What's your main laptop?

What's your main laptop?

2016 TB MacBook Pro here

Must be hard people calling you a dumb mactard faggot

Must be hard being poor.

No one does that except anonymous internet tough guys like you :)

Not much of an outgoing type.

At the moment, Dell Precision M6300.

T7400
4GB RAM
640GB HDD
Quadro FX1600m
1920x1200 17" LCD
Windows 7

I hate it. This setup was only ever any good because we didn't know any better.

I'm torn between a couple things, possibly a Lenovo L51s when they come out, because I'm not home most of the week anyway. Or I might pick up a Dell XPS 15. Undecided...

That's a big laptop

quadro masterrace reporting in

8 or 16GB? Looking into getting the nTB right now.

8. I don't do any video editing or coding so this has been sufficient and I haven't experienced any problems. I originally had the nTB but exchanged it because only having 2 ports annoyed me

Has the touchbar been useful at all?

How's the battery?

None of the functions it added have been useful on a daily basis to me other than word prediction in Safari, autofill info, and Preview highlighting. The fingerprint scanner is nice too, but other than that the TB hasn't really been put to great use yet. The video/audio scrubber has been nice but it's not essential. In the end I'm glad to have it, I just hope it gets better.

Asus G75VW.

I got it when I travelled a bunch for work back in 2012 and wanted a laptop I could play games on. Since then its made a great backup workstation because the components are strong enough. Ivy Bridge i7, 12gb ddr3 ram, 660m GPU. I've always been a bit curious why these laptop manufacturers go with high end CPUs and low-to-medium GPUs.

I don't have one at the moment, leaning towards a Cr-48

Mu UX31 died a horrible death and im eyeing one of these. Is it worth?

Get your hands on one, the build quality is the best of any laptop I've ever owned, it feels great. The only negative I've found is battery life, but it isn't bad enough to be a problem, just not as good as my 2015 rMBP was. It's improved with OS updates and some users announce better results than others, but I can still depend on it enough to not carry a charger with me to an 8 hour day of classes.

2016 Asus Aspire R15

gets the job done

You have 12x as much storage, 6x as much ram and 3x as many screens as your average ultrabook and a GPU that costs as much as a dirt bike
But you can't even make it past 60hz

Oh yeah dude the build quality is amazing. I have an apple store a few miles from me and i played around with it for a while. I was worried about the 15" being too big and clunky but its really not. Battery i dont really care about enough, because my classes are always so spaced out that i can charge in between. Im just worried about wasting 25 hundo. But duuude i wanted one before trying it out but now after im really set

I don't have my 60hz monitor on my work setup, this is a productivity setup. Dev Box on vm, hardware vms, etc.

Slavic poorfag reporting in

>The 1070 for productivity meme
Every time

Heres my 13 inch 2-in-1 that weighs under 2 lbs with a battery that lasts from morning to night for $1000
HDMI, 3 USB 3.0, USB-C 3.1 and as card slot, because having inputs is a feature nowadays

Zenbook with GT 940 so I can do some light gaming.

x230
275gb ssd
16gb ram
IPS screen
old style keyboard
Does the job may consider upgrading for more screen real estate

Is it really so hard to understand that you might travel and want to work AND be able to play games comfortably? the laptop monitor is a 120hz gsync. When I'm docked at the desk I have 3 monitors. It still cost less than the mac for considerably more power.

I'd go for it if you have the money. I bought it with the intention of using it for at least 3-4 years and it's the first laptop I've owned (including last year's MBP) that feels like it won't have the slightest problem lasting that long

This is true, the build quality is really unparalleled. That's what you're paying for. I'm the fag with the 1070 / 48gig msi frankenstein. I sold my 2013 mbp to pay for the base laptop before I added ram and 3 tb of ssd.

Forgot to post speccy

Using a Thinkpad x131e that I got from ebay for $100.

Trackpad is terrible, bios have a whitelist for wifi cards, and super bulky.

Can't complain for $100, but really waiting for the 12" Macbook to update with TB3 and 16GB ram.

I miss when I was able to buy cheap shit and just make it work to create amazing shit. Human fight or flight mechanism is interesting as fuck. Now I buy the most amazing shit to do mundane shit.

X220t saving money for something else better

But Speccy says you don't have a 120hz gsync laptop screen
And you said it was a productivity laptop, that you got a 1070 in your laptop so you run VMs, your words not mine sir

Lenovo Yoga 910 with all upgrades except for the stupid expensivwe 1 TB SSD so I settled with the 512 GB.

For you.

How's the battery on whichever size version you have?

Is that a hinge or a meat grinder?

It's gonna get clogged up with semen

Still have my 2011 matte model upgraded with more ram and an SSD. Runs like a dream, better than the day I bought it even. No complaints unless they stop me being able to update the OS.

whats the point of a laptop when you just stay home all day?

13"
It isn't bad but it leaves much to be desired. It doesn't get a full 10-12 hours like I would get with light usage on last year's model, but the trade off for all the improvements is worth it. I can get 7-8 hours of similar usage. Kinda shitty, but nothing to get upset over.

Believe it or not, some people here actually have lives. Even if you don't leave the house, it's still nice to be able to compute in whatever room you want and anywhere in the room you want.

Hence the reason I use my laptop for actual things a few days a year.

zenbook 13 i really like

Ive been close to buying the 910 many times now..

Its so hard to justify the price for the "low performance" and small screen.

But it has all I want apart from the forementioned.

How do you like it?

How did you get a 2016TB model?

Guys could you recommend me a laptop under $1k? Mainly need it to be for gaming.

>It's the daily Macbook shill thread
>anons fall for it every time

It's blatant adverting and you eat it up. Morons.

you can use it anywhere obviously. I honestly think I wont't ever buy a desktop again. Laptop+home server is the way to go.

This

You just rocked my world.

>be me
>bought $21.5k of high end photography equipment on a whim
>justification: always wanted to be a pro, maybe the investment will help me quit my mundane day job
>upon reflection: some of the best photos I ever took were on my smartphone

Feels bad man.

Alienware

A very sturdy hinge.

Under 1k was a mistake, more like $400

Currently Acer swift 3 (the only downside I see that people confuse it with a MacBook Air...) and a 14" latitude on the side. Also have a a ancient M1330 for experiments...

My dreams dick is diamond...

a laptop with TB? make sure it wears a mask

The only laptop I have is a Thinkpad T410.
I haven't used it in about 5 months, and it doesn't even have an operating system installed at the moment.

What's the win 10 equivalent of a chrome book pixel?

Competent power, light, long battery

ThinkPad X200 with Libreboot and Parabola GNU/Linux

Aside from the logo on the lid, it's perfect.

I found it to be good value compared to some competition and I do like it. Performance is good and it works. Build is great but not quite MacBook Pro or Surface Book level. Display is great but aside from the massive resolution not as good as MacBook Pro or Surface Book. Battery life is good(much better with lower resolution screen) and overall package is only missing a dedicated SD card slot. Most positive stuff is already said in reviews and it is a good device. I think it's better to say something negative at this point.

1. Main gripes would be display color accuracy out of the box but I calibrated it so I can do some photo work on it if needed. Gamut, brightness and contrast is good, something you would expect from a modern IPS.

2. Some of the keys on the keyboard can be a bit finicky but overall the feel is nice and compared to what I've previously used on laptops, a massive improvement. It feels sturdy to type on thanks to little flex on the body.

3. The touchpad's right click is inconsistent, sometimes I'm pressing from the very right corner yet it still registers as a left click.

4. The hinge is nice and tablet mode, even if the device is not exactly a tablet at this size, is quite useful. However, there is a bug in the display drivers where the device sometimes thinks its in tablet mode when you wake it up from sleep/open the lid. You just have to put it to tablet mode and back to make it work. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

5. Device came preinstalled with some Lenovo crapware but nothing too intrusive. I removed them.

6. Webcam placement is awkward.

It's a good hinge. It works and looks cool.

Can the tablet mode be turned on/off with a button/command or are you forced to tilt it?

12" macdonglebook have no tb3 user.. only usb 3.1 c
t. i'm using one

>Can the tablet mode be turned on/off with a button/command or are you forced to tilt it?
I think you have to tilt it but I can verify later today whether this is the case. Touch works either way.

How do you know someone owns an Apple product? They'll tell you.

Asus ROG GL502. i7-6700HQ, 1060, 16GB, 500SSD+1TBHDD.

Works great for engineering+gaming. Use it with my Vive, love it.

The 1080p matte IPS screen is glorious but the battery life sucks. At least it was free.

Are there any remotely new convertible laptops with a matte touchscreen?

Oh wait I'm stupid. The tablet mode is simply disabling the keyboard right?

One of the uses for me would be having the laptop standing up(portrait mode) when I'm at my main pc. So I don't want it to change into some weird mode that won't let me do things with my wireless keyboard/mouse.

elitebook 2560p

Asus F55U.
The most demanding thing I run on it is Citra emulating Pokemon which it does well.

It disables the keyboard and changes the interface to be more touch friendly but you can of course use other input devices.

I didn't know Rossman browsed Sup Forums

2570p fag here

Hows the battery life?

Dell Latitude E6530

Better than I expected. I have the Kaby Lake version with the QHD (not 4k) screen. With moderate brightness and the keyboard backlight on low I went from 8AM to about 4:30PM yesterday doing work/shitposting/YouTube non stop before getting any warnings.

The only laptop out there, which can make me switch from mac.

Company issued Thinkpad X250 reporting in.

All these puny little wee laptops for itty bitty babies
WEAK LITTLE MEN
CЛAБЫE MЛAДEHЦEB! Baши pyки мягким, кaк вaшa мaмa

Ancient tier Dell Inspiron 1545 coming through.

not even joking
>circa 2006

>Leaving work yesterday at Uni
>Backpack not zipped all the way
>2010 Laptop slips out,hits ground screen is cracked
>Add to failing battery + other things

Guess it's time to replace it. How "decent" are 1060 Laptops? Should I still avoid MSI still?

because it is evenly gay

I use a Surface Pro 4. It's nearly perfect. great screen, pen for taking notes (in uni), about 1 kg, good battery life

Lenovo IdeaPad 80M8

Though I pretty much only use it at my gf's house. When I'm home, I'm on my Mac mini.

Anything but Asus and MSI.

2011 13" i7 MBP for home use
T430 for work

Found the poorfag with garbage font rendering that's never had the sheer pleasure of using a Mac.

>Windows 10 HOME
You fucked up

Lmao is everyone on Sup Forums legitimately poor or just meme'ng?

>notes
Not just buying a cheap IPad for that

>surface pro 4
good luck doing any decent work on that toy

Who else even makes 1060 laptops besides them?

Depends on price. My Asus is great, the GL502 is slim and light for a 15" with that much power. YMMV on other models, anything else starts to feel like a brick. MSI still look like plastic trash to me. At least my Asus feels like it isn't going to fall apart.

Finally someone else.
Though I use a T420, and a 2013 I7 MBP

Why not asus?