Tfw using kaby lake on windows 7

>tfw using kaby lake on windows 7
who else /naughty goy/ here?

me

Good job.

absolute madman

b-but user.. its not supported!

what exactly am I losing out on by using kaby lake on w7 instead of 10? Does anyone even know? I'm sure someone does

You bad, bad goy... good luck with that mortgage application.

DEVILISH

IGPU drivers. Aka fucking nothing.

wasn't the cpu supposed to lock out/unsupported on Windows 7?

SOMEBODY STOP THIS MAN

Upgrading is a meme

Did you have to go through any bullshit to get your USB drivers to work during installation?

well, I already had a windows installation on my previous hard drive so I just installed them via the driver disk from there. No trouble at all. Not sure about installing from scratch though since I don't feel like setting up windows exactly how I like it again.

Are you saying that you took an existing hard drive with windows installed and plugged it into a new motherboard/cpu, and were able to boot? Did you need to sysprep it or anything?

Not him but i didn't with Skylake.

>existing hard drive with windows installed and plugged it into a new motherboard/cpu, and were able to boot
Yep, that's what I mean, and no, I didn't do sysprep or anything of the sort. Just a completely normal w7 install. it booted right up, and I installed all the drivers using the disk from the Motherboard I bought

Not him, but I am also on skylake and ran windows 7 on a dedicated drive for a while.

There is an option in the bios for usb to ps/2 emulation, this needs to be turned on otherwise mouse and keyboard wont work.

There might be some fuckery you can to that allows you to turn this option back off later (its on by default anyway), but its just much simpler to leave it on.

Also note that you need a motherboard that supports bios and uefi booting, or you need to obtain or make a windows 7 iso that is meant for a uefi system.

If you try to load a disk that was meant for bios with a system that uses efi, then youre going to have a bad time.
uefi searches for a file on the disk to load it up, this file isnt there on bios media.

Or do what I did

Get a linux USB and boot to the live environment, make a small boot partition in gparted, and copy ALL the contents of a windows 7 usb to said partition

Worked for me

Are we all going to not comment on the glaring lack of proofs? Well, OP, where's the Proof?

Skylake is fully supported, with all the drivers, tho. Kaby has nothing.

you can't handle the proof