SIGNAL'S BRAND NEW ENCRYPTED WEBRTC CALLING, NOW WITH VIDEO, IS IN PUBLIC BETA

>Today's Signal release for Android and iOS includes beta support for video calls.

>This represents an entirely new calling infrastructure for Signal, and should increase voice call quality as well. We think it's a big improvement, but we're rolling it out in stages to collect feedback from people with different devices, networks, and regions in order to ensure there are no surprises when it's enabled for everyone by default.

>To help us test on Android and iOS, toggle Signal Settings -> Advanced -> Video calling beta.

>Only calls between Signal users who have both enabled the video calling beta will use the new calling system.

whispersystems.org/blog/signal-video-calls-beta/

WE OPUS NOW.

WE VP8 WEBRTC VIDEO CALLING NOW

SIGNAL FINALLY MAKES CALLS THAT DON'T SOUND LIKE SHIT.

DO YOU USE SIGNAL, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jzysxHGZCAU?t=39m55s
silence.im
support.whispersystems.org/hc/en-us/articles/212535548-How-do-I-send-an-insecure-SMS-
ring.cx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's botnet, made by a Jew, moxie, who loves sucking Google's and Facebook's cock.

And this post is against the rules as its an at unpaid advertising.

>I s-s-s-swear, it is really secure (tm).
>Google botnet is hard dependency because muh security
Moxie, kill yourself already.

kek

I don't give a shit about anything that faggot does until he gets off his ass and removes the play services dependency

who makes video calls anyway?

seriously tho who the hell makes video calls?

Ctrl+f Wire
>0 results.

Not even trying Sup Forums...

I do video calls with my girlfriend and my study group. And I've seen teens use video calling from time to time. I guess some people think it's fun.

>Google botnet is hard dependency because muh security

It's not because of that. It's because GCM is the only way to have reliable device notifications and wakeup without killing your battery. They said they will do a GooglePlay-less version someday but that it will be opt-in and kill your battery faster.

>who makes video calls anyway?

Women and gays

>hey gurl you like muh makeuppppp?

>hey sweetie omg lemme show you how my cock looks in this new cockring omg

>wire
>secure

At least as secure as Signal yes.

That's bullshit, just what you should expect from a jew like moxie.
Conversations demonstrated that is possible to have reliable notifications without GCM and high battery drain.

Just use whatsapp ya fucken loser

This shit is pointless. Even if it at a bunch of features it will be pointless because no one uses it

>Conversations demonstrated that is possible to have reliable notifications without GCM and high battery drain.

How? Does it have voice calls too?

It has everything minus voice/video calls.
Can send video/pictures/files with end-to-end encryption even in multi user chats.
But the best part is that you can host your own server and everything is 100% open source (Conversations is GPL v3).

>It has everything minus voice/video calls.

Then it's not a Signal replacement.

>But the best part is that you can host your own server

99.9% of people don't care.

99.9% of people don't give a shit about voice/video calls faggot.
And in any case they work like shit when not connected to a wifi, ask whatsapp for reference.

>99.9% of people don't give a shit about voice/video calls faggot.

The vast majority of people make voice calls you stupid ugly neet.

Yes, normal voice calls, literally no one uses whatsapp voice calls.
Kill yourself, I am out.

>literally no one uses whatsapp voice calls.

My family uses that all the time to save on international calls and they probably make more Whatsapp calls than regular calls because they use Whatsapp so much to text.

A lot of things are regional. My Indian and European friends use WhatsApp. My Chinese friends use WeChat. My American friends usually use neither.

How does it compare to Matrix?

This.

I smell a honeypot

It's similar but Matrix is decentralized and considered a beta right now.

Wire already had this and more.

>DO YOU USE SIGNAL, Sup Forums?

Tried to, but it's using Google libs, and it won't run with microG.

It also needs my phone number to create an account. What a fucking joke.

>he doesn't have a phone

So you've never actually webcammed with anyone before?

>anything mentioned on Sup Forums is huneeput!

fucking Sup Forums

>
>Yes, normal voice calls, literally no one uses whatsapp voice calls.
Man it must be nice to never have left the confirmation of your parent's home.
If you work on an international level you still use all the different apps like WhatsApp Viber Skype WeChat signal telegram and whatnot to stay in contact with everyone. Also VoIP saves a ton of money on international calls.
But I guess if all you ever call is your local pizza delivery, then you are not the target group.

Use a fork, it's FOSS. Thats the point that your freetards keep spouting.

>using shit forks

Nah nigga.

>Americans without unlimited international calls
Shouldn't you refrain from posting to not go over your data cap?

Aussies get capped way more m8

Audio quality is pretty great. My >gf sounds like she's on TV.

Video was awful on 4G/LTE data though.

OMG THATS SO COOL.
>Continues to use Hangouts.

This.

How is everyone not using this yet?

>requires signing up with a phone number

So it's like Whatsapp, except nobody uses it? I'll pass.

Wire is very unknown

Make it known then. Tweet at Snowden or something.

This middle man server ain't Foss you fag.

It is.. you can read the code and set up your own signal server if you want to only chat on that server. No one does though.

> Can get my only friend to switch away from Skype.

>He is an autistic that get triggered by voice call echos.

lol fucking agpl skeleton protocol in java.

There is a reason nobody fucking uses it, its shit.

Snowden didn't endorse Wire. He endorsed Signal.

Uh, yeah, he did. Are you saying he can't endorse Wire or something?

If you condone a pony fucking weeaboo traitor's celebrity status enough to eat up things he shills you are too stupid to be security conscientious.

Don't diss our hero.

Snowden has never endorsed Wire and you know it.

your reading comprehension is fucking horrible, that's not what the guy said

You seem confused.
youtu.be/jzysxHGZCAU?t=39m55s

>that's not what the guy said

He said

>Uh, yeah, he did.

He isn't a hero, he has a fucking team of people that figure out how he can exploit his notoriety by spinning shit into gold.

>He endorsed Signal.
>Uh, yeah, he did. Are you saying he can't endorse Wire or something?
See

Used it with my mom this morning.

The aim of signal is to have encryption so simple your parents can use. I think it is achieving its goal. The FOSS community cares more about a philosophy than what is practical. Also This guy and the few others he works with has inspired the new way to have encryption is by having it on default and painless to set up. Others are following his ideas

Elon Musk has the >>>>>>original

Encryption is prolific already within messengers, there isn't anything signal is trying to provide that isn't already available and easy to use.

>Encryption is prolific already within messengers

The point is that most of them are not open source so you don't even know that encryption is taking place.

>libretards reject every remotely secure im app
>don't produce anything of value themselves

No, the point is that the creators of Signal are using the stupid shit you are saying as a marketing tactic to get people that don't know how to use encryption to adopt its messaging service.

Redpill me on this
silence.im

Is signal any better for any reason other than userbase?

Silence is just Signal without IM service. It's just an SMS client.

Signal is better because it does way more.

Silence actually uses the SMS protocol, so you'll leak a bunch of metadata and shit regardless of encryption.

Gotcha. So it's like signal when I'm texting normies who use iMessage?

The guy offered his services to other messages to have the same features as signal and therefore making it less useful to have it as a standalone app.
Signal is more of a project to shake up technology to have the false reality people have when texting into a reality.
Signal doesn't store metadata other than your phone number, works on android and ios, and now have simple high quality encrypted videos and calls

Are you retarded? Do you even know what the difference is from reading that page? It's just for SMS. Signal is IM with SMS fallback. Silence is just a fork with most of the stuff ripped out except SMS.

Why do you need people to spoonfeed you on shit you could google?

Damn Sup Forums is getting stupider and stupider.

Well now I know and people enjoy explaining tech things to people who ask nicely and don't argue when don't know anything

Shake up technology by creating a redundant messaging API and a shitty java based server?

A++ timmy good job.

Wouldn't surprise me if this shit was funded by SJW faggots.

>Signal is IM with SMS fallback.
I'm pretty sure Signal doesn't use SMS at all. Ever.

It's quite noticable when you don't have mobile internet or wifi and get messages from hours ago when reconnect.

Why is Facebook, Google, and WhatsApp using signal in their messengers?

>I'm pretty sure Signal doesn't use SMS at all. Ever.

Yes it does, retard.

support.whispersystems.org/hc/en-us/articles/212535548-How-do-I-send-an-insecure-SMS-

cause Moxie is a jew

>Why is Facebook, Google, and WhatsApp using signal in their messengers?

To ride the "privacy train" Snowden started and build more trust with their users...except you can't read the source code so anything could be happening and you wouldn't know shit.

I find your statement incredulous and hard to believe that you think that the hangouts api or messenger uses signal servers.

Philosophy

Right, forgot about that. Guess it only fucks up when sending to contacts which it knows have encryption or something. The delay is real.

This is literally the man behind Signal.

He goes by "Moxie Marlinspike" but his real name is Matthew Rosenfeld.

Still trust Signal?

Why is everybody in cryptography a Jew with a high pitched voice?

How do you think it sends messages to people who don't have signal?

This guy is man of the year.

Still trust him?

see

What ever happened to tox? It was supposed to be the not botnet chat software to use

Tox died when it was found that it was leaking people's IP address to everybody else.

Normal people don't give a shit you FOSS spergs

Is that why only a few thousand people use Tox?

They have skype

If Skype has signal it would be a lot nicer. Normal people don't change

Tox for mobile didn't work and the ID was a mess. Ring is the Tox replacement.

ring.cx/
ring.cx/
ring.cx/

This is better, fuckers.

>Ring is the Tox replacement.

This. And it's a GNU project now.

Kys you are sev'fes

Their focus isn't on the server stuff. They have other things to work on like video and voice calls. Server stuff is technical work their users don't care about