How does it feel that IT will probably be one of the first industries to get automated because there is no...

How does it feel that IT will probably be one of the first industries to get automated because there is no organizations to protect worker rights?

The bus driver will still get a job sitting in the automated bus but you IT fags will all be out of a job.

>no organizations to protect worker rights?
I believe that WILL change. For instance in the 1800s any old fool would raise a building and be legal. Now it's fucking illegal to build a building without proper licences and a whole pipelines of experts and legal documents.
BUT, it will happen much later.
Think like 2040+.

Weapons-grade autism

Did you drop out of CS or something?

>no organizations to protect worker rights?

lol organizations and unions are irrelevant when the workers are no longer needed.

It's obj instanceof stackable all the way down...

The whole point of unions is that they force business to keep workers even when they are not needed. If automation meant no more unions then they would already be gone yet industries with heavy automation like the auto industry still are dominated by them. Think next time.

I don't know to what extent IT will be automated in the future, certainly lower level shit like phone service is a guaranteed, but going up the ladder, things become a lot harder to automate.

The human element is extremely important in IT, despite all the scripted automation and scheduled tasks and such. Even though our devices and machines are smart these day's they're still pretty stupid when it comes to error correction and working around something.

There always needs to be some expert in house who knows what he's doing should the automated processes themselves fail, as even correction machines fail to correct themselves sometimes too.

But regardless of this, I feel that IT is kind of heading into a future akin to that of trades, just a more upper level one in terms of technical knowledge. Personally, IT doesn't feel like purely white collar or purely blue collar. It feels like something in between at times.

Well, you inane faggot fuck, someone still has to maintain and oversee the machines that enable automation.

doesn't understand unions

I think IT acutually automates itself fast enough that it's hard see it being "automated" in the sense of welding robots and bartender robots until either A) innovation drops off because we find optimums in compsci for information problems or B) innovations stop being useful to business and the standardized set of features is packaged and automated while further innovation is mostly academic.

However with the continual increase in volumes and depth of information this type of standardization right now is stagnation and death.

>I've replaced myself at work at least twice with bash.

Getting a bachelor's in Cyber Security and working on A+/Security+ and Cisco certification. My outlook's looking good, you sound like a mad little faggot who works at McDonalds

It will literally never get automated in our lifetime, OP you're fucking retarded

>getting a bachelor's with the word "cyber" in it
>muh Cisco
Nobody cares about your trade school degree, retard. I know more about infosec than you ever will, and it isn't even my fuckin' job.

I, too, can make bold, unfounded, anonymous claims on the internet.

Kill yourself faglord.

Better than a shit claim like getting a "Cyber Security" degree and a Cisco certification - aka bold, unfounded claims IRL. In fact, disregard the bit about me knowing more about infosec than you. That doesn't even matter. My bank account surely doesn't care about that.

Well I'll have you know I'm actually a multi-billionaire and you'll just need to take my word for it.

How old are you?

im 9

You guys know that ITT Tech is a for-profit scam school, right?

Don't go there.

so your bank account is hurting that badly from the paltry $150 cost at certification attempt when you failed ccent?

Got management certificates, ordinary secret clearance, bilingual certified. I'll be fine if I lose my IT job.

>impying AIs won't be replacing those too

not as good as you would think. hardly no place out there wants an entry level security guy even if you have certs right out of college gotta live the shit life and be a high level tech support guy or even a sysadmin for some time before you can do anything with that degree

IT departments have only gotten bigger the more automated things get.

>he fell for the automation takes your job meme
>he fell for the singularity meme

It's called trying to get a cushy gov job while every other cuck tries to find a job where they get fucked by their boss daily into doing extra work.

Where do I look to get good IT jobs? Everywhere I look there is no respect for the IT department and it's people who know nothing about IT trying to micromanage IT projects.

It doesnt matter if you dont have the experience. Focus on getting an entry level job and working at it for at least 2 years. That will be worth more than your certa, at least for the first few years.

This is true, certs are only worth getting when your company pays for you to get them.

Exactly. They are like "extra experience" if you follow me.

Unions make sure people get work whether they are needed or not.

i'll be too busy getting paid to write IT automation software to notice

No there is no way IT could be automated. The whole point is to help people bad with computers. If someone is bad with computers then a computer can't help them.

As a neet thats had to listen to all these IT fags rag on us and boast about getting paid mad bux to post on Sup Forums the last 5 years i find it hilarious.

See you uppity pencil necks in the soup lines.

>tfw live in Houston where Cisco jobs are abundant
>tfw currently have an internship

Feels pretty good man

Is Houston really the new "Silicon Valley"? I've heard some fags say it is and if that's the case then I might move there since it's not much different than where I live now

I'm fine with this, I'll just go do my backup job of being an electrician, if that falls through i can be a car electrician.

>Is Houston really the new "Silicon Valley"?
KEK

I have actually heard people say that though

>Is Houston really the new "Silicon Valley"?
No its full of niggers, but its so massive that the job market is very accommodating.

>literally working to replace himself
this is true cuckism

Yes way.

It feels fine. I have enough money to coast for the rest of my life already considering I won't live past 50.

>Everything is going to be automated! Meaning that everything is going to be programmed!
>And you IT people will be out of a job, ahhahahaha!
Ah yes, the starbucks baristas are going to program the robots, right?

Kek, who do you think will be writing automation software?

Maybe the farmers will be writing it. Or the lawyers? Certainly not any IT people, cause OP says we would all be out of a job by that time!

Fool the programs will just program themselves

Automated Software.

My nigga

After graduating, I plan on spending a few years with local companies doing entry level IT work as I finish my transfer credits, then enroll as a 3rd year in a university that my community college has a transfer program with.

Shouldn't be too bad mm?

Programming will become a lot more trivial.
You just tell that AI what you want it/the program to do and it will fulfill that task, or create a program that does.

Meanwhile a lot of trades and other jobs that require non-static high-precision (i.e. they need to move around and not just stay in one place like in factories) will be save because robots are nowhere close to human performance yet.
You cannot as easily make a robot move around to fix broken windows/doors/locks/plumbing/streets etc.

"You cannot as easily make a robot move around "

>You just tell that AI what you want it/the program to do and it will fulfill that task, or create a program that does.
>You cannot as easily make a robot move around to fix broken windows/doors/locks/plumbing/streets etc.

Oh right, so now we've got an AI that can process and comprehend natural language and can abstract logic problems but cannot do plumbing.
Sure.

One is just a Software problem. The other one is a hardware one.

Look at the robots today. Nowhere close to human performance all-around.

>IT will probably be one of the first industries to get automated
If you automate IT, you get artificial general intelligence. If you get artificial general intelligence, the human era is over. Losing your job isn't a big thing to worry about at that point.
>worker rights
>>>/leftypol/

>You just tell that AI what you want it/the program to do and it will fulfill that task

And how will you "tell it what to do" without giving it a precise, logical set of instructions on what to do?

>normies actually think you will just be able to talk to a computer in imprecise, semantic, normal English, and it will be able to magically understand exactly what you mean

So what, does that make robotics problems harder? We have robots that can balance themselves while walking around like humans do, we've don't have sentient that could actually think and solve problems like you said
>to do and it will fulfill that task, or create a program that does.

Look at those voice assistants (Siri, Google Now, Amazon Echo or w/e they are all called). Comprehending human language is growing fast. So is machine learning.

It's not comprehending human language as such, it has no idea what the meaning behind words is. Do you not understand this?

We've got nothing that could actually comprehend human language. The only thing Siri and such does is converting text to speech and speech to text. Nothing remotely similar to general AI exists.

AI as we currently have it is much like yourself. It can see words, but it doesn't understand concepts behind them, much like you don't understand the concept of how intelligent should an AI be if you could just give it instructions in natural language to do something and it would do it or create an AI that can do it.

If you're talking about giving it a set of logic instructions to use in order to solve a problem, then we already have that. It's called programming.

Also words are concepts arbitrarily chosen by people so we can understand each other not that they have a deeper meaning.

drossel 1.0 > drossel 2.0

Yes, but we can tie logic concepts to words and we can abstract.

The level of AI we currently have is only good at specializing for a certain problem domain it's made for.

The point is
>Look at the robots today. Nowhere close to human performance all-around.
AI is way further from human performance than robots are as far as movement goes.
>You cannot as easily make a robot move around to fix broken windows/doors/locks/plumbing/streets etc.
And all of these can be done right now right away if you wanted to because they're well defined problem domains.

Unless you're doing the automation it's pretty hard to understand how automation could replace complex processes, but that's happening right now, but it's slow going. Automating server provisioning, server configuration, app testing and deployment, and self-healing services are all solved problems already. Containerization and paas solve even more difficult Problems.

Im a senior engineer in infrastructure engineering for a major enterprise software company. Wer're automating everything.

For a good read on what's possIble right now, check out the Google SRE book. You can read it for free online. Right now I'm working on some of the harder problems mentioned in this book such as the completely automatic remediation of storage issues such as full partiitons.

Your first sentence sums up programming.

How does it feel to be ideologically brainwashed into the concept of spending 1/3 of your life working for someone else

Bro we're all going to spend 1/3 of our lives working for someone.

>It's not comprehending human language as such, it has no idea what the meaning behind words is. Do you not understand this?
Doesn't matter. It just needs to figure out the keywords. And also it will be improved.

Come up with a solution and save the entire world of this misery.

Full automation is the solution. Nobody will need to work anymore.

So what's the point of buying things with government money?

B-but I won't live to see it.

I don't want to program things that I'm not even interested in, help me.

Jajaja

>See this thread
>Considers automation on IT problems.
>Reminds self that there is no cheap way to fully automate the procedure of Diagnostic on general IT procedures and even if one exists it requires proprietary hardware that has to be updated every time the OS gets an update.

Yeah it wouldn't work unless we like get a major overhaul of the systems we have now.

Any reason the coming sex bots cannot fix some security between laundry and sex duty?

I didn't think so.

SAP,IBM,Microsoft,Apple,Google, CSAI MIT and AT&T had fail to do it.

Everyone try make self programming system, everybody had fail.

It's only a matter of time.

In the long run we are all dead