Other urls found in this thread:

diversity.com/Advanced-Micro-Devices
amd.com/en-us/who-we-are/corporate-responsibility/employees
fudzilla.com/news/processors/42806-intel-cpu-with-amd-igpu-coming-this-year
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>still using photoresist to make CPUs
>die still made from doped silicon and copper interconnect

wtF

am i autistic for liking to reallign the pins on AMD cpus when they get fucked during transport?

shut up you're going to make my shares drop more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>2017
>no integrated GPU
>no APU
>"it's the future"

apus are coming later.
i dont want 40percent of the die being used by the igpu like with kaby lake.

Summit ridge isn't for laptops

thats called basic maintenance

They had to drop the iGPU so that they could trick customers into thinking Ryzen was as power efficient as jewtel.

>less than three years ago

AMD feels like it's in a bizzaro CRT dominated timeline

>work at Intel
>about to lose engineering job in next round of layoffs to make way for more feminism hires in management
>AMD is laughing it up with their new processor architecture
>feel like crap inside, like your soul is being stripped away
>decide to send a resume to AMD
>get rejected
>go to Sup Forums to shitpost and ruin AMD fags fun
>still feel terrible

40 percent huh?

damn intel really is schooling AMD even in unreleased shit

isnt zen only like 12% smaller than kaby?

Kaby has no HEDT parts so neck yourself shill.

your statement sounds like it works even greater in my favor

t. Schlomo from Intel's Tel Aviv division

Good, I hope they replace more of you with dumb white womyn and your company crashes for being price-gougers who promote multiculturalism and Zionist expansionism.

How so, my dear kike?

Great GPU there, Intel.

diversity.com/Advanced-Micro-Devices

>gender diversity metrics

amd.com/en-us/who-we-are/corporate-responsibility/employees

>no integrated GPU

thank fucking god

such bs that high end intel cpus have fucking garbage gpu tacked on

That their HEDT shit barely competes with Intels mainstream SKUs

How so, schlomo?

Intel's HEDT CPUs don't come with integrated graphics either, yet have 50% higher TDP.

Lmao what?
Who needs a GPU on a $1500 CPU?

AMD lies on TDP

who needs an igpu on anything but bottom of the barrel cpus

Ah, nevermind, you're just a butthurt intelshill.

Everyone lies, even you, schlomo.

3 INTEL TDP = 1 AMD TDP

Depends on the workload.

Not everyone thinks PCs are for video games you autistic children

Then get a $60 cellery, that has a GPU and you don't need more for facebook and word

Thanks for proving my point more

so you are going to drop 300 on a cpu but use an igpu?

why not just buy a bottom of the barrel dedicated gpu with better cuda/opencl performance than any intel trash

This is the best thing fucking ever you cock sucking faggot.

I have lost multiple motherboards to that fucking intel lga jew bullshit because of a single bent pin, and even more to multiple bent pins.

I have never lost a cpu to bent pins, even VERY fucked up ones.

Fuck LGA.

Good

Agreed. Why not get a Nvidia GPU? Do you hate drivers that work well or something?

This, your double prove it

>bottom of the barrel dedicated gpu with better cuda/opencl performance than any intel trash
pretty sure this was tested and proved to be false, at least as far as games are concerned

So, is the heatspreader of the Ryzen CPU soldered or only put together with cheap thermal paste like the Intels?

soldered

I haven't read about that anywhere.

>shilling without valid arguments

iGPUs are a waste of space. They are used to inflate the price of the CPU, and you likely don't even use it.

Well high-end Intel CPUs doesnt have iGPU (x99). Nice shilling an have a shitty day.

Every amd cpu has been soldered, it would be MORE expensive for Amd to begin using paste. You have to retool etc.

It doesn't cost more money to order a different package spec, they can change at will. AMD has had both solder and TIM under heat spreaders in recent history. Kaveri has TIM, but the Godavari refresh is soldered. Bristol Ridge, and Ryzen are both soldered though. Raven Ridge will likely be soldered too.

Intel's igpu is amazing and extremely power efficient for something you basically get for free, as long as you are doing literally anything other than playing wanting to play graphically intensive games.

There is a huge range of needs between "grandma's facebook and word processing" and "wants fancy post-processing effects in AAA gaymurr titles" where fancy 3D graphics and floating point calculations are not required, but CPU power is (Really? Noone here is a software developer?)

Paying extra for a discrete GPU focused on performance over power, heat and cost efficiency just to get acceptable desktop performance (or in this case, any display at all) doesn't make sense.

How about those people buy an APU then?

>2017
>RAM still not integrated onto the CPU die

Are Intel and AMD even trying?

>something you basically get for free

But you don't get it for free. You pay for it by not getting the extra CPU cores that could be taking up that space. There is literally no excuse for still being limited to quad core chips on the mainstream platform in 2017.

And Intel's iGPUs are complete shit from a performance point of view. Whether they're "fine" for desktop usage or not, they're a long, long way off AMD in that department. Which is why they're giving up and just licensing tech from AMD for their iGPUs.

fudzilla.com/news/processors/42806-intel-cpu-with-amd-igpu-coming-this-year

The NSA backdoor is located on that part of the die on lakes.

>This is the best Intel's million dollar marketing department can come up with
Zen has already won.
Zen has truly won

>work at Intel
>about to lose engineering job

But you were once the Brazzer's of the CPU world

nobody on Sup Forums actually uses an igp when they have the option to use a card for gaming.

this is just shit tier fanboy flame fanning faggotry.

I wouldn't get carried away by completely iGPU so fast, Kaby Lake was essentially focused on 4K playback and it's a great chip in that regard, we've yet to see AMD performance on 4K playback aside from encoding.

Kaby Lake 7700K can run 4K@60hz to seamlessy stream VB9 and HVEC 10-bit codecs which is quite feat (quicksync presumably)/

This chip is capable of 30hz.

Besides that, I'm not sure wheter you really tried Iris Pro graphics but they certainly have a feel to the image quality which is clearly distinctive and cannot be reproduced with a discrete GPU.

Personally, I really find the image quality of iGPU graphics to certainly have an identity on their own in terms of image and video quality which is certainly due to their centralized nature. An industry professional can very well edit images only with Iris Pro and without a discrete GPU. Not a shill.

(You) do

According to Intel.

Yes Intel is dying.

[spoilers]join us at ARM :^) [/spoiler]

It also has double the cores of Kaby lake.

petty user

If you care about gaming tho, why have a igpu?

If Intel ditched the useless graphics and used the die space for MOAR L3 we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

>That their HEDT shit barely competes with Intels mainstream SKUs
In singlethreaded, I guess. 5% is not a whole lot.

In multicore they're literally almost twice as fast.
Vs the HEDT parts out right now they're as fast, but cost less than a third of the Intel equivalent.

>In multicore they're literally almost twice as fast.
Vs the HEDT parts out right now they're as fast, but cost less than a third of the Intel equivalent.
While being more energy efficient.

it's pretty marginal. As long as the HEDT chips aren't doing AVX they won't suck down the 140W they're rated for. it's more like 103W or so.
Still, against the 95W AMD chip that could be a dealbreaker in a server environment.

>they certainly have a feel to the image quality which is clearly distinctive and cannot be reproduced with a discrete GPU.

ah so you're a retard, not a shill. thank's for clarifying.

GPUs dont affect image quality, they allow for faster 3d image rendering, which they all try to do exactly the same. opening an image on any computer will look the exact same no matter what GPU it has.

>puts everything together
>boot it up
>does it work?
>lolidunnonogpu
lol fucking AMD.

>2017
>still makes low quality bait threads

>want Ryzen
>have 1080 SLI and 4K monitor
>apparently there are only 24 PCIe 3.0 lanes from the CPU
>no x16/x16 SLI on CPU lanes
>all mobos I've seen so far are x16/x8, not even a PLX PCIe bridge in sight
This is actually pretty disappointing to me. I've tested x8/x8 and x16/x16 and SLI really is utter shit at 4K with x8/x8 in certain games. I hope somebody makes a PLX mobo, if not I'll have to wait for Skylel-X and hope Intel is forced to lower prices by then.

>SLI
Who the fuck uses that?

see

impact on 3D perf of 16X SLI is close to nil because the lane isn't maxed out; except in some cases like antialiasing that can't communicate via the SLI connector and has to do that via PCIE which impacts perf, it's mostly drivers and support

>GPUs don't affect image quality

>except in some cases like antialiasing that can't communicate via the SLI connector
Yeah, like temporal AA which is highly popular nowadays and can produce very good results (TXAA is quite nice, the TAA in TW3 is pretty good, the one in For Honor was nice as well and the one in DOOM too). Almost every game that uses some sort of TAA suffers if you don't have full bandwidth between cards. In some cases the performance drop is extreme, DOOM at 4K for instance doesn't even scale at all in SLI if you don't have the cards at x16/x16, it actually runs worse than single GPU.

Also the SLI bridges don't provide a lot of extra b/w at all, a HB bridge only provides like 3GB/s, the bulk of the data transfer goes over PCIe, where there's ~16GB/s available if the cards have full-speed slots.

They don't affect image quality inherently, you tech-illiterate shitbag. Running a piece of software through the same output on the same monitor using the same settings will look identical. Any discrepancy is down to you being retarded and not setting it up properly, such as using an incorrect RBG range setting.

You really don't need AA in 4K, just override with 2x multi and 4x transparency supersampling but yeah it depends. TXAA is great but when SMAA is better imo

That's why single strong GPU is always the best route, get the next titan instead of sli and you'll see the diff esp. since larger die sizes are really meant for higher resolutions

Well, only for the West.

Another few decades and you are gonna be the 3rd Worlders while East Asians rule the World.

Motherboard HDMI vs PCIe, if you have an iGPU just dl the iris driver and you'll see the difference, the way the image is displayed is very different, I'm not talking about inherent image quality or even connectivity but the image in itself has a different quality to it, you gotta consider that it's probably remaining north bridge? It's comparable to onboard audio vs a dedicated card with very minor differences but that's a bad analogy

Asians can only copy the west and poo in loos, don't make me laugh

>You really don't need AA in 4K
Are you actually playing games at 4K and talking out of experience? It is indeed very hard to see aliasing at 4K in still images, from normal viewing distance. But when you're actually playing a game things like edge crawling can still be easily visible and noticeable in motion, SMAA is also largely ineffective against this. If you're actually playing games at 4K, give Dishonored 2 a try with injected SMAA at whatever settings you prefer, then try the built-in TXAA. Look at the edges and notice how vastly superior TXAA is in eliminating crawling, SMAA barely does anything at all against that sort of problem. How much aliasing you see also depends on how sharp the game is in general, if it's the sort of title that blurs everything to shit aliasing can be completely unnoticeable, but games with a nice and sharp look still display some aliasing.

The "next Titan" isn't even a thing that is announced, much less so available on the current market. The current Titan is much slower than 1080 SLI. By the time NVIDIA releases another Titan I'll be interested in getting 144FPS at 3840x2160, so I very much doubt a single one of those is going to be enough unless it's 4x faster than what we have now.

>you will always be millennial
>you will never be gen x

ah, so it's audiophile shit. that doesnt work for anything that uses digital connections (DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort) because digital connections cant really have "noise" introduced. if you add enough noise to a digital connection, it doesnt degrade the quality, it just cuts it completely, so as long as you can see an image it's always 100% perfect.

pretty sure they didnt lie about the fx 9590 tdp which was literally a housefire

Yeah with all the quantum dot HDR memes. It's really personal preference as you know, since there's really no "correct" settings and rendering really depends on the engine, I'd say SMAA is superior to TXAA on unreal engine 4, I haven't played dishonored 2, that game was apparently ported to consoles (not to denigrate the game's worth and quality) so it's always relative on how AA is applied. When SMAA isn't available and TXAA is the higher option, I'll agree that TXAA is fantastic on Autodesk/AutoCAD

HBM2 is supposed to show up soon which will fix your bandwidth woes on SLI (which is phased out for over 4 cards right) but 60fps is very achievable with fast sync. Use nvidia profile inspector for settings because you sometimes you get default settings, afaik when you use high quality textures, higher end hold better value on the long run

profile settings for 2.1.3.4, you can try it out

Right well that said, iGPU running 4K at 60hz is a fantastic achievement from Intel on Kaby 7700K, it's really incredible; obviously it's quicksync which is less customizable and inferior to DXVA2 and madVR but it still hits a landmark in perf. From personal exp, having display sourced directly from the CPU has something to it that discrete GPUs don't reproduce but I don't mean to romanticize it either

Another factor since you mentioned 3D is PhysX which can be offloaded directly on the iGPU instead of a PhysX card or discrete card, iGPU PhysX processing is very good esp. overclocked

>he actually uses APUs and doesn't have a discrete GPU.
>laughingblondes.jpeg

how does it feel to live in poverty?

HBM2 has nothing to do with SLI, nor will it solve any bandwidth issues since the bandwidth issue exists from one card to the other, not from each GPU to its own VRAM.

Shit implementations of TXAA can look overly blurry, but good ones are very nice. As for SMAA - it's always available since it can be injected, but it simply doesn't solve certain types of aliasing.

FastSync produces noticeable microstutter unless the FPS is like 2x the refresh rate and is furthermore completely unsupported in SLI, it doesn't work at all.

Eh, I don't really like enabling forced AA globally, especially not at 4K. Sometimes it can be unnecessary and the performance hit is significant, I generally tweak things on a per-game basis. AO can also have multiple types of issues (not necessarily performance, but image quality/being applied wrong) if you don't add specific AO bits for each game and even then some titles just don't work.

Why is it BS? there's literally 0 drawback to it, and it allows laptops and slim desktops to save a ton of space and money in their builds. If anything, it shows how good the engineering is at jewtel when they can tack on an iGPU and still be more power efficient than AMD.

SLI produces microstutter, it's just a gigantic upsell either way fxaa and trilinear are enabled by default

PCIE 4.0 will be released this year

High bandwidth controllers can communicate with flash memory through PCIe with NVMe and a full x16 lanes of PCI Express 3.0. Controller as part of the HBC or third party because currently NVMe options are limited to PCIE 3.0 x4, if AMD utilized something like Intel 3D XPoint / Optane A high-end consumer Vega 10 GPU with 8-16GB of HBM2 and a 128GB SSD

Laptops and slim desktops are unlikely to have 95W octocore processor, user.

>PCIE 4.0 will be released this year
who besides supercomputers needs that?

> Motherboards cost like 1/5th the price of a CPU
> Enthusiasts will use enthusiasts boards with enthusiast CPUs
> Cheap people will use cheap CPUs with cheap boards
> The connecting system on any given motherboard looks complicated/expensive as fuck

why not just pair CPUs and main boards?

>SLI produces microstutter
SLI *can* produce microstutter if the profile is shit or the engine is shit, that however doesn't change the fact that the frame time variance increase due to SLI is often very small and when working properly it comes out ahead of single-GPU even in 99th percentile frame time measurements.

>PCIE 4.0 will be released this year
You mean the specification is finalized, sure. It's gonna be a while until we see actual support on desktop products. The PCIe spec was finalized in 2010 and the first CPUs to support it IIRC were Ivy Bridge in 2012.

>High bandwidth controllers can communicate with flash memory through PCIe with NVMe and a full x16 lanes of PCI Express 3.0
Do you even know what sort of bandwidth numbers you're talking about? HBM2 cards are probably going to provide 512GB/s to 1TB/s of memory bandwidth. Even today, a GTX 1080 has 320GB/s+ of memory bandwidth. PCIe 3.0 x16 is 16GB/s. 16GB/s is "fast" for persistent storage like SSDs (which are slow as all fuck compared to HBM), but it's a joke compared to the memory bandwidth used by GPUs. This has absolutely nothing to do with SLI or with the bandwidth issues that arise.

There is no practical advantage for desktop platforms where the size of the socket is absolutely no issue.

For starters, motherboards have fairly high failure rate(especially compared to CPUs). It sucks having to spend $400 on a replacement just because a part on your $100 motherboard failed.

xFire/SLI are shit, there needs to be some kind of way for GPUs to instantly share their VRAM or microstutter will just continue with those technologies, quickest idea would be some kind of PCIe PCIe buffer that would do it, but it seems like a very specific idea and most people would frown at paying $40 more for a motherboard because multiGPU marketshare is 1.1%

16GB/s is more than enough for data to be transferred to the gpu. The bandwidth you're talking about is to gpu core which needs to be cranked up as high as possible.

*is vram to gpu core

i had to spend like 30€ on a gt210 for my old X79 build turned server+nas because Intels HETDs CPUs have no IGPU