NATIVE APPS ARE DEAD

WELCOME TO THE MOBILE CLOUD FUTURE

medium.com/javascript-scene/native-apps-are-doomed-ac397148a2c0#.3nr8dmto8

medium.com/@adamwattis/native-apps-are-dead-long-live-the-web-app-367846c2482c#.53a5ia1hg

Nothing of value has ever come from the domain name medium.com

You could have at least saged. God damn it.

Good

Native apps just mean deployment problems because wangblowsOS is an unmanageable shitheap.

Don't even give me GPO winshill AD cuckshit.

native apps can go to hell
why would normal usage require more than a web browser anyway? With commercial bare-minimum shitbox computers typically having to interact with local servers anyway, why not reduce those 20-50 i3s to pentiums and let the central server do the heavier lifting?

The two cases where I can think of a downside to a decently developed web app are lazy developers refusing to maintain compatibility with a web browser and working remotely, and working remotely is already possible through things like putty

Steve Jobs was right

Good?

Jesus Christ, the kikes are gonna pull this.

RIP Desktop computing
1995-2013

It's good for native Linux on the desktop, tablets and phones

why wouldn't wangblows benefit?

>Internet goes down
>You can't use your web app
Smart!

They've only been saying this for 30 years. But I'm sure in 5 years bandwidth will magically have more throughput than motherboard bridges.

Everyone benefits

>download 300MB program every time you want to run it.
OK, but why?

It astonishes me how people rejected Java as a lightweight shell to abstract apps for multi-platform use because its "VM scary", but now flock in droves to the single worst programming language ever existed running on poorly-optimized interpreters built into browsers with weekly discovered security flaws.

>everyone owns either a pixel or the latest iphone
>everyone has a constant internet connection
>everyone has the very latest browser at all times
>javascript is quick and efficient
>web browsers are light and power efficient
only inside webshitters' bubble of delusion

so apple was right with their first iphone.
That really sucks.

But to be honest, 95% of apps are shitty, resource eating wrappers around a website anyways, and 99% of apps are crap beside this, so nothing of value will be lost.

>Native apps just mean deployment problems because wangblowsOS is an unmanageable shitheap.
yet all the "muh web" faggots flock to native containers like electron to try and be native apps still

fucking idiots

More like cloud of shit. You can have that one for free.

I think the post was about native mobile apps not desktop. While I agree with the general idea, the only thing that's retarded is:

> lazy developers refusing to maintain compatibility with a web browser

Why is retarded: Because every browser created a stardard, so there is no standard in the web, to maintain compatibility in a manageble way developers recur to javascript wich means 6 seconds to open a page because muh frameworks.

Dope

Honestly? As long as the internet infrastructure here in america improves, im okay with this. It'll be dope to just only need to install a browser on your OS. And almost every OS supporte browsers. The only possible downside is the internet is built on proprietary software and and everything becomes a boxed in hellscape like chromeOS.

Wangblows benefits from proprietary native apps running exclusively on their platform

/thread