/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

old thread Post your retard questions here.

As always check google first.

Other urls found in this thread:

turboblaze09.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/wifi-hotspot-with-usb-wifi-adapter/
howtogeek.com/268649/how-to-turn-your-windows-pc-into-a-wireless-repeater/
aftenposten.no/
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are the essential addons for Firefox on Android?

OP here to kick this off.

Just bought a new phone since I dropped previous one and screen is rip. Been transferring most things fine by simply plugging them both in my computer and literal click and drag. However I cannot seem to find where the contacts are stored.

Google points me to here

/data/data/android.providers.contacts/databases

But mine is different, see pic related

What are some Java projects I can do with 2 quarter's worth of CS knowledge that would help me polish up my skills for when I have to start applying for the major?

>1990s_Teletype_machine.jpg

Ok i need help.

It just gets stuck here.
And after a while it restarts and does it again.

How do i fix this?
>Since when this is happening
Old owner said since he did a backup.

Old phone is galaxy s6 and new phone is LGV20, should have mentioned that.

On a semi unrelated note did I make a good choice? I feel like I did, so far liking phone although very occasionally it spazzes and freezes up. Not gonna lie one big reason I picked it was because it has a removable battery, a feature I missed on my S5 since I travel a lot for work.

Does firefox use less memory and CPU power than chrome? I'm starting to get real tired with chrome.

Take it to the Apple Store. Something like that happened with my brother's MBP and it turned out the hard drive was fucked. Installed a new SSD and they installed MacOS no charge.

can anyone tell me that old youtube series that had like 4 episodes,
it was about hacking and had two guys that drank 40's in every episode
"the used" or something

I found a fan in my pc wasnt working and the blades are waaaay too tight. I dont know if that is the problem, anyways what should i try?

No, more.

HDD is fine.
Just booted into linux and works.

Pic related.

It's a meme

buy a new fan

>Mac failed exactly when it hit 1 year of use
Huh, shady.

I have a new USB wireless adapter, 802.11ac, which I am trying to set up as an access point to use with my 3DS.

What I initially tried was installing the Mediatek driver + utility that came with the device, but if you remove the USB device the software seems to permanently shit itself. It will never work again and the goddamn software can't even be uninstalled short of a system restore.

So next I looked up how to create a virtual hosted network, and this does work.
turboblaze09.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/wifi-hotspot-with-usb-wifi-adapter/
The problem is, my PC connects to the internet via a WLAN card connecting to a 5GHz frequency, and so the virtual network outputs a 5Ghz frequency also (aka 802.11n).

I need to set up a virtual network that can output 802.11g/2.4GHz instead whilst my PC connects to the 5GHz band as normal.
Is that possible via the same CMD hostednetwork function, or am I gonna have to use some other software?
The Mediatek utility was capable of doing this, but it shits itself far too easily. Pic related, it resembled this but with the Ralink branding changed.

Can leaving the "stay logged in" option make you easier to hack? my dad thinks it does but it seems like bullshit.

Also can someone explain to me if hackers actually access your computer as if using a remote access tool or is it more complicated?

This might sound silly, but I don't know how virtual machine software works.

Is there any that lets you run an OS from an already made partition or hard drive? Like if I already have a Linux distro on a separate hard drive or partition is there a software that will me boot it up while I'm running Windows?

Is there a guide/pastebin or something on how to install Windows 7 Embedded Standard? Seen some people mention it copy/paste some links once and am curious about it.

Yes, just make sure you take the drive letter away from windows

Tried rebooting and holding D for diagnostics?

A pluggin system is only as good as what features it supports and who's bothered to develop for it. I doubt firefox mobile is going to get enough attention for anyone to port useful addons in the the near future. But if you see something you want then feel free to jump

Adding to that.

It looks like when I set up this virtual hosted network, it's actually using the same WLAN card for broadcasting.

What I want is to use the WLAN card to connect to my router's 5GHz wifi, and the USB dongle to broadcast a hosted network at 2.4GHz , is that possible?

Doing it right now.

Also shouldnt i be able to boot into safe mode by holding shift?

>No problems detected

only risk is if you share the computer frequently. even then most sites will require relogin for sensitive tasks
more complicated

howtogeek.com/268649/how-to-turn-your-windows-pc-into-a-wireless-repeater/

first step in learning to code?

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Decide on a language that you want to learn, and then if you want to follow an education route, or just try to make something.

Ok, because he seems to think that people hack your computer then they can just use it as if they were there in person and open whatever they want, hence making the logged in option dangerous.

I can open startup manager but safe mode and command+r wont respond.

I have the install discs around would they help?

Learn data structures and loops then sign up for project Euler.

Why can't I make threads?

It won't take otherwise? Will this work for any vm software like Oracle's?
Thanks for the info, user.

Are you on a data/cellular network? They tend to get banned due to abuse. Happens to me in some areas.

how can i set up an open wifi network that logs user data (field entry and even if possible stuff sent over https before that happens) as well as network statistics (user bandwidth usage, overall useage, time connected, approximate distance etc)

>
Because you are the cancer killing this site

How old can a Mac laptop sitting in the bottom of my closet be before I can't install an OS/change a shit ton of settings and turn it into something that can install and use modern browsers and games on lowest settings?

Unfortunately this didn't work.

The first thing that page suggests is some paid software called Connectify Hotspot MAX, and then following the Windows built-in hotspot instructions that doesn't work.
Setting up a virtual hosted network whilst connected to 2.4GHz doesn't work either.

It seems like only this shitty Mediatek software is capable of setting up a working access point for my 3DS.

No, I'm telling you to remove the drive letter before you do try attaching the drive. For safety reasons. You can google the rest of the instructions depending on your VMM

>>As always check google first.
but it's botnet OP

use searx instead

Are all article images on this site broken for everyone or just me?
aftenposten.no/

Can't see them on either Firefox or Chromium.

It's a bad idea in general, but if you're desperate you could make a vm and bridge the connections. Honestly I would just find a better way of extending your network

This will work or I have to change something?

find . -type f -exec shred -uvz {} \;

Planning first desktop build. Have all hardware picked out, 99% sure its compatible, (used logical increments recommends for most) I have a software key for windows 7. After I build and boot my new desktop do I just install linux then use that to download win 7, which I will be running? or use an external hd and use win 7 on external to install on new desktop?
TLDR how cn into OS?

Believe me I'm aware it's not preferable, although circumstances changed in the house.

It used to be the router was in my room so my 3DS could get a good connection to it, but a change in ISP and new broadband line installation mean the router now has to be downstairs.

The 3DS cannot connect to the router reliably from there, but it is able to connect to the USB wifi adapted if my WLAN card is connected to the router. I just want to try and make this work instead of having to buy a wireless repeater like pic related.

Still the help is appreciated.

Repeater is not ideal, although it's not quite as bad as what you're trying. I'd consider powerline if you absolutely cant run ethernet upstairs

>install discs get ejected the second i put them in

I assume i can make a bootable USB with a mac OS installer?

Find another windows computer
Run rufus
Make disk
Patch windows with usb3 drivers
pop that puppy in your new pc and install

what is "patch windows w usb3 drivers"?

It is a bad idea revisit Calculus and Linear Algebra, alongside learning Assembly if I want to give myself a proper fresh start on learning programming as a whole? Or is that biting off more than I can chew?

Fresh Windows 7 install, about to start updates, wasn't there something to do to install all the updates fast? And is there an easy way to block windows 10 and telemetry bullshit? Friend's computer not mine, not mine, so I can skip that, but I'd prefer not to

pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
Windows 10 isn't a thing anymore

It depends if "patch" is being used as a noun or a verb there

Just use MSI Smart tools add USB 3.0 drivers option once you created your bootable USB.

Where i can find the Macintosh ISO to create a DVD or USB?

>Friend's computer
Just don't install any updates.

This, disable Updates and microsoft defender.

Install a real antivirus.

The command is correct. It'll work fine.

I have a m.2 SSD boot drive. Sometimes my bios doesn't detect it as existing, and won't until I do a hard reset by flipping the power switch.

I already updated my BIOS firmware.

is the display white or off yellow.

Slight Yellow.

How do i make a live streaming service. If I wanted to make a service like twitch where people can connect and stream.

What is the best router on the market that isn't outrageously priced over $200? I'd like to be able to put ddwrt on it

A+ 901 and 902 in a couple days. I'm sweatin' the 902... anybody with their A+ have any tips/experience for the 902?

I dont know much about networking but I'm curious. Could you disconnect devices from a switch then connect them to a hub and connect the hub back on the switch and monitor the traffic going to the hub?

That is the chances of fucking up my hard drive while doing a firmware updates? Seagate's ST2000DM001 apparently has problems with it's old firmware such as "cc96" that causes false smart data and failure.
I haven't had any problems so far with the drives but i don't want to risk it down the road.

Hub doesnt do shit it just directs the traffic through it

anyone used pycharm ide? My school provides them for free and I want to know Sup Forums's opinion of them.

im pretty sure he just made u find shit and destroy it. FYI

I know but doesnt it make network traffic easier to see as opposed to trying to see via switch?

I don't think so.

ur gonna being doing putting shit together activities for the test with some multiple choice and some cmd line simulations as well a lot of stuff but u should have covered in ur preparation and hopefully tinkering at home

No, it makes traffic less likely to collide

With a hub? Thought it was more likely to collide

the hud repeates traffic out all ports...............

Is it still possible for somebody to become a billionaire nowadays by creating a product that people loved like Facebook back when it was created?

I'm talking about something original, of course...or am I too late?

This is obviously

>IMPLYING

that I can achieve something like that.

sure create a hub that only forward traffic out the intended interface and has guaranteed bandwidth

Kek.That would be a switch.

;)

Still not answering the question so you're just showing me that you dont know. Thanks anyways.

I was playing a game on 1 monitor (gtx 1060) and then I loaded up a game on my second monitor (intel hd 630) but after about 5 minutes I got a BSOD (0x00000133)

Can I like, not do that or something?

people come up with shit every god damn day and stuff becomes obsolete or goes ut of style or w.e just put ur idea out there dont spend ur precious time of fucking Sup Forums and ul be good

guy from last thread with borked audio drivers
installed lubuntu on a spare hdd, hdmi audio only shows up there too

i think its a hardware issue, i have a feeling something got broken and it was just coincidence that it was when i installed the gt 710
even tried without the gt 710 in there, still no hardware, tried installing different drivers, nothing

Desktop or laptop?

Motherboard?

Where the fuck could I get a Windows 7 key? The ones I looked online are pretty shady.

msi z270 sli

My Gentoo system is running way too slow. Like, much, much slower than even Ubuntu.

I'm currently using XFCE as a desktop environment. If I open the applications menu and mouse over an item, it takes 2 to 3 seconds for it to highlight / recognize that I'm mousing over it. My computer isn't exactly high end but it's always been responsive and well performing even when running bloated systems (Windows, Ubuntu). I suppose it should have at least decent performance when running a light DE (XFCE) with ~700 packages, but nope, it's sluggish as fuck for some reason.

What can be the cause of that? I have no clue which tools/files/logs to examine in order to figure out what's the problem and how to fix it.

>msi z270 sli
Weird you should be able to do use the IGPU and GPU together.

Use Daz Loader.

Is there a Firefox extension similar to Showgoers or Netflix Party that automatically syncs Netflix streams? Google turns up nothing, and the Showgoers dev states he will look into supporting Firefox "someday"

ya idk, my primary gpu was at about 80% load and my integrated gpu was also under heavy load I guess something went wrong cuz it was pretty instantaneous.

they run together fine when im just watching videos on my browser while gaming on my primary gpu

Yeah, this happens often or only was a one time thing?

it was the first time since I built this computer

i was playing ffxiv and I loaded osu! on my 2nd monitor to play a song while I was in a queue

desktop
hp dc 7700 has an onboard mono speaker that use to output sound before i installed a gt 710

i thought it was just the hdmi audio drivers fucking everything up, but the hardware doesnt even show up on linux, and i cant install drivers on it on windows xp

I'm pretty sure I'm deleting my whole system beyond recover with that command right now.

Why not just DBAN it?