>Linux
apt install package
done
>Or if your using Arch:
pacman -Syu package
>Opensuse:
zypper install package
You are a fucking autists if you can't do that

Arch with AUR doesn't have this problem :^)

If a program exists for Linux, it exists in the AUR

Wintoddler status:
[ ] not rekt
[ ] rekt
[x] fucking rekt

obviously you use a shit os with a shit package manager

>Apple invented the appstore
>n-no apt doesn't count

>sudo apt-get install memes
>loading list of dependencies
>something is missing
>start chromium
>google lol what am i doing here
>uh oh ... try to copy paste something into terminal ... do i really copy it though or do i type it in like a hacker??!?!
>i type it in ... i have the time anyway
>type something into terminal
>hit enter
>program installs
>no desktop icon
>let me find it real quick
>click through folders
>start program
>oh wow its fucking shit
>let me uninstall it real quick
>sudo .. uh uninstall
>doesnt work
>start chromium
>try to find solution to problem
>still doesnt work
>forget about it ... i have enough space on my 3 TB HDD anyway
>kek only 300 Ram on Start Up used ... at least this makes me feel good
>woah theres a speccy thread on Sup Forums .. let me post
>don't forget to include my favorite waifu wallpaper
>someone will SURELY ask me to upload the wallpaper
>wish i had a image thumbnail viewer in my file browser
>who cares i can remember filenames accurately anyway LOL ... wintoddlers are so stupid
>what was i doing 10 mins ago .. yeah right i wanted to install something but who cares i can just post on Sup Forums and insult these stupid wintoddlers that will NEVER know how it feels to run a lightweight OS that is just right for me

What's this clip from?

>Falling for the leenucks meme
Kek, kill yourself basement dwellers

the great gatsby I think, either that or boardwalk empire

>basement
kek, kys autismo sperglord

boardwalk empire

that girl was so fucking hot

i actually fapped to her once

t. Autist that hasn't actually used linux but takes Sup Forums memes seriously

> >download package
> >missing libs
if you're downloading debs, you're the one to blame.

Windows
>install unchecky
>install crap
>done

unchecky.com/

What city?

Comfy.

>>manually edit sources to get missing package
(You)

Linux
>apt-get install package

>pacman -Syu package

could they not pick something easier to type like "install package"? Don't bring up aliases by the way, that is just a hack.

It is like trying to shortify those commands of yours 'chmod' and 'chgroup', why not change it to 'chmd' and 'chgrp' then?
Linux autism.

>Moving the goalposts
It's easy to type in and remember. If you forget it, there's a man page for that.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I just type: install x
What's so hard about that?

OSX
>pay $3
>download from app store
>still have to do shit yourself
>realize it's complete trash

Windows
>download exe
>get virus
>delete icon off desktop
>program works alright

Linux
>download from repo
>you fucked something up in a patch before
>fix your duct tape solution
>still doesn't work on your system
>go to github
>compile from source
>never worry about updating it again
>the ui is still shit but at least it does what it's supposed to well

Oh, I forgot:
>package maintainer shits the bed and doesn't include all dependencies, or uses sketch-ass unencrypted/improperly signed check
>argues with people about it on AUR instead of fixing his own retard mistake

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Looks like some shithole like hong kong or shanghai.

ITT: people who have never used GNU/Linux