Firefox thread

Sidebar API has been completed and added to Nighly with more to come.
TreeStyleTabs and similar extensions are now possible with WebExtensions only.

A lot more APIs will be added this year so even things like Vimperator/Pentadactyl will be possible.

XUL/XPCOM evangelists BTFO.

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1208596
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1329022

Project Quantum is also coming along nicely and we'll soon see Stylo, the new parallel CSS styling engine, integrated with Gecko.
That means that one of the slowest parts of Firefox will be replaced with a fresh and modern implementation that's faster than any current alternative.

Why aren't you using the soon-to-be best-browser-in-every-possible-way Firefox yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/5Xf_WrxuKy4
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1199718
blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/arrival/?utm_source=desktop-snippet&utm_campaign=moz&utm_medium=snippet&utm_term=6298&utm_content=campaign&sample_rate=0.01&snippet_name=6298
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>any extension that wants a custom UI now has to be in a sidebar
that sounds fucking awful and it's how you get this shit

noice noice

groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/5Xf_WrxuKy4
> They need to prisoners to convert XUL code to HTML
LOL

So will all my old addons cease to function now unless Mozilla approves new versions? An open source browser doesn't need a walled garden.

Install WaterFox or Un-googled Chromium - Sup Forumstards

Waterfox uses the same codebase, so its future is the same as Firefox.

Pale Moon fully forked itself from Firefox long before E10s, so it'll never get multiprocess support.

It's time to accept that the web browser is dead.

Hold your horses, cowboy!

So where the fuck is my tab group and dta?

Sidebar or toolbar. It's basically the same as before.

>An open source browser doesn't need a walled garden.
but that's the point of their failed addon-signing-scheme.

XUL/XPCOM evangelists BTFO.

Sure native.js resolved to WONTFIX.
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1199718

Reason: in 2015 it was said we'd deprecate the permissive add-on model

Since we got thread like this:

Why exactly my Firefox almost freeze when I refresh page in Sup Forums, the more replies the longer freeze?

I also tried this on old Opera and Internet Explorer and they dont have any of such problems.

Anybody got idea?

Is Nightly supposed to generate so many crash reports? I've only been using it for a couple of days but every time I open it I get the "you have x unsent crash reports", even though it hasn't crashed on me at all.

Add-ons, plug-ins, userscripts?
Tried starting Firefox in safe-mode and see if the error still persists? (Hold down shift while starting Firefox.)

Some weeks ago I got a crash report for every time I closed Nightly. Dunno if it really crashed on closing. But that did stop after a while for me.

Only this addons, nothing else.

Other sites load normally.

Pale Moon is now a a true fork and not a reskin.

I'd still suggest trying safe-mode. It's a quick and easy test.

>been using the same firefox user profile since 2002
>have dozens of addons, userscripts, userstyles
>firefox is still as fast as edge or chrome
Am I the only one?

Yes

No.
I don't use userstyles but i've got a million changes in about:config regarding privacy

>a million changes in about:config
I've got less than a thousand. Just recently cleaned up all unused about:config values.

I've been using the same profile since '06 I think. It's moved between 3 computers and I consistently have over 100 tabs open at a time.

Firefox runs really fast on start but after a few days it needs a restart because it gets above 3.5gb of RAM and slows down.

Anyone else >100 tab masterrace?

Same here, but I need to reboot it every 1-2 days.

>tfw you're afraid to force activate e10s because of your addons

Oh you can force enable it with no issues. It just will disable itself.

tfw I dgaf about addons anymore. I even run all the silly test pilot addons from Mozilla.

so that's why it doesn't work for me. I wondered why it was showing it wasn't working

>tfw force-enabled e10s with 10 content processes
It runs well but after a week or so it ends up using ~10GB for no apparent reason. Then I restart it and everything is fine again.

just curious, is the firefox in the logo male or female?

It's a girl(male)

We have already a general browser thread Let this die.

It's a gender fluid pan sexual fox person.

Nah, it won't if you actually force enable it. I tested it for a while with all my addons active and didn't notice any immediate issues, but I'm not in a hurry.

call me when i can get "classic theme restorer" as a web-extensions until then it is and will always be a horrible crippled piece of shit that should have never replaced but expanded XUL/XPCOM

What functionality do you actually require from that addon?

Use compact theme.

I use pretty much 70% of the options the addon gives so writing it out would be too much work tbqh
but most of all besides little "invisible" tweaks
i require the ability to change the ui of the browser
haven´t tried it but it doesn´t look like what i need

Unfortunately this.

When the support for classic theme restorer finally dies, firefox will lose about half a million users. (CTR userbase plus few other similar addons that can't be ported to WebExtensions)

I'm using nightly desu

>assuming a logo is sentient

Im quitting Firefox. The main branch at least. I may still use a different branch made by the community.

blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/arrival/?utm_source=desktop-snippet&utm_campaign=moz&utm_medium=snippet&utm_term=6298&utm_content=campaign&sample_rate=0.01&snippet_name=6298

>masterrace
you meant autist, right?

Kill yourself, general-fag.

Quitting, why?

They have been pushing sjw agendas for a long time now and the article I linked puts the nail in the coffin for me. I do not want to use a web browser with a political agenda.

Which political agenda? Be specific.

>muh agendas
Who ever gives a fuck. If the product is good, I'll use it.

The wall shit, are you fucking blind? They keep mentioning how firefox is a web browser without boarders (or whatever) in that article. They wouldnt give a fuck about boarders if it wasnt for the contemporary political climate.

Too vague, you seem not to know.

I've heard of people not buying/using products that have indecently corrupt or evil management (see: Nestlé), but not because they have fucking opinions to voice.
I could give a shit about whatever stupid activism they try to propagate. They aren't a evil for believing in something. Grow the fuck up you entitled faggot.

>assuming a logo is not sentient and also assuming its pronouns

***inherently

Why do you need multiprocess?

I use Pale Moon on a core2duo with at least 20 tabs open at a given time. It performs wonderfully.

Current Pale Moon codebase is around 37 IIRC, eventually it will get multiprocess support, just not soon.

What is multiprocess?

Not him, but some of us make heavier use of our browsers than you do. Without e10s I would need to reboot firefox constantly before the main process hits its memory limit.

>what is animism

This.

>tfw nightly doesn't support XP/vista any more

Which memebrowser still has support for these old operating systems?

It's a marketing gimmick you negroid.

No organization is going to appeal to authoritarian / right-wing views. I don't care what web browser you want to use, at least ONE contributor has opinions that don't align with yours. You're a pointless search for "ReichBrowser"

Old Pale Moon version, or QupZilla.

> using palememe

You are all crazy if you don't use Icecat.

>QupZilla
Looks like it's not compatible with old ati cards, pic related

>Old Pale Moon version
Then I could just use an old firefox version, at least mozilla will make security updates for some time

How is that going?

Upgrade your operating system.

Lucky me I have Icecat.

Looks like a girl to me.

No.

What is the alternative to userstyles now that is gone botnet?

They've been saying that for ages.

This thread is shit.

What's wrong with firefox?

it's not jewish enough, apparently

Too bad.

Any good browser based games?

>Pale moon

All add-on devs quit cause no Firefox. Pale moon is shit

>tfw firefox recently started lagging climbing up to 2gb memory and halting even though i have 16gb ram

is it time to switch to chromium?

Stylrr?

someone post screenshots of Firefox Nightly with this fucking WebExtensions

what about ungoogled-chromium?

is already out?

>even though i have 16gb ram
Why are computer illiterates allowed to post on Sup Forums?

It's a 32-bit process so its address space is limited to 2 GB. Restart it, or get the 64-bit version or at least apply 4 GB flags to the exe.

install sourcemage

this

It's already the 64-bit version? I've already tried cyberfox too

Where can I see a list of available addons?

>firefox
>not calling it phoenix
>noob

Osprey when is out.