I was planning on picking up another R9 390 to Crossfire because they are pretty cheap around here...

I was planning on picking up another R9 390 to Crossfire because they are pretty cheap around here, how is the performance in cf

pic unrelated

Enjoy your stuttering mess.

what would you suggest? there is no way i can get anything better in that performance for that price

Wait for Vega

>multiple GPUs
>going full retard

its cheap as fuck though

Performance will depend on the game. Around 1080 performance is the best case scenario.

He said Crossfire, not SLI.

>multiple gpus
>in 2017
if only devs stopped being lazy cunts and actually optimised their games more.

Why amd gpu is supposed to be the strongest now?The rx 480?

yea the r9 390 is pretty close to it in terms of performance

Dont

Not fury?

nope fury was released june 2015 and rx480 in june 2016

The Fury X is still their strongest card and offers up to 1070 performance depending on the game.

>falling for the dual GPU meme

Just get an RX 480 senpai.

4 or 8gb tho?
For 1080p only without intentions of using vr in the next 3-4years 4 should be fine, shouldnt it?

The Fury X is still the flagship, even though it is no longer being produced.

4gb at 1080 will kill almost anything today at ultra desu

Don't listen to than guy. RX 480 and 390 are pretty much equally fast. Keep your 390 and get Vega when it's released (in May supposedly).

I actually have a Fury and the 4gb isnt an issue in any game except MAYBE DOOM. I can use the trick to put the textures to nightmare and my FPS then drops and maxes to about 25. But i have monitoring stuff on my 2nd monitor and its not actually using all 4 GB, only about 3600mb is used so i dont know what causes it, going back to tultra textures drops mb usage by a few hundred and boost fps up to around 70-110 depending how much is going on.

In all other scenarios i have never seen it have any possible issues with only 4GB. Although modded skyrim with an assload of graphics added still rapes the card at 35 fps. Again doesnt seem to be maxing the 4gb tho.

exact same as without crossfire.

Multi-GPU is terrible, for right now.

DX12 and Vulkan aim to improve that, how much is uncertain.

390x owner

you dont want 2x 3xx cards in your system heating everything up.

Your cards will be pulling more watts than most peoples towers and roaring away in games that do support it and you'll still be using the same single gpu in games that dont.

multi gpu is silly.

>Must have been shitty tiny ones.
fury is much faster than the 390(which is the same as a 480)

I don't get what this post means by that.

I also have experience with the 390 as i got one used real cheap and decided not to passs it up as i could probably make money on it.

>he doesn't have r9 290x's in 4 way crossfire