon vouchers last week and bought a £140 phone (which is £40 more than I'd ever usually spend on a phone if I had to).
Spending £600+ for a fucking social media machine is so stupid... that's as much as I paid for my PC and 34 inch HDTV to go with it.

A new user here.

My wife and I both have an allowance that neither of us have to answer for (400 bucks a month each).

Anything after that, we need 2 yes votes to spend money on anything that isn't normal monthly expenditures.

(I make 90k and she makes 60k)

Just because you don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean nobody here does

>job
Slave identity

Fair enough.

I mean if she went out and spend like $5k on something then I'd be somewhat more pissed because $5k is a lot of money to us.

All depends on your income levels I guess.

>girlfriend
sexy doll

>neet
thanks

>5k
peon

>thanks
welcome

>wife
>my

t. part time walmarter projecting

It's not like she buys it unlocked and unsubsidized, right?

New tech is made to break. Many people i know get new phones yearly because their phones stop functioning.

Also, mobile software is advancing at a crazy fast rate. Many people use their phones as their primary "computer", uses for just about anything thats not schoolwork/work.

>hopeless loser can't accept that others on the board are actually capable of talking to women

>she

>some woman i know does stuff with her own money
>i'm autistic and grind my teeth about it every night
>maybe i'll say she's my girlfriend so Sup Forums doesn't think i'm fucking obsessed.

>that 20th century mindset

>shitposting

>lies about the existence of one's "gf"
>calling out "shitposting"

>he's poor
>he doesn't realize how much better is the iPhone experience

Why is your limit the same as hers if you make more?

>hers

>girlfriend
>On Sup Forums on Valentine's day night
Discredited right there

I buy a new phone every year, top of the line samsung

I don't use it much for anything intensive, certainly no games

But the batteries wear off, the screen gets scratches, you drop the phone a lot, over time moisture from sweat gets in the phone and it will break if you don't replace it, etc

After tax write-off (any IT job = 100% tax write-off) and credit card insurance (ie. difference between what it costs you to buy and what it costs in 2 years time), you actually are paying maybe 30% of the cost at most

And you always have a new phone

So why not?

Except the photos your Moto G4 shoots, are nowhere near the quality of higher end phones.

That said, I think most people are overbuying, by a large margin, if the camera isn't a concern, and where the hell is your gf buying a new iPhone for "only" $600...unless it's the SE.

I need a phone and am looking at the OnePlus 3T but I read about all the issues it's having with the new update and I am not knowledgable about phones or androids... should I look at something else?

I haven't read into those issues myself. Others here will most likely recommend a chink phone with its own set of issues.

Honestly, if you're not that knowledgable, and the small size isn't an issue, I recommend looking into an iPhone SE...one of the few products Apple still makes that isn't bullshit.

I definitely want something with a big screen. Oh well, thanks for the reply.

Well, user, I'm not the guy you're asking, but part of marriage is treating the other person with the same respect that you give yourself.

This might seem foreign to you.

>touchwizz

Why buy an iPhone when you can do it all on your LGZQP 1960x FQY 3000z PlayQZ?

1. iPhones are the best looking phones on the market.

2. Jailbroken iPhones are the best phones on the market.

You clearly don't have selfie game like your gf.

>t. iToddler

>gf
>your